Indiana SWA tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sleepless in IN
I agree with what you have said, and rallied all those indiana SWA cases victims. The maingoal wasto involve senator's office was a combined and forcefull response. Any way, we didnot receive a personal appointment with senator yet.
Consent for initial inquiry was enclosed as I knew the whole process, sorry I should have informed u guys of Letter of consent, also located on the same website.
I knew the Dallas BEC has received the same concerned which I typed and send to Senator( from employer behalf), Signed by Mr. Williams on fedex signature.
I also know the there was call from ?Dallas asking about the office/company location yesterday took by our secretry( it could be a total false alarm as this a professional physician group practice we gets tel call all the time inquring about our practice, but don't recall our patinets resides in Dallas.
Any way I was anticipating Dallas BEC recieve our blunt letter on 6/27/05
It will be interesting to see any response from them, or atleast some kind of progress on cases/atleast from that Volunteer "Icarus"
I am very closely following every thing, and will keep u guys posted. I realy apprecaite every ne support and team work.
Thanks

Indiana acses

Great job Sleepless_in_IN
I have also sent the consent form today back to his office. I have explained the problem in details, like you but you have in much more details than I did. Good job. Lets hope something. I have decided that if his office comes back with standard answer like "Dallas is looking, they will enter....." and so on, I will revert back to his office again and I will not leave them till they solve our cases. Let us every one do the same.
Thanks

sleepless_in_IN said:
On the consent form it asks for the description of the problem and to use reverse side if necessary. So I printed the following letter on the reverse side of the consent form, I wanted to explain the problem best I could. I provided all real information on my case. But wrote on behalf of everyone (I don't have a spouce or kids). I am sharing with all of you so if you want to use it please free to do so. The more voices the better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Senator Evan Bayh:

<Company_Name> in <City>, Indiana, filed a RIR Labor Certification Application (LCA) for me in <Priority_Date>. This application had been pending with the State of Indiana Labor Office till January of 2005, when it was shipped to a central Backlog Elimination Center (BEC) in Dallas.

Per the official Federal DOL notice, Dallas BEC is supposed to process these cases in a “First In First Out” (FIFO) order by the priority dates (PD) assigned to each case at the State Level in the following manner:

I) Case is to be entered into their tracking/processing system
II) Each case is sent a “45-day” continuation letter (to confirm that case is still needed to be processed)
III) Once the “45-day letter” is sent back to the BEC with confirmation to continue, it is then to be processed.

However there are widely confirmed reports by the AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) that cases are not being processed in FIFO order. Cases with PDs in 2002 and 2003 are reportedly being adjudicated, while Indiana cases which have PDs in 2001 have yet to receive the “45-day” continuation letter without which our applications cannot be processed.

Prior to this, the processing dates per PD per State was widely publicly available on the DOL website, hence the DOL was aware of which States were most backlogged. However they did not start with the most backlogged cases as they promised, even though they have had them since January 2005.

Indiana is one of the most backlogged States processing cases with PD of April 2001 both in RIR and non-RIR categories. So for many cases in Indiana, individuals and their employers have been waiting for over four years for their LCA to be adjudicated. The LCA is the first step of three major steps towards legal permanent residency.

This major backlog for Indiana cases has been a personal hardship on many of us. Many of us cannot travel in and out of the US for fear of being rejected entry VISA on our way back in (my co-worker was stuck outside USA for background check for 6 months because of this problem). We cannot grow professionally nor can we contribute to our full potential to our employers due to these limitations. Our spouses and children cannot work or contribute to the US. Most of us are highly qualified and/or skilled individuals with advanced degrees from the Unites States or special skillets. All of us are tax-paying, law abiding individuals contributing towards Indiana’s economy in many ways from small business like foreign restaurants to large conglomerates.

Because of this unusual length of time it is taking for Indiana applications to be processed; over the last 3 to 4 years many individuals have moved to other States, where LCA processing is faster taking as little as 1-2 months or other countries such as Canada. Because at this time Indiana applications have no hope of being processed any time soon, many of us are seriously considering the same. This not only hurts our employers but also Indiana’s economy. Indiana has had a history of inability to retain degreed professionals and attract high tech industry and this is another reason which adds to this problem.

On behalf of all those people in Indiana in the same situation as my self, I kindly request that you look into Dallas BEC such that Indiana applications are processed fairly by PD.

Sincerely,
<Name & Signature>

I typed the same kind of letter(called it a blunt letter) send it to senator office last week, and same copy went to Dallas Bec, Only diffrence was my Attorney told me that it should be from Petetioner behalf, and employer kind to signed any thing.
When I fedex it the person who signed the letter name showed up as Mr. Williams, meaning a confirmrd receipt @ BEC.
I hope they will definetely come up wth some kind of answer or solution to fix ths problem and addressed those concerned raised.

Email to Senators.

Today, we three sent an email to both Senators, hope some one will help.

Thanks.

