*** In Our Litigation, Court Finds Govts' Language Inappropriate ***

And this is related to immigration because???... this is not a yahoo newsgroup and please don't make it one. Tomorrow someone may post result of scott peterson case :(

abzy2004 said:
And this is related to immigration because???... this is not a yahoo newsgroup and please don't make it one. Tomorrow someone may post result of scott peterson case :(

I think the reason the link was posted is because the judge ruling is the same judge as our case, in roughly similar circumstances -- big govt. agency versus affected people. Interesting because this at least shows that the juedge is ready to rule against govt. in some circumstances...

Sucks

I thought this might be a case why these delays are causing hardships. My wife(my dependant) has applied for a medical residency position with an EAD. They were interested in interviewing her but they decided not to because she does not have a Green Card and they need some clearance. I have appended their response below. I dont know if Rajiv thinks that this would be a good case for showing hardships. I can forward the entire email interactions if you need.

======================================================Dear Dr. X,
It looks like my residency coordinator hasn't had a chance yet to send a
follow-up email. Unfortunately with the timing of when you expect your
Green Card, we will not be able to offer you an interview. Applicants often
experience delays in receiving the Green Card and, as we must start the
security clearance process for the Air Force immediately after Match Day,
you would not be eligible at that time. Should you happen to get your Green
Card before mid-January, I'll be happy to take another look at your
application then.
Sincerely,
Dr. Y

Jeez

coolchap said:
I thought this might be a case why these delays are causing hardships. My wife(my dependant) has applied for a medical residency position with an EAD. They were interested in interviewing her but they decided not to because she does not have a Green Card and they need some clearance. I have appended their response below. I dont know if Rajiv thinks that this would be a good case for showing hardships. I can forward the entire email interactions if you need.

======================================================Dear Dr. X,
It looks like my residency coordinator hasn't had a chance yet to send a
follow-up email. Unfortunately with the timing of when you expect your
Green Card, we will not be able to offer you an interview. Applicants often
experience delays in receiving the Green Card and, as we must start the
security clearance process for the Air Force immediately after Match Day,
you would not be eligible at that time. Should you happen to get your Green
application then.
Sincerely,
Dr. Y

Sorry about this nonsense all of you guys are going through one way or another. It is too early for us think of the next step. Still waiting for the court.

Don't wait until 12/15 for FP2. Do a walk in.

coolchap said:
I thought this might be a case why these delays are causing hardships. My wife(my dependant) has applied for a medical residency position with an EAD. They were interested in interviewing her but they decided not to because she does not have a Green Card and they need some clearance.[...] Should you happen to get your Green
application then.

See if you can get your FP2 done in advance as a walk in. There are many posts referring to people doing just that in this forum, do a search. The reason is that *apparently* FP2 sometimes triggers approval in 4-8 weeks (or so many people in the forum think). If you do a walk in this week or next, *and you are lucky*, your wife might make her employer's deadline. It's probably the only part of this process that you can do something about.

abzy2004,jjsxbr

the posting by Groan has everything to do with our case.
It is the same judge that is ruling our case.

The general tendancy of a judge will give us a clue on
what his approach will be regarding our case.

In the past , he has always ruled against president Bush.

In our case he might support us instead of the government, since he has a history of supporting the cause of civil rights of minorities.

Wow- Amesty for Illegal Immigrants!!!!

Gentlemen,

The leaders of the free world are now planning to provide amesty to illegal immigrants in the US.

Check out this article...

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20041110-123424-5467r.htm

Now what more can we say.......what looked to be a distant possibility, now seems to be very close to reality.

If this goes through..guess what, there will be more workload at the service centers, more delays, and the main sufferers will be us. Yes thats right...the honest immigrant community who are trying to make a life in this wonderful country by seeking the legal channels, which is the most correct way to go.

Rajeev, can this help us in our case??? Atleast we need to get some relief in terms of AC21 etc so that we become safe........or then should we land into trouble with our legal status, we could become illegal and make use of the possible amenesty :)))

Some food for thought.....surely!

I just hope the judge is seeing all this and gives teh verdict in our favor!

i know

GCchahtahun said:
Gentlemen,

The leaders of the free world are now planning to provide amesty to illegal immigrants in the US.

Now what more can we say.......what looked to be a distant possibility, now seems to be very close to reality.

If this goes through..guess what, there will be more workload at the service centers, more delays, and the main sufferers will be us. Yes thats right...the honest immigrant community who are trying to make a life in this wonderful country by seeking the legal channels, which is the most correct way to go.

Rajeev, can this help us in our case??? Atleast we need to get some relief in terms of AC21 etc so that we become safe........or then should we land into trouble with our legal status, we could become illegal and make use of the possible amenesty :)))

This does not help us. But the govt. could now have another excuse for delays.

Infact, Amnesty bill (245(i) ) is one of the main reason for all the immigration benefit backlogs. So if the goverment implements another amnesty without having plan to handle the workload of CIS then situation will become worser than it is today.

The suspense is killing. I hope the judge is going to present a Deewali gift to us :) (tomorrow is "Deewali" festival for indians)

GCchahtahun said:
Gentlemen,

We will never be illigel if we legally come to U.S. We will be out of status and pending to be removed!

Bobby Jindal - Senator Elect from Luisiana

Though a republican, Bobby's parents are from India. Today on NPR, I heard him saying that he wants everyone to get the opportunity that he got of pursuing American Dream.

Don't you guys think that we should write to him about the immigration issues that we are facing - huge immigration and labor backlogs and how we on H1 get some relief.

pb74 said:
15,000 people working on 3.8 million cases. I guess pat on the back is the only incentive for these guys for work.

Yes Pb74,

Just FOR the sake of it lets do some math here:

1. There are 15000 people working in the INS and as per latest news about 3.2 million cases are pending.

2. Assuming that 5000 out of 15000 are senior personnel (they are the saab log) and will not work with the cases directly. That leaves us with 10000 people and 3.2 million cases.

3. 10000 people and 3.2 million cases equates to 320 cases per person.

4. Therefore if USCIS wishes to complete teh backlog by end of 2005 say each employee would have to work on 320 cases and complete them in 13 months.

5. That means 320 cases in 13 months. i.e. less than 25 cases per emloyee per month.

6. i.e. JUST OVER 1 CASE PER DAY PER EMPLOYEE. (Assuming holidays etc in a month).

AND INSPITE OF THE ABOVE WE SEE DELAYS DELAYS AND DELAYS!!!!

hOPE THE JUDGE IS SEEING THIS!!

Ciao and have a safe weekend!

I wish I prove my self wrong. After losing Governor race around year ago, Bobby started looking other way whenever he saw or met Indians. Therefore, I will suggest be careful, before you all approach him for immigration difficulties.

Why and how I know all this ? Very simple, I live in the same town Booby got elected for Congress. I met many Indian after Bobby was defeated by Kathleen Blanco in Louisiana Governor race. Bobby even didn’t have courtesy to Congratulate Kathy in public, privately he did as per Kathleen admission in TV.

Thanks

KP