I485 rfe Nebraska

Sounds like BS to me. According to my wife (she's a nurse) the only way to rule out TB after a postive skin test is for a chest X ray.

I agree. My wife is doing nursing. According to her and people in the nursing field, TB test should only be done once if it is positive. X-ray should be good enough. In her case, she had done TB test when she joind school. So the doctor didn't do the test and marked on I-639 medical form that TB Test not done and X-ray is fine. So we got RFE that X-ray alone is not good enough. Need to go back to the doctor and figure out what needs to be done now.

I agree. My wife is doing nursing. According to her and people in the nursing field, TB test should only be done once if it is positive. X-ray should be good enough. In her case, she had done TB test when she joind school. So the doctor didn't do the test and marked on I-639 medical form that TB Test not done and X-ray is fine. So we got RFE that X-ray alone is not good enough. Need to go back to the doctor and figure out what needs to be done now.

This is strange. I had an RFE from TSC for our 485 back in Aug last year. They did not mention medical and I never had the TB skin test but did have a clear chest Xray. (I had BCG vaccination when in high school in the UK so my skin test would be positive.)

It seems like NSC (or more likely the immigratiton officer reviewing your case) does not understand the doctor's report.

Have you seen any LUDs after submitting your response? Any idea if your NC has already been cleared?
thanks,
frog

I saw LUD twice after they received the rfe.
I don't know if my NC is cleared or not. However, there are several people here indicated that if USCIS sends out rfe, it means NC has most likely been cleared. :D :D :D

This is strange. I had an RFE from TSC for our 485 back in Aug last year. They did not mention medical and I never had the TB skin test but did have a clear chest Xray. (I had BCG vaccination when in high school in the UK so my skin test would be positive.)

It seems like NSC (or more likely the immigratiton officer reviewing your case) does not understand the doctor's report.

Now since we have the RFE, do any one recommend to do a new TB test. Since my wife also had BCG, it is going to be positive. Or just the indication on the I-639 medical form that TB test is done and X-ray is done will be good enough. I don't know what doctor is goign to do in this case if he has not done the TB test but some other doctor.

Now since we have the RFE, do any one recommend to do a new TB test. Since my wife also had BCG, it is going to be positive. Or just the indication on the I-639 medical form that TB test is done and X-ray is done will be good enough. I don't know what doctor is goign to do in this case if he has not done the TB test but some other doctor.

I just checked my copy of the medical report and from what I can tell the Xray report says the PPD tested positive and chest xray was clear.

Maybe you should review your copy of the medical report to see if there was a reference to a positive PPD. You never know the immigration officer may need to see those words and the chest xray to check off that your medical is ok.

I just checked my copy of the medical report and from what I can tell the Xray report says the PPD tested positive and chest xray was clear.

Maybe you should review your copy of the medical report to see if there was a reference to a positive PPD. You never know the immigration officer may need to see those words and the chest xray to check off that your medical is ok.

Thanks waiting4cagc,

The medical report says the TB test not done. and X ray is clear. However this test was doen in DEC 2004. Is this OK if the test is done in the past. we have the report for TB test done from 2004 and the X-ray report too. we are going to go to the doctor today to see if he can change the medical form which was returned by USCIS so that it indicates test was done and X-ray is clear.

Thanks waiting4cagc,

The medical report says the TB test not done. and X ray is clear. However this test was doen in DEC 2004. Is this OK if the test is done in the past. we have the report for TB test done from 2004 and the X-ray report too. we are going to go to the doctor today to see if he can change the medical form which was returned by USCIS so that it indicates test was done and X-ray is clear.

I'm sorry I'm not a medical professional so can't give you a definitive yes or no to your "is it OK" question. I hope you get this cleared up with your doctor.

Info on TB test

My cousin is an INS certified Doc., so just posting some info on TB test requirements

Most of the persons from Asia and other third world countries will be tested positive with TB skin test. The reaction may exceed 5 mm. Then to confirm it they will order for x-Ray where most of them get clear results. This is the process.

I agree with the opinion stating that the skin test will not be done twice becasuse there are no contrary reasons but, it comes positive for lifetime once if skin test shows positive reaction. Since there is no need to get it done again they will directly go for Chest x-Ray. BUt this is not recommended at all by USCIS. USCIS wants to see skin test and then x-Ray.

There is nothing medically states that you should NOT get it done twice except waste of 48 hrs (to read skin test).

I'm sorry I'm not a medical professional so can't give you a definitive yes or no to your "is it OK" question. I hope you get this cleared up with your doctor.

My cousin is an INS certified Doc., so just posting some info on TB test requirements

Most of the persons from Asia and other third world countries will be tested positive with TB skin test. The reaction may exceed 5 mm. Then to confirm it they will order for x-Ray where most of them get clear results. This is the process.

