Indian Passport Renewal

dealser333

I am an AS8 derivative asylee (now 23 years old). My father applied for an asylum and I have had a green card since 2005. I want to visit India but my Indian passport is now expired. Can I apply for the renewal of my Indian Passport? Would there be any significant problem? Should I do it in person or by mail (I can go personally to San Francisco)? Please advice. Many Thanks.

apply by mail

yes u can apply by mail they will issue for I year just do not tell them ur asylum status even your as8 category it takes only a week

I don't think this will work. You need to send copy of legal status, your GC in this case. The code will tell them that you are an asylee.

Indeed, it will not work. They ask for proof of legal status in the United States and when you share a copy of your GC, they will instantly deny you a visa.

I mean, deny you a passport. In fact, it will lead them to place a notice on your records. Best not to apply for an Indian passport. Wait until you become a US citizen to visit India.

Hi dealser333, do you have any update on this? I am also in the same boat. I will highly appreciate your reply.

Thanks....