Good Job everyone

I think we are on the right track here to get any attention from BEC. We should continue this effort with no let up for any improvement in situation.Sleepless in Indiana is doing a good job.The letter he or she put together sums up the situation in a nut shell.Lets fight this thing out.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job Sleepless_in_IN

I sent the letter yesterday. I am going to tell my co-workers so that they can send too.

psjv said:
I think we are on the right track here to get any attention from BEC. We should continue this effort with no let up for any improvement in situatio.Indiana Victim is doing a good job.The letter he or she put together sums up the situation in a nut shell.Lets fight this thing out.....

Letter to Senator Bayh

All,
I've received consent letter from Senators office. Here is what Iam thinking to send along with the consent letter and 'sleepless in indiana's letter.Please take a look and let me know what you think.I'll look forward to your feedback..Thanks

sleepless_in_IN said:
psjv - looks good.

I got my case number from Dallas starting with a "D" and there are people who have 45 DL ALREADY which have case numbers entered after my case!!!! (determined from first 5 digits which tells you the day it was entered)

Supposedly "D" number means 45 DL should be sent out - WELL GUESS WHAT? It's WELL over a month per case entry date and NOTHING.

My atty says no 45 DL for Indiana SWA cases - could you guys check with your attys and see if they got any for any SWA case??

IndianaVictim - Any news from your side?

sleepless,

how did you get your case number ? I did not understand if you sent e-mail them or you asked your attorney to contact them ?

Can you tell us what was the date when your case number was assigned ?

Correct me if I am wrong, you have RIR case 2001 PD which never went to Regional ?

congrats

longwaythere

LongWayThere,

Did you first get your case # from the 7th year extension e-mail? or they just sent you the 45-day letter without you doing anything?

Thanks!

getinfo

No news from letter sent to Dallas BEC or senator's office.
My Attorney's office did confirm that they receive a 45-day letter on one swa case never made to regional from Dallas bec. Its not Indiana swa, won't give me more information.
Please post any new information if some one have

Consent Form sent to Senator Office

Today i have received consent form from senator Evan Bayh office, i have explained problem in the form and mailing it today. Thank you IndianaVictim and sleepless_in_IN for your efforts in getting attention to issue.

I hope this is good news but let me tell you my experience with Bayh. My employers approached Bayh 2 years ago for intervening with Replogle so that Indiana cases could move forwards. Bayh's office wrote a general letter to Replogle and Replogle's responce (Bayh forward me a copy of his responce) was Blah Blah Blah, we are doing the best we can. Sincerely. Nothing else was done. Hopefully this time it would be better.

Sincerely

sleepless_in_IN said:
See my replies in color.

I am answering your email here, cos the PM system says my reply is too long.

Hi sleepless_in_IN,

In the screenshot, which you got from Dallas BEC , what do you see in the "Case Source:" ? I am kind of confused because in mine I see "Region".

I was under impression that my case never went to Regional

sleepless_in_IN said:
State. Did you apply from indiana? What is your PD.

One guy on Dallas BEC forum, "WellWisher007", says s/he got "D" case number no 45 day letter and now his case his closed. I am worried cos my case number shows entry way back in May, and now it's July so it's been over a month and half!!!

sleepless,

I applyed from Michigan, My PD is 11/03. It is the same region Chicago.
I have no clue how my case got status region although I do not have RD date and 45 days letter. The case was entered around one week ago

Indiana SWA 45 letters received

I heard two of my collegues received there 45 letter, one on yesterday and one on the day before yesterday.
We all have PD 4/1/2002. I have not received mine yet.
All SWA cases, RIR, never made to regional.

Hello Sleepless and other folks
Atleast things are moving, I got the Case # from Dallas as a email screen shot that I attempted yesterday as I read people were attempting using the 7th year h1b extension email address.
Problems are its T 05175xxxxx, case source is state which is correct, employer and my name is correct, processing type is wrong as TR(mine is RIR)
Rest of all screen shots are empty like bussiness activity, occupation and others.
I am also going to forward that email/screen shot to my attorney so they can call and correct the processing type, also if they can sneak little more info from them.
I will keep u posted, Thanks for standing all togather to support out cause.

Hi IndianaVictim,

Can you tell me your Priority DATE???
I got a screen shot from Phily with all empty fields, except for few fields.
case status is Incomplete. Mine is SWA case with PD of July'2003
My case is T-05153-*****

My company got a couple 45-letters. PD is between Novebmer 2002 and October 2002. I have not gotten it yet and my PD is Sep 04 2002.
These are indy SWA cases and never made reginol. I will get more info about these cases in couple days.
I think DALLAS started to open indy SWA cases seriously.

rirlaborCT said:
Hi IndianaVictim,

Can you tell me your Priority DATE???
I got a screen shot from Phily with all empty fields, except for few fields.
case status is Incomplete. Mine is SWA case with PD of July'2003
My case is T-05153-*****

Number of cases entered with partial data?

This message is for IndianaVictim,

I would like to track how many cases are being entered in BEC every day with partial data?
My case was entered on 02-June-2005 with case num of T05153-51***

It looks like your case was entered on 24-June-2005 .
Can you please provide yr Priority date and 2 more digits after T05175??
This helps cases entered from 02-JUN-2005 to 24-JUN-2005

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.