IL Finally Received

hey vorpal,
i am sure i don't need to tell you this, but you need to take your fiancee out tonight and celebrate. maybe a beer or two...or three...then come back home, sit down and help me figure out the nicest (still affordable) place in long island for us to move to. you know, since we're tied by USCIS now, you know, you have to help e-pals in need
:)

hey vorpal,
i am sure i don't need to tell you this, but you need to take your fiancee out tonight and celebrate. maybe a beer or two...or three...then come back home, sit down and help me figure out the nicest (still affordable) place in long island for us to move to. you know, since we're tied by USCIS now, you know, you have to help e-pals in need
:)

Actually, my fiancee made reservations at some fancy French place a couple of weeks ago. This is her birthday treat for me, since my official birthday celebration next week involves a bar and about 30 guests. It'll be a drunkfest!

A nicest, yet still affordable place on LI? Are you looking at Suffolk or Nassau county?

Congrats Vorpal. You shouldn't have been subjected to this long wait in the first place, and I'm glad you got something.

I think your active pursuit of this has lead to someone realizing your case was indeed out of processing time and it contacting everyone has helped your case. It really didn't make sense to have an applicant who has cleared all the checks sitting in line for an interview behind others that applied after him.

Hope you get your wish of going on your honeymoon as a US citizen.

vorpal,
we're looking at suffolk. so far we have liked kings park and smithtown (school districts and affordability, and fact that chances for gangs are low). :) just so freaking scared to say ok this is the town and this is the house. plus, the fact that our house hasn't sold yet does not help but we will try the two mortgages for a few months hoping that we won't hit poverty that fast.

Thanks guys. Another member of the NYC thread got his IL yesterday, and his PD is 8/24/08. That leads me to believe that my letter-writing campaign had little to do with it. I think that NYC has finally gotten over the July hump, that's all.

vlorak, Suffolk has plenty of nice areas and it's definitely less expensive than some parts of Nassau, probably due to the fact that it's further away from the city. Huntington and Famingdale are another couple of towns you should check into. Both are right on the border of Nassau and Suffolk and are very decent areas.

Thanks guys. Another member of the NYC thread got his IL yesterday, and his PD is 8/24/08. That leads me to believe that my letter-writing campaign had little to do with it. I think that NYC has finally gotten over the July hump, that's all.

vlorak, Suffolk has plenty of nice areas and it's definitely less expensive than some parts of Nassau, probably due to the fact that it's further away from the city. Huntington and Famingdale are another couple of towns you should check into. Both are right on the border of Nassau and Suffolk and are very decent areas.

Vorpal, I just refuse to believe that you to have received the response from VP and then right away receiving IL is/was just a coincident...It's just too good for ME to believe on this kinda coincident given the timeline of both happening and particulary when I have seen more than once how the response from all these "mighty" folks makes a difference...

As for another New Yorker to have recently received IL then it isn't a surprise since there have always been one or two applicants on this forum from NY who receive IL here and there...So, I don't connect other people's situation to yours when it comes to receiving IL...But again, it's just my gut feeling and experience...

Huntington in Long Island is a nice place. I grew up there...

Vorpal, I just refuse to believe that you to have received the response from VP and then right away receiving IL is/was just a coincident...It's just too good for ME to believe on this kinda coincident given the timeline of both happening and particulary when I have seen more than once how the response from all these "mighty" folks makes a difference...

As for another New Yorker to have recently received IL then it isn't a surprise since there have always been one or two applicants on this forum from NY who receive IL here and there...So, I don't connect other people's situation to yours when it comes to receiving IL...But again, it's just my gut feeling and experience...

Huntington in Long Island is a nice place. I grew up there...

Maybe it's just the cynic in me that's having a hard time believing that the government actually worked in favor of the little guy. Based on your experience, however, I will take your word for it. I'm still in disbelief that my IL actually arrived. I actually took it out of my natz file this morning, just to make sure that I didn't dream the whole thing up. :eek:

Huntington is a very nice place. A close friend of mine grew up there. Have you ever been up on Jane's Hill?

Vorpal, I am not fluent in your native language. I can try translate "congratulations" for you. I hope you can read my translation. heh.

Без перевода!

Is my translation correct? :)

ok
huntington it is...thanks guys.
vorpal, do you think you'll be able to vote this year? and why doesn't NY have same day oaths? doesn't that create a backlog for people waiting on Oaths? hey but at least you got your IL.
man, i am wondering why my passport is different than hubby's. mine has a king of looking chip ikon on the front cover. i can't wait to travel with me. me thinks i will love staying overnight in either vienna or zurich WITHOUT having to get a visa. soo cool

Vorpal, I am not fluent in your native language. I can try translate "congratulations" for you. I hope you can read my translation. heh.

Без перевода!

Is my translation correct? :)

Thanks USGC485! Your translation actually means "without translation", but I appreciate the gesture! See Bobsmyth's post in this thread for the correct translation.:)

ok
huntington it is...thanks guys.
vorpal, do you think you'll be able to vote this year? and why doesn't NY have same day oaths? doesn't that create a backlog for people waiting on Oaths? hey but at least you got your IL.
man, i am wondering why my passport is different than hubby's. mine has a king of looking chip ikon on the front cover. i can't wait to travel with me. me thinks i will love staying overnight in either vienna or zurich WITHOUT having to get a visa. soo cool

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to vote this year. NYC schedules oaths about 3-4 weeks after the interview, so that gives me plenty of time to register to vote. Truthfully, I'm more concerned with having my oath prior to my wedding, since I'm changing my last name and my fiancee is hyphenating hers. Maybe I'll get a hot female IO and flirt with her a little so she'd schedule my oath as early as possible! (Inside joke referring "Craig Ferguson takes the citizenship test... " thread):D

Congratulations to Vorpal. Finally your time has come. Hopefully you get your oath the same day and get this waiting game over. Congratulations.
Finally - an irrelevant or relevant question depending on perspective - any yummy russian recipes or a web site link on russian recipes.

Congratulations to Vorpal. Finally your time has come. Hopefully you get your oath the same day and get this waiting game over. Congratulations.
Finally - an irrelevant or relevant question depending on perspective - any yummy russian recipes or a web site link on russian recipes.

Thanks geetha! Although there are no same day oaths in NYC, they usually take place a couple of weeks after the interview.

Since I'm a typical male who doesn't cook, I don't have any recipes on hand. I'll ask my mother to recommend a good recipe website, since she's an amazing cook.