Indian visa after us citizen

Indian Visa

I had sent in a copy, since I do not have my indian passport. I had applied for renewel couple years ago and they kept it. I am derivative asylee.
I believe they will not issue OCI to asylee or derviatives, because for that you need to have cancelled passport or renounciation certificate. Asylee or derviative asylee does not get that, only indian visa on US passport.
Thats my understanding from this whole process.
Has anyone been denied Indian visa on us passport by NY Consulate? or any other in recent months?

Why can't a derivative asylee apply for OCI? I have an expired passport and I'll apply for a renunciation certificate. What would be the problem with that?

A friend of mine (a former asy)'s Indian visa application was recently denied by their consulate in San Francisco..... He didnt have his old national passport from that country as he did EWI when he had applied for asy.....

What's EWI? I have my old passport. It has no asylum stamps in it, though it did expire in 2005. I won't have to show my GC once I get my citizenship, so really, no sign of asylum.

I see. Well, if my passport doesn't have an asylum stamp and I don't show my GC, the Indian consulate won't know that I was an asylee, right?

Star 215, can you plz share your experience in details, if you sent in copy of renoun. certificate or not and just a copy of passport without the original I believe.

hi..I am in same shoe as u were little while ago...first of all congratulation...I became US citizen in july and applied for Indian entry visa for 1 yr.I submitted my surrender certificate with old indian passports stampled.I am also derivative asylee..Is there anything that they are refusing visas to derivative asylee. I applied on july 21 and still waiting.Please advise. did you give them your green card copy since its one of their requirement.?How long did it take you to get a visa all in days? Please anyone who has answers to my questions can simply reply to link...thanks

Indian Visa / Card for Asylee

My wife came to US on Visitor visa, she got her asylum in 01 and now she is citizen. We went to SFO for her PIO card and certi. of surrenter the citizenship of india. SFO couns. ask for her copy of GC and that had categorty A6. (She does not have Old indian passport, her document was missing in process of asylum) they denied her PIO card and just took the renouciation app for indian citizenship. While they took her application, the girl in fron wrote A6 on her application.
Now, How she can visit india(after 13 yrs), do we have to get her visa or card, what are the options we have.
(Our visit to SFO was just last week and we dont have any paper back from them as Certi. )

Please Help, we were planning to visit in Oct :(

Did you applied with outsourcing agency of SFO or main office? the person incharge told me that it will take 3 to4 months for my wife to get the visa and she can not apply for the PIO card. guy was real 'babusaab' of indian govt. office. I am not sure about the process coz the out sourcing agenvy website stating that any one became US citizen before June 1st 2010 do not need surrender certificate(my wife became in Feb10) and main SFO website is asking for surrender certificate as MUST. :(
Whats your situation, which city you are in?

i did apply at oursourcing but next day went to main office.where did you go? that high official personal was at main office or outsourcing. Was he Indian? cuz outsourcing just a processing private compnay doing job for indian embassy. so they told you specific time 3-4 months which is good.they even didnt tell me anything officer went like it could take 2 days 2 weeks or 10 months.Also do they know your wife is A6 status.?

twinkle twinkle, are you saying there's a stamp in your passport saying you applied for asylum? My passport has no such stamp.

no stamp of cancellation i mean surrendering.but i did give them my green card i dont know if its a mistake or what.but this issue is already in rajay sabha and approved by MP of rajaya sabha that relatives or childerns kin of political asylum can visit their home country after background check.

Last edited by a moderator:
did they know you are asylee or it was over looked thats my only question? cuz i have provided my green card copy innocently which is so unfair that now i have to suffer for this.any suggestions. did you provided them any proof of asylum?