I485 rfe Nebraska

Hello_me123: NO, you do NOT need a "non-availability" certificate if you have a BC, even though a delayed one. I got the affidavits from my parents; on stamp paper... I am not sure whether the value of the stamp paper matters. And for cases where they cannot get from parents, get from persons who will be around your parents age (like uncles, aunts etc.). I think you can get the affidavits from where the persons giving the affidavits live now. Like, if your parents are in Mumbai but you were born in Delhi, then affidavits from Mumbai should be Ok, I think.

RFE Please help

My wife and me got RFE last week and asking mother name on my BC. I did send embassy letter with mother name and some affidavits not from my place where I was born but from here in USA. My brother and brother in law did it. Does anybody have any Idea. I received response from CIS on 19th of April.

Thanks for the help.

How long will it take for me to receive RFE?

I was informed by email that USCIS sent me a RFE on April 11, 2007.

Almost two weeks past since then. Just called my lawyer's office, and they havn't recieved anything yet.

Is this normal? Should I call USCIS? Can anybody share your experience?

Thanks.

I was informed by email that USCIS sent me a RFE on April 11, 2007.

Almost two weeks past since then. Just called my lawyer's office, and they havn't recieved anything yet.

Is this normal? Should I call USCIS? Can anybody share your experience?

Thanks.

It can take upto a month to receive the actual RFE. So dont panic yet..

Who gets the RFE?

For those of you who have attorneys acting on your behalf, who has recieved your RFE? You or your attorney? I'm heading out of the country for three weeks and anticipate getting an RFE for my TB skin test soon, but I don't know who's going to recieve the letter.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi Harakad,

Thanks for your info.

Somehow I couldn't relax and I called up the USCIS. Here is what I learned:

The RFE was returned to USCIS as undeliverable because the Lawyer's Office moved. USCIS sent another copy to the new address on 04/20/07.

Called my Lawyer's office and the angry lawyer assistant put all blame on USCIS and USPS. In the meanwhile, I was informed that the attorney's office will move again next week!!!

Hopefully the RFE will reach them by the end of this week....

It can take upto a month to receive the actual RFE. So dont panic yet..

Can i have a format for the BC affidivit please??

Thnaks for all your help

You can get samples from immihelp.com.

My attorney specifically asked affidavites from uncle, aunt, neighbor etc, but NOT parents.

If you have a delayed/late registered BC, my guess is you do not need non-availability certificate as it is regsitered now albeit delay.

TB skin test

Our 485 application was approved, about 40 days after NSC received our RFE, which was for the skin test.
Good luck to everyone, keep your hope alive!

LC4ever:

When you took a TB skin test a second time due to your RFE, was the reaction much larger (expectedly it would be larger since you are positive already)? If so, did the doctor recommend any medication (INH?) and is the medication required by USCIS? I received RFE about skin test too but the original civil surgeon is refusing to do a new skin test. To add to the complication, USCIS has also not returned the original Form I-693 (but in the cover letter they say they are returning it). I am caught in a situation where if I need the original form modified with a new test I have to go to the original civil surgeon who has the form but who does not want to do this test.

Confused !

All,

My GC application has been finally approved. It took slighly above 5 years from end-to-end, but wait is over. Thanks to this community for support. below are my details and I hope it helps others to see light at the end of tunnel.

RIR/EB2/VIRGINIA
Education: 4 year Bachelors (India) + Graduate Degree (USA)

LC Receipt #: P-04278-13xxx
LC PD(Virginia/State): 18-JUL-2002
LC XD(Phila/Regional): 07-MAY-2004
LC XD(PBEC): ?
LC 45DL: ?-MAR-2005
LC AD: 04-APR-2006

I-140 Receipt #: LIN-061765-xxxx
I-140 FD: 05-MAY-2006
I-140 RD: 30-MAY-2006
I-140 LUD: 29-JUL-2006; 28-DEC-2006
I-140 AD: 27-DEC-2006

I-485 Receipt #:LIN-061765-xxxx
I-485 FD: 05-MAY-2006 (Concurrently Filed)
I-485 RD: 30-MAY-2006
FINGERPRINT AD: 30-JUN-2006
I-485 LUD: 03-JUL-2006 (Fingerprint), 11-MAR-2007 (RFE#1), 10-APR-2007 (RFE Received), 13-APR-2007, 07-MAY-2007 (RFE#2), 29-MAY-2007 (RFE Received), 13-JUN-2007 (Card Ordered)
I-485 AD: 13-JUN-2007

RFE#1 - Wife: Birth Certificate. Original BC didn't have her name. Submitted affidavits from Aunt and Uncle to support BC. Affidavits were on Rs. 20 stamp paper and notarized.

RFE#1 - Self: TB Skin Test. Civil Surgeon forgot to mention TB skin test on the first medical form, so did another skin test and submitted new medical certificate. Didn't do any other new test, although some recommended doing all of the things all over again.

RFE#2 - Self: TB Skin Test. USCIS misplaced/didn't receive new medical form. Submitted another medical form with previous (second skin test) results. Didn't do any other new test, although some recommended doing blood tests again as first medical form was almost a year old.

I hope that was helpful. Good luck to all.

Hi Hello_me_123,

Did you repond to your RFE? I got the similar RFE.. late registered BC.. provide oldest available evidence which establishes your birth and parentage..

please share your experience

Thanks in advance

new2new4; gcwait6: Did you guys got RFE with barcode on it and did send back with orginal or a fotocopy of notice of action? There was any special envelope enclosed to send the RFE back?

new2new4; gcwait6: Did you guys got RFE with barcode on it and did send back with orginal or a fotocopy of notice of action? There was any special envelope enclosed to send the RFE back?

I sent the orginal letter that came with it and made photocopy. My guess is actual "original" was with the attorney and he sent me a copy.

Since RFE was about TB test, the civil surgeon filled out new I-693, sealed it in an envelope and signed/stamped with doctor's seal. The RFE for my wife was about Birth Certificate which I didn't need to enclose in any envelope.
I mailed all of the stuff to attorney through priority mail and he forwarded it to USCIS through whatever process they have.