I agree with the opinion stating that the skin test will not be done twice becasuse there are no contrary reasons but, it comes positive for lifetime once if skin test shows positive reaction. Since there is no need to get it done again they will directly go for Chest x-Ray. BUt this is not recommended at all by USCIS. USCIS wants to see skin test and then x-Ray.

There is nothing medically states that you should NOT get it done twice except waste of 48 hrs (to read skin test).

Thank you for sharing your information, it makes us feel we are insiders as well. :D :D
However, TB test shouldn't be done multiple times from the medical point of view because reactions can become progressively worse. There are a lot of websites confirm this.
(of course, since it's not life threatening test and USCIS specifically requires it, most people would do it again just to get it over with)

Thank you for sharing your information, it makes us feel we are insiders as well. :D :D
However, TB test shouldn't be done multiple times from the medical point of view because reactions can become progressively worse. There are a lot of websites confirm this.
(of course, since it's not life threatening test and USCIS specifically requires it, most people would do it again just to get it over with)

After talking to 2 doctor, we are doing the TB test again for my wife. It will be positive and do an X-ray again and resubmitt the medical. I hope to get this over with and get GC for her and move on with life after GC. Will update the forum once the I see that NSC has received our response.

Recently my status was updated (LUD: 11-Mar-2007) and it says an RFE has been sent (same thing for my wife).

I will update as and when I hear from lawyer what this may be about.

Thanks,

----------------------------------
Priority Date: 18-JUL-2002
RIR - VIRGINIA
EB2 - India
I-140 RD: 30-MAY-2006
I-140 AD: 27-DEC-2006
I-485 Receipt #:LIN-061765-xxxx
I-485 RD: 30-MAY-2006
I-485 LUD: 03-JUL-2006, 11-MAR-2007
FP AD: 30-JUN-2006

we got the same RFE....and i am planning to re-do all tests since its been six month since we did our last medical.

we have been asked to do the TB-skin test (and i will ask the doctor to do the xray again)

since we have to refill and resend the form 693, i thought its a good idea to re-do all possible tests.................is this a right approach or should we just repeat TB test and send the 693 with other old information plus new TB test results????

We only did TB test. we have responded to RFE today so let's see. Since only other thing is HIV test. Others are immunization which would be current if you did 6 months before.

we got the same RFE....and i am planning to re-do all tests since its been six month since we did our last medical.

we have been asked to do the TB-skin test (and i will ask the doctor to do the xray again)

since we have to refill and resend the form 693, i thought its a good idea to re-do all possible tests.................is this a right approach or should we just repeat TB test and send the 693 with other old information plus new TB test results????

you are right....immunization will not need to be repeated.

and if it is only the HIV test then maybe they dont need to repeat it......i am not sure i will talk to the doctor to see what he thinks is best..

We just got our RFEs.

My wife's RFE is about Birth Certificate. Her original BC didn't have her name, now we will need to provide supporting documents that show her DoB and parentage, though not sure what these documents will be. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

My RFE is asking why I didn't get a new TB skin test. I had taken the skin test in graduate school which came positive and X-Ray then was negative. My Doctor used that in form 693. Can somebody suggest if I need to take a new TB test or pull graduate school record?

Thanks,

RIR - VIRGINIA
EB2 - India

I just got the same RFE.

According to what I read, once it's positive, it will be always positive.

So what my doctor recommended was to get the old record. So we modified the form to indicate that skin test was taken in the past and it was positive.

I saw another member here re-took the test - both skin test and x-ray.

We just got our RFEs.

My wife's RFE is about Birth Certificate. Her original BC didn't have her name, now we will need to provide supporting documents that show her DoB and parentage, though not sure what these documents will be. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

My RFE is asking why I didn't get a new TB skin test. I had taken the skin test in graduate school which came positive and X-Ray then was negative. My Doctor used that in form 693. Can somebody suggest if I need to take a new TB test or pull graduate school record?

Thanks,

RIR - VIRGINIA
EB2 - India
From what i know.....

you need to do the skin test again........if it is postive....it will be marked as so....with a mention that you have a history of postive skin test...

then you need a X-Ray showing negative (i dont know what happens if it is positive).....and resubmit the form 693....

but i am planning to re-do the blood work.....so that everything gets updated........since i am assuming they may hound us for medical repeat after a year or so (is that right that they will ask us to repeat medical just like they make us repeat finger printing???)

Hi All,

How long does it take for them to approve after they receive the RFE response.

I got an update last week saying that they received my RFE response but no news since then...

Please share your experience.

Thanks

1-2 weeks I think if PD is current and NC is clear

Hi Harakad

I have extensively browsed this board and have seen that the aproval takes place within 2 week provided PD is current and NC is clear. Do remember though that NSC has some kind of approval processing logic so you might see more approvals twoards end of the month and the first two weeks of the month. My guess is if your NC is clear and RFE reply is sufficient than they will keep your papers in some pile and approve it towards the end of the month. Again that is just my opinion based on all the posts in the forum..Any gurus can shed more light??. All the best and thanks for replying to my PM earlier.

Leo