important

soccer203

Registered Users (C)
i ma here out of status and my girl and i have decidec to get married...now she lives with her family and i live with my family friends...so we cant afford to live 2gether and she doesnt have a job (she s a student)...so is it gonna b very hard to get it all done? and i dont even have to mention how we love each other...

Is your girl an US Citizen?

What status were you in, before you "fell out of it"?

You two will need to live together if you get married and find a co-sponsor for your I-864.

Do you live in the same state? If so, this would be an immediate red flag and I doubt you would be able to provide a valid reason for living apart.

yeah we do live in the same state...is money a good reason?there is no room for her in apt where i live and there is no room 4 me in her apt... but we cant afford to live 2gether

well, if you can't afford to live together, you can't afford to be married and have a real adult life. That includes applying for AOS.

and if we say we ll do it everything good after i get a work permit after like 4months?cause i d be the one who supports us...

If she doesnt make enough to support you anyone who is over 18 and a citizen/legal permanent resident can be your co-sponsor.And as far as the living together situation,either move in together or tell them you live together(I wouldn't advise this).You dont have alot of options,but if they find out you lied to them thats an automatic denial.If you file using different addresses there is a good chance you would get denied,but people HAVE been approved while living at different addresses.Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
If she doesnt make enough to support you anyone who is over 18 and a citizen/legal permanent resident can be your co-sponsor.And as far as the living together situation,either move in together or tell them you live together(I wouldn't advise this).You dont have alot of options,but if they find out you lied to them thats an automatic denial.If you file using different addresses there is a good chance you would get denied,but people HAVE been approved while living at different addresses.Good luck!

If you do not advise it why are you mentioning it? :rolleyes:

Lying to USCIS is the worst you can do.

If you get married, you must consummate the marriage and live together. Unless prevent by major causes (such as, you work in one state, she works in another, see each other on weekends). Otherwise, what are you thinking? marrying just for immigration? and living apart? an IO will see right through this.

just had an epiphany...

First off let me say I completely agree with LucyMo's post and based Soccer203's response it appears that the shoe just might fit.

I just realized that my hussy and I actaully had 2 different "homes" after we got married. I think at that time I had about 2-3 months left on my lease. Although he was either at my place or I at his, technically I still had my place with my permanent stuff there (furniture, etc.)and he still had his.

Okay, so let me assume that Soccer just needs a push start in life to provide a home for himself and his to be wife-well a valid work permit can definitely do that. I would have to say if the separate living situation is based on a temporary situation (emphasis on the word temporary) then yes it's possible to have 2 different "homes". But then again, people seem to be getting interviews within months and waiting forever for their EAD so I don't know if the time line will work. If you are in this "temporary" situation for your interview or even close to the date of....not good.

But if you didn't have that plan in mind Soccer- well that kinda leads back to Lucy's post. It looks like you may need to really think about a few things before you decide on saying "I do".

Last edited by a moderator:
To the original poster,regardless of what anyone on here says,it can be done.I personally know a couple that went through this while living seperately and guess what,he got his green card:eek: But if I were you I wouldn't risk it.How about waiting until your girlfriend gets a job and can get an appartment.It's better to wait until you are fully prepared when it comes to this matter.But if you want to go ahead and take a huge risk by lying about where you live,be prepared.There are countless people that have done and continue to do this,and get away with it...Now I know a certain someone is going to have something to say about that.Informing someone of an option(good or bad),and telling them they should do aparticular thing(advising),is too completely different things:) Soccer203 Once again good luck with whatever you decide to do !

but if i cant show them the same addres as my girls on an iD what prevents me to tell them we live 2gether?are they gonna check us?oh btw making love to her is amazing...lol

but if i cant show them the same addres as my girls on an iD what prevents me to tell them we live 2gether?are they gonna check us?oh btw making love to her is amazing...lol

Really? good for you? did you know USCIS bans sex outside of wedlock?! :eek: you are toast! no green card for you.... :rolleyes:

As fas as how will USCIS know that you do not live together... it is not their job to prove that you don't live together... it is YOUR job to PROVE that you two DO live together. By providing with a joint lease, utility bills in both of your names, driver licenses with the same address, mail sent to both of you at the same address and such... and again, lying to USCIS is the worst thing you can do.

but if i cant show them the same addres as my girls on an iD what prevents me to tell them we live 2gether?
They separately interview you about various things in your life, home, how and where you met, etc. If you both don't give the same or similar answers, you are likely to get denied.

If the two of you are going to make this work, she needs to quit studying for now (or change to part time) and get a full time job. Then you can get married, move in together, apply for the green card, and once you get a work permit (did you graduate from the college/university you went to for F1 studies?) you can get a job and support her while she goes back to school full time.

Get correspondence in both of your names,
Church bulletin with both names,
Car Title with both names,
Apartment/House lease with both names,
etc.

Some of the things I did, without SSN or credit.