I485 rfe Nebraska

Congrats!

Dante, congrats on your approval.

I also received a similar email on December 12, 2006.

I received a "Welcome Notice" telling me that I should receive the card in 3 weeks. I am wondering if you received the same welcome notice. Also, have you received any other updates or your card as yet? Your response will be greatly appreciated.

Need help

Hi,

I just recd RFE and they've ask me same thing for I-94. And we don't ve copy of I-94 and also when we came back from Mexico, border immigration did not stamped our passports. I know your lawer ask you to write letter. Is anyway, can u send me copy of letter? or give some ideas? or feedback like what was the response from USCIS regarding i-94 letter.

Thanks
pashra

6yrs&Counting said:
Hi,

My Firm lawyers just emailed me that the RFE is asking for the copies of my & my wife's I-94 cards with the Entry Stamp of our last entry into the US in May 2006.

We'd gone to Canada for the H1-B / H-4 Extension, and while re-entering, I did not notice, they NEVER STAMPED the re-entry, Nor did they include the White I-94 Card.

I explained this to the lawyer, and she suggested that I write this down, get it Notarized, and we submit that with the RFE response.

I asked her if this would be fine, and she said "I hope so, I cannot predict, but let's hope for the best"

I found this to be the stupidest response ever from a lawyer. I'm sure this cannot be the only time something like this has happened, so, am reaching out to you gurus / lawyers for advice and help.

Please reply soon.

Thank you,

Vikas

Can someone plz help me?

Hi,

I just thought this might be the place to address my concern....

I got an email saying that RFE has been issued (for my 485) on Jan 29th. But I am yet to receive it by snail mail.

Is it normal for the RFE to take so long?
Does the RFE always reach the lawyer only?

My file has been touched after 5 years and I am very worried. So, please help me...

Thanks.

Can anyone tell how long it takes for RFE to reach Attorney office from the date when it is issued by USCIS, for My case RFE was sent on 02/09/07 (As per online message)

kgp

HaraKad, kgp

The snail mail takes about 1 to 2 weeks to reach your attorney if you have one. What was your online message before it changed to RFE? Have you name check is cleared? I know HaraKad got 2 LUDs before your RFE. kgp, did you have any LUD before? More details will help you get more feedback and inputs.

The possible RFE:

1. EVL letter
2. Legal status proof
3. Birth Certificate
4. Medical exam, if you are a female and did not do the required test, like X-ray; or if the skin test for TB is positive, even you X-ray is okay.

Even though you have submitted the above documents before, sometimes you're still required to provide these.

xyr888 Thanks,
as of Feb 9 afternoon - online message before it changed to RFE in the evening of Feb 9TH was: Received and Pending, no other LUD change.

Name checked: I think it is toooooo early for me my I-140 & I-485 were received at NSC on Feb 5, 2007, received I-140 receipt# from bank / Premium processing check, no official receipt letter yet.

I will post RFE details as soon as I get, mine is a Substitute RFE (PD Dec 2001), I work for the largest company. I provided all these docs to attorney but I don't believe my attorney as they get paid more money every time there is a problem with the case, they already created 100s of mess for me in last 5 years with DOL AND BECAUSE OF THOSE ERRORS even after my own LC approval I am not able to use one and they are trying to work with DOL on errors and now using Substitute.

Following are the issues which I am concerned from the time they submitted my application and may be reason for RFE:

1. As it is a LC Substitution case: Attorney submitted ETA 750 Part B form: page 2 has my signature (Column 16), and because there are 7 employers for me so Column 15th on one page is not enough so addition page was attached but this additional page is not same as ETA 750 Part B PAGE 2, as it does not have Column 16th on the bottom and it does not ask ALIEN signature rather there was a blank column and attorney asked my manager to sign it, it was totally strange.

2. Substitute labor requirement is for simple: Master Degree in EE, nothing else is mentioned like whether equivalent degree will be accepted or not, and I meet the Masters Degree in EE requirement by virtue of equivalent degree (Indian Degree).

3. I work at a different work location (Different STATE) than the work location mentioned in the Preapproved labor (But I guess that should be an issue at I-485 instead of at I-140)

Kgp

xyr888 said:
HaraKad, kgp

The snail mail takes about 1 to 2 weeks to reach your attorney if you have one. What was your online message before it changed to RFE? Have you name check is cleared? I know HaraKad got 2 LUDs before your RFE. kgp, did you have any LUD before? More details will help you get more feedback and inputs.

The possible RFE:

1. EVL letter
2. Legal status proof
3. Birth Certificate
4. Medical exam, if you are a female and did not do the required test, like X-ray; or if the skin test for TB is positive, even you X-ray is okay.

Even though you have submitted the above documents before, sometimes you're still required to provide these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on my RFE.

I got the 797 notice of action today to my old address. I have got FP notification only for the primary though...

Apparently, the lawyers never received it.

The date for FP is for March 2nd but plan on getting an early FP done. Should be fine,right?

I am from CSC

LC requires MS NSC-RFE need BS

Finally RFE is received in Attorney office: in the RFE NSC requested a copy of my Foreign Bachelors Degree.

