*** In Our Litigation, Court Finds Govts' Language Inappropriate ***

gc quota ....

hrithikroshan11 said:
Whoa, california surprises again. the dates in california have moved to feb 23, 2004 while other service centers are still stuck in 2002 and 2003. what will happen once the gc quota runs out?

Does anyone knows what the quota is?, and what's the percentage for India, China, etc?

hrithikroshan11 said:
People wrote actively to senators and raised concerns with immigration officials in california. Maybe this has helped their cause.

That is a good idea. Should we start some campaigns similar to those. I am sure there are many affected folks from NSC and TSC that necessitates this. Also, there is now a clear cut path that can be referred based on CSC's success.

Any ideas

srireddy said:
That is a good idea. Should we start some campaigns similar to those. I am sure there are many affected folks from NSC and TSC that necessitates this. Also, there is now a clear cut path that can be referred based on CSC's success.

Any ideas

Join the campaign started by 'rajum' in VSC forum.

Case..

It seems like our judge on the case has too gone into the "being late" syndrome. Wonder what is going on......

srireddy said:
The farmers in Nebraska and the cowboys in TX are the ones who are stuck in 2002. They need to do something, I am sure USCIS is gonna look at them as a bunch of losers....

What did CSC did that these centers can't follow????
Well srireddy,

You also need to keep in mind that california is also one of the most leberal states in the US and they (people / congressman / Arnold) seem to have a very favorable stand on immigration and it surel seems like they are working on bettering the system and the results speaks volumes.

Your class action was received some time a year ago. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 990 and 999 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

:rolleyes:

longuito said:
Your class action was received some time a year ago. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 990 and 999 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

:rolleyes:

hi lonquito, are you kidding??? Did you really get the update above for you 485 from online status?

The lawsuit becomes invalid, just kidding. When is the judge going to make his decision? Talk about improving the processing speeds, and the judge is taking two months to decide whether to accept the class lawsuit or not.

No of Visas available: Guestimates

PB74,

As per Visa Bulletin, this is the logic for No of Visa available for each country.

"Section 201 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) sets an annual minimum family-sponsored preference limit of 226,000. The worldwide level for annual employment-based preference immigrants is at least 140,000. Section 202 prescribes that the per-country limit for preference immigrants is set at 7% of the total annual family-sponsored and employment-based preference limits, i.e., 25,620. The dependent area limit is set at 2%, or 7,320
"

Pl. go to http://travel.his.com/visa/frvi_bulletincurrent.html for details.

Per AC21, if the visa is not used by particular country then it can allocated to the country which reached the limit(usually India, China, Mexico,...). Due to this per country limit became meaningless.

Sanvibha said:
PB74,

As per Visa Bulletin, this is the logic for No of Visa available for each country.

"Section 201 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) sets an annual minimum family-sponsored preference limit of 226,000. The worldwide level for annual employment-based preference immigrants is at least 140,000. Section 202 prescribes that the per-country limit for preference immigrants is set at 7% of the total annual family-sponsored and employment-based preference limits, i.e., 25,620. The dependent area limit is set at 2%, or 7,320
"

Pl. go to http://travel.his.com/visa/frvi_bulletincurrent.html for details.

Sustained campaign is important to achieve our goal. We all just rely on Rajiv's effort. Let's plan for some co-ordinated campaigns. Any volunteers to start such initiative?
(obviously I'll join you to meet Congressperson, It would be better if such initiatives are started by sufferers than by outsiders or representative of sufferers)

hrithikroshan11 said:
The californians did a sustained campaign, they attended town hall meetings, contacted senators and what not. How do people in east coast attend such meetings? The awareness of slow processing at VSC, NSC and TSC needs to be highlighted.

If California can do it, why cant other service centers? Only few months ago, california was processing Jan 2002 and now they are doing Feb 2004. The VSC and other service centers should take a leaf from the CSC before it is too late and the visa numbers run out.

srireddy said:
hi lonquito, are you kidding??? Did you really get the update above for you 485 from online status?

Yes and No,

Yes, I am kidding about the class action suit sleeping in a judge's drawer, and

No, this the message I get from my case for the last 2 years, that is also sleeping in somebodies drawer. (hopefully, they did not loose it, burn it, or gone to the toilet with it). I have not received even a FP notice.

It is obvious - it is Christmas time and judge might have gone on vacation. Hope next year we hear something. We can say Judge took an year to decide on the case ha ha ha!!!

Brij523 said:
It is obvious - it is Christmas time and judge might have gone on vacation. Hope next year we hear something. We can say Judge took an year to decide on the case ha ha ha!!!
Well then lets wait until next year for the update :)