Illinois SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wont need much except company's phone number as given in your app and confidence :)
Good luck!
radosavd1 said:
Thanx for the number...will try it asap. Also, what other info I would have to have on hand when calling?
I dont have the case number, only complete copy of part B of labor application and attorneys e-mail saying they mailed out my labor on aug 10th, 2004 ..... I dont have access to a copy of employers part of labor app and I assume they will continue to keep it well under wraps...
Will give it a try anyway...

Hi NYLABOR,
How did you know that your file is moved to Fedral. Even I applied in Feb last week. So I would like to follow your procedure to findout whether my case is moved to fedral.

Thanks,
-Ven.

nylabor said:
All,

My SESA has been cleared and i am moving to the next big step..

My case was filed on Feb 26 04, but till now i havent received any confirmation # either from my lawyer or from SESA. So guys i was told that Illinoi SESA does not provide the case # until they process your case. Anyway good luck, see you all at Regional Forum

Good Luck to All waiting for the SESA.

Hi Ven

Ven,

I got a notice from my lawyer stating that my case has moved to federal. Talk to ur lawyer asap, or else try calling IL SESA.

Daggupati said:
Hi NYLABOR,
How did you know that your file is moved to Fedral. Even I applied in Feb last week. So I would like to follow your procedure to findout whether my case is moved to fedral.

Thanks,
-Ven.

I called IL SESA on 18th OCT 2004

There are 4 applications from my company in IL SESA. The operator says all the 4 applications are assigned to Analyst.

1) RD date 01/27/2004
2) RD date 01/30/2004
3) RD date 02/02/2004
4) RD date 02/07/2004

Approvals --Pending

Any reason for pending? Are you working for a big company?
Krishna2004 said:
I called IL SESA on 18th OCT 2004

There are 4 applications from my company in IL SESA. The operator says all the 4 applications are assigned to Analyst.

1) RD date 01/27/2004
2) RD date 01/30/2004
3) RD date 02/02/2004
4) RD date 02/07/2004

Approvals --Pending

news

DOL National Processing Centers and Backlog Elimination Centers Operation Guidance

AILA has released the DOL Memo of September 29, 2004 to give guidance to the State labor certification offices (SWA) on the changes of operation of permanent labor certification application in connection with the launch and operation of the Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC) in Philadelphia and Dallas and the National Processing Centers (NPC) for the PERM in Chicago and Atlanta. The Memo indicates that the BEC has gone into operation since the beginning of the FY 2005, October 1, 2004, and the NPC will go into operation by the end of the year, December 31, 2004. The Memo indicates that these new national processing system of the permanent labor certification applications will be in place regardless of the PERM Program which is currently stalled at the White House for the OMB Review.
Timeline-Cutoff Date: (1) If the PERM regulation is released by the White House and published by the DOL, the current labor certification system including RIR will be ceased "60 day" from the date of the release of the regulation. Should this happen, the labor departments will not accept old labor certification applications and the state offices will be phased out when it comes to processing of the permanent labor certification applications from the date. This timeline implies that assuming that the PERM regulation will be released right after the national election, unless the employers are ready to file RIR applications within the next two months or so after completing the recruitment, it will be too late for them to file the applications under the labor certification system. (2) If the PERM regulation collapses due to the disagreement by the White House, the DOL will continue to operate the permanent labor certification system under the existing rule but under the completely different processing system as follows. The cut-off date is January 1, 2005.
New Permanent Labor Certification Processing System: Permanent labor certification will be totally converted into a "national processing" system effective January 1, 2005 and the state offices will be phased out as of January 1, 2005 in a manner which is described below. Conversion into the national processing system will bring about a steeper change than the simple change of processing agency in that the permanent labor certification applications will be processed under the "uniform" national queue regardless of the locations and under the rule of the "FIFO" ( First In First Out) regardless of the locations. Accordingly, the NPCs and BECs will process the cases in the order of the priority date of each application no matter where the case was filed. This change will result in some big consequencesto the labor certification waiters: The oldest backlog cases will be processed first regardless of the locations. This inevitably forces the DOL (NPC and BEC) to focus on the cases which are pending in certain locations such as San Francisco and big 10 states where there are a huge number of backlog cases going back to years and years. The big losers will be people in those states who enjoyed prompt processing until now (mostly small states) such as New Hemphshire, Vermont, Maine, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, etc. Since the labor certification will be processed under a uniform "national" processing schedule on a FIFO basis, the people in these states will witness negative changes in the processing times.
Processing Changes and Timelines: The current Regions and State Offices will be gradually phased out as follows:
The State offices will cease to take a new permanent labor certification applications effective January 1, 2005 regardless of the PERM program.
Until January 1, 2005, the State Offices will take new cases under the existing labor certification regulation.
If the State Offices complete processing of certain cases and are ready for forwarding to the current Regional Offices for certification before the end of the year, they are required to forward the completed cases to the current Regional Certifying Officers as they did it in the past.
If the State Offices opened the cases but were unable to complete processing of the opened cases by December 31, 2004, they are required to continue and complete processing of such cases and forward such cases for certification not to the Regional Certifying Officer but to one of the NPC in Chicago or Atlanta.
If the State Offices have cases which were received but unopened or processed, such cases are required to be transferred to the BECs in Philadelphia and Dallas under the following schedules:
10/1/04: Large number of oldest cases will be transferred to the BEC from San Francisco.
Early October - End of October 2004: The oldest cases from other Regions and States will be transferred to the BEC.
January - March 2005: Rest of the backlog cases will be transferred to the BEC (Philadelphia, Dallas) or the Regional Offices in New York, Boston, San Francisco.
Under the schedules, only "unopened" cases are allowed to be transferred to the BEC. Consequently, "opened" cases will be kept being processed by the State Offices even after March 2005.
The new system is equitable and admirable in the sense that it totally eliminates inequity and unfairness that have existed until now depending on where an immigrant goes through the labor certification process. It will, however, be taken by some people in certain states as a shock. Life changes.