My LC requires Masters Degree in Engineering + 2 year experience and I-140 (Premium Processing) was filled based on that I meet the requirement by having a Masters Degree in Engineering equivalent to a US Masters Degree Plus 2 years experience.

Any suggestion why NSC issued RFE and asked copy of Bachelors Degree while I-140 was filled based on Masters Degree requirement in LC

RFE for I485

I received an email yesterday from CRIS stating that they have issued an RFE for both me and my wife's 485. It'll take a few days before my lawyer receives the RFE and before I can be sure about what exactly they have asked for.
In the meantime, is there anyone here who can offer any guesses from the previous trends what my RFE could be about?
It seems lately NSC is sending out more RFE's for 485, so any ideas what the most commonly asked documents are?
Thanks,
frog

I received an email yesterday from CRIS stating that they have issued an RFE for both me and my wife's 485. It'll take a few days before my lawyer receives the RFE and before I can be sure about what exactly they have asked for.
In the meantime, is there anyone here who can offer any guesses from the previous trends what my RFE could be about?
It seems lately NSC is sending out more RFE's for 485, so any ideas what the most commonly asked documents are?
Thanks,
frog

We got an RFE for:
1.EVL
2.Recent paystubs and W2

Thanks,
frog
We got RFE for:
1) Birth Certificate (My BC was registered late. They asked for more evidence)
2) Employment Letter
3) Copy of labor application or approved labor filed before April 2001 (I am using 245i for my wife)
3) I-94 copy for my wife

I have searched the forum for at least 4-5 hours last night and tonight, still couldn't find a clear answer to the following questions (I don't know if there are any clear answers....)
Anyway, I have the two following questions, I hope someone can enlighten me with your thoughts or experience. Thanks in advance.

1. Does anybody know how long 485 will be approved after rfe is received?

2. Does USCIS send out rfe before name check or after name check, or are they totally irrelevant?

Please see my signature for case details. I don’t know if I need to start to worry about being stuck in name check, or is it too early to tell?

I have searched the forum for at least 4-5 hours last night and tonight, still couldn't find a clear answer to the following questions (I don't know if there are any clear answers....)
Anyway, I have the two following questions, I hope someone can enlighten me with your thoughts or experience. Thanks in advance.

-------- It may take from a couple of weeks to a couple of months in many cases.
2. Does USCIS send out rfe before name check or after name check, or are they totally irrelevant?
-------- Name check usually starts within weeks of I-485 receipt. RFE means that they opened your file and were processing it for approval but couldn't find clear answers to some requirements.
Please see my signature for case details. I don’t know if I need to start to worry about being stuck in name check, or is it too early to tell?
-------- I think your namecheck is clear and that is why they processed your case resulting in an RFE. You can always take an infopass appointment to find out about your Namecheck status
Good Luck

whats the ref about

What was your RFE about, LC4ever?
thanks,
frog

My 485 approved but RFE on Wife's case

Guys,

My case had received RFE at every stage in last year. RFE at I-140, RFE on EAD and AP for color copies of passport and finally my 485 was approved yesterday. My wife did receive her AP and EAD in last 2 weeks without any RFE. We had to fiel her 485 3 tiles and mine 2 times becasue they didn't issue any Receipts for long time.

However today I received an email that they have issued an RFE for my wife's 485.

Do you guys know what could be the reasons for this RFE after my approval.

I will post the RFE once our lawyers get it in 2 weeks.

What was your RFE about, LC4ever?
thanks,
frog

Thank you very much

Good Luck
To prq20: Thank you for your reply. I hope that's the case USCIS sent out rfe after name check was through.

To eefrog: My rfe was about TB skin test, I have done it once before and it was positive due to BCG vaccine shot when I was little, the nurse back then kindly told me I shouldn't do it again in the future, because the reaction would be worse each time TB skin test was done.
WHen I prepare the medical exam, I told the doctor about it, he agreed that I shouldn't do it any more since it would be positive anyway, he told me just to have x-ray, and it was normal. So I sent out everything to USCIS, then got a rfe basicly saying that normal x-ray alone is not enough, TB skin test is a must. :confused: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
RFE details

Hi,
Just to share with everyone my RFE details. My lawyer received the RFE and apparently the doctor who did me and my wife's medical exam didnt test us for TB so we have to resubmit our medical exam. In addition they also asked for my EVL.
Hope this helps.
frog

same as mine

Hi,
Just to share with everyone my RFE details. My lawyer received the RFE and apparently the doctor who did me and my wife's medical exam didnt test us for TB so we have to resubmit our medical exam. In addition they also asked for my EVL.
Hope this helps.
frog

We got the same rfe, please see my post above. On the bright side, I guess at least this is something easy to get.

Have you seen any LUDs after submitting your response? Any idea if your NC has already been cleared?
thanks,
frog
We got the same rfe, please see my post above. On the bright side, I guess at least this is something easy to get.

We got the RFE for my wife's medical ( especially TB test). Also they requested for latest H4, EAD. Hopefully this will be sorted out quickly.