*** In Our Litigation, Court Finds Govts' Language Inappropriate ***

Is this true???

How does it impact the litigation?

Kashish

Source http://www.immigration-law.com/

USCIS Terminated Controversial I-140/I-485 Concurrent "Adjudication" Policy

AILA has reported that the USCIS issued a memorandum to the Service Centers to terminate the concurrent adjudication of I-140 and I-485 application practice immediately. This is a wonderful news in a number of respects, particularly for the customers of Nebraska Service Center and Texas Service Center which have been adhering to the concurrent adjudication policy unlike VSC and CSC. Firstly, the adjudication of I-140 petition will start moving on as they are now freed from the state of hostage from concurrently filed I-485 application processings. Secondly, since it has decided to adjudicate I-140 independently as separate from the concurrently filed I-485 applications, people may witness some improvement in I-140 processing times, helping those who need to change employment under AC 21 180-day rule. Unless the concurrent adjudication policy is cancelled, those Indians, Chinse, and Philippines professionals who filed the concurrent I-140 and I-485 packet and their I-140 petition remain unadjudicated as of the end of December 30, 2004, would have experienced a nightmare for not being able to change employment even under the compelling circumstances. In this regard, this is particularly important for the Indians, Chinese, and Philippines nationals who will face EB-3 visa number retrogression on January 1, 2005 in that they have a better chance to survive in the green card journey.

Caveat: This policy change does not change its current policy of "concurrent I-140/I-485 filing" which will continue unless it is changed in the future.

While awaiting the Verdict...

Rajeev,

I am a novice in the legal affairs here in US, but does it take that long for a judge to give a verdict on class action? Can we file a petition etc with teh honorable court and invite their due attention on this important problem? I think there has to be a way....but you know better.

Thanks and as usual, we greatly appreciate you doing this.

Cheers,

Eagerly expecting the outcome of class action decision. I'm really surprised about the delay in the judgement.

Edison,

What about those I-140 petitions? Never heard about the follow up.

Is it possible that immigrationportal comminity can communicate with different service centers and try to get the update information periodly like how they follow the new procedures, etc. so people could at lease have some glimpse of what they are doing now instead of reading the processing time which has been the same in more than half year.

Dear Rajiv,
is there any progress being made on the litigation? Thank you for you effort.

kstha

Dear Forum,

me and my family's I-485 is approved as per on line case status on 1/28/05. No RFE. Following is my details:

RD I-485: 6/5/03- filed after 140 approval on april 27 2003
FP: 4/8/04
AD: 1/28/05

it has been a long painful wait. I undestand the pain. It still hurts thinking of you all. I thank you all from bottom of my heart for all the support i have got from this forum. All my prayers and wishes for every one on this forum and those not in this forum

kstha

Last edited by a moderator:
Will somebody please ban sevenka and delete her posts?

What is happening? Wasn't the decision on class certification expected way back in December of last year?

Whats going on ..

Friends...
Any update on lawsuit ?
Looks like they have PD for lawsuit also.