How do we know if our file moved to Chicago DOL.

My Labor was filed with Illinois state on January 25th and right now IL SESA is processing Feb 20 th cases. So i was assuming my case might have been cleared and trasferred to Chicago DOL. I contactwed my lawyer and she says she did not hear anything from them yet and replies as beloe.

"We do not hear from the IL Dept of Labor Certification until 1 month before they are ready to process an application.Then we hear nothing until the Approval comes back from the Regional Office in Chicago.

On ur case it could be any of the following - they are ready to process - are now processing - have completed processing"

What could have been the state of my case.Is it true that if it successfully moves to Chicago DOL we wont hear anything for one month from them.
Please let me know is there anyway to find the status of my case.

Thanks

Il Sesa Pd - 03/02/2004

My application PD is March 2nd. At that time my lawyer told me that they didn't receive any letter or receipt notice from SESA. But he gave me the Case# 551XX.

Has any one got any update from SESA, who applied during March first week?

Thanks

Il Pd 5/28

My application was submitted with a PD of 5/28, doesn that mean it definitely will go to NPC ?
Looks like it can't be finished before end of this year!

Thanks for updating everyone on this.This is good news that they are moving unlike Chicago DOL which is stuck for the last so many months.Do we have any idea if the cases that are cleared from SESA would go to DOL or NPC ?? My received date at SESA is 5/15

Illinois State Labor

On April 1, 04, I recd. file no. and priority date(Sept, 2003) from IDES. No more communication after that, neither from IDES nor from Chicago Regional office. Does it mean my State Labor is cleared? Any ideas/phone nos. to find out the status of State labor please ?
thanks

My receipt date April 24th at Illinois SESA.
What happens if my STATE wont clears by Jan 1st 2005.
If it clears what happens does it goes to "Backlog Elimination Centers " Or "DOL National Processing Centers".

If any one have any idea please post.

I think at this moment nobody knows what exactly is going to happen. I am in the same boat as yours.
Just relax.. its like one of those roller-coasters.. once you sit in one, you ride with it through its unexpected ups and downs.

vjkiran said:
If it clears what happens does it goes to "Backlog Elimination Centers " Or "DOL National Processing Centers".

vjkiran said:

If SWA "open" your file then they will transfer to NPC as per my knowladge.

Thanks MBMISC and JAMS99 , when did you guys filed at IL SESA.
I mean what is your receipt dates.

vjkiran said:
Thanks MBMISC and JAMS99 , when did you guys filed at IL SESA.
I mean what is your receipt dates.

I dont have any recepit date ,but my atorny submitted my Application on 10/15/2004.you have any update about that dates?

Status
Not open for further replies.