I485 rfe Nebraska

dante73

Registered Users (C)
I always find this forum pretty helpful.
Maybe some of you have experience with the following situation:

I received this email last week from USCIS.

Current Status:

On September 20, 2006, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 30 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.

I haven't got anything in the mail yet.
How long is it supposed to take?
Do they send the RFE to me or to my lawyer or to my employer?
I don't have a clue what they may be asking for but I will let you guys know when I get it.
I guess there is no way to know how long it will take to get the GC after answering the RFE.

Thanks,

EB2-Labor PD: 12/2005
140/485 RD: 4/2006
I-140 Approval Date: 7/11/06
Fingerprinting: 6/10/06
I-485 AD ???
GC received ????

Same Boat

I have also recieved an email stating that my RFE has been issued on September 19th. My attorney will let me know once they get it. I think lot of folks from Nebraska have got RFE in the last week.We should actually track how many people got RFE. I hope this is not a mass RFE by Nebraska. My RD for 485 is also April 2006.

My 485 RFE was mailed out on 9/21/06. My lawyer received it yesterday. My case is NIW. So they are asking for
1) evidence for continuous engagement in the similar work to that when I submiited NIW application (5/2004)
2) Update G325 form.

That is. My name check is still pending now.

NIWwaiting said:
My 485 RFE was mailed out on 9/21/06. My lawyer received it yesterday. My case is NIW. So they are asking for
1) evidence for continuous engagement in the similar work to that when I submiited NIW application (5/2004)
2) Update G325 form.

That is. My name check is still pending now.

How do you know that your name check is still pending?

First, my senator responsed to me at the middle of this month, saying my name check is still pending.
Second, NSC sent me the letter on Sept 19, saying my security check is still pending.

NIWwaiting said:
First, my senator responsed to me at the middle of this month, saying my name check is still pending.
Second, NSC sent me the letter on Sept 19, saying my security check is still pending.

do u think if NC/security check is pending then NSC will notify the person concerned?

I got same kind of update by email. Have not got the real letter yet. I am NIW too. I guess they are asking for same kind of info. asking for i am still working in the same area??
Anybody has any template that we can follow? I guess it is a very common RFE for all the NIWers. Thanks!

forxp said:
I got same kind of update by email. Have not got the real letter yet. I am NIW too. I guess they are asking for same kind of info. asking for i am still working in the same area??
Anybody has any template that we can follow? I guess it is a very common RFE for all the NIWers. Thanks!
what is ur case details? when u applied and all that?

applied I-485 at VSC in March 2005. Pending till now. my PD will become current next month. Got an update email today. Don't know what it is yet. i had an LuD 2 weeks ago, nothing changed. name check initiated in july 05, I don't know if it is completed or nto.

RFE e-mail received Sep 29

I also received an e-mail today that on Sep 28th RFE was mailed re I485 application. My I140 was approved on Sep.15th.

===============
PERM filed Nov 30, 2005 - AD Feb 2006
I140/I485 RD May 12, 2006
I140 AD Sep 15, 2006

hey Antonioa77,

any news on where you case is? If they cleared the checkes you should be able to just call and give your name. they'd be able to find where your case is.

antonioa77 said:
what is ur case details? when u applied and all that?

Fgsilva said:
hey Antonioa77,

any news on where you case is? If they cleared the checkes you should be able to just call and give your name. they'd be able to find where your case is.

I'm pretty sure i';m stuck at NSC. my check didn't clear yet. It seems my i140 will be in TSC and I485 in NSC. it is a mess. later USCXIS will send back the I485 to TSC and this will take forever witht he uselss NSC mailing center.

NSC RFE on I-485 -- Please help!

Hi,

My Firm lawyers just emailed me that the RFE is asking for the copies of my & my wife's I-94 cards with the Entry Stamp of our last entry into the US in May 2006.

We'd gone to Canada for the H1-B / H-4 Extension, and while re-entering, I did not notice, they NEVER STAMPED the re-entry, Nor did they include the White I-94 Card.

I explained this to the lawyer, and she suggested that I write this down, get it Notarized, and we submit that with the RFE response.

I asked her if this would be fine, and she said "I hope so, I cannot predict, but let's hope for the best"

I found this to be the stupidest response ever from a lawyer. I'm sure this cannot be the only time something like this has happened, so, am reaching out to you gurus / lawyers for advice and help.

Thank you,

Vikas

I also got a copy of the RFE from my lawyer.

They asked for all my I20s since I was an F1 before, including letters from the school certifying I had been a student in good standing.

They also asked for a currently dated letter from my employer.

Maybe this will give you an idea of what to expect if you get an RFE email from USCIS.

I will keep you posted on how long it takes to get I485 approved after I reply to the RFE.

Good Luck to all.

EB2-Labor PD: 12/2005
140/485 RD: 4/2006
I-140 Approval Date: 7/11/06
Fingerprinting: 6/10/06
I-485 AD ???
GC received ????

6yrs&Counting said:
Hi,

My Firm lawyers just emailed me that the RFE is asking for the copies of my & my wife's I-94 cards with the Entry Stamp of our last entry into the US in May 2006.

We'd gone to Canada for the H1-B / H-4 Extension, and while re-entering, I did not notice, they NEVER STAMPED the re-entry, Nor did they include the White I-94 Card.

I explained this to the lawyer, and she suggested that I write this down, get it Notarized, and we submit that with the RFE response.

I asked her if this would be fine, and she said "I hope so, I cannot predict, but let's hope for the best"

I found this to be the stupidest response ever from a lawyer. I'm sure this cannot be the only time something like this has happened, so, am reaching out to you gurus / lawyers for advice and help.

Thank you,

Vikas

Did you had valid I-94 (not expired) card in your passport when returning back to US? If you had valid I-94 then, they wouldn't normally give the new one.

Same thing happened to me too

6yrs&Counting said:
Hi,

Thank you,

Vikas
I went to Canada last year for a week. My I-94 card was not taken away while leaving the US.

However, While coming back, my US immigration was done at the Montreal Airport only and the officer took away my I-94 card and never gave me a new one. So, I do not have any white I-94 card. My attorney said it would be ok since US immigration in Canada DOES NOT issue new I-94.

But I do have stamps on my passport for Canada entry and US re-entry after canada visit. Let me know what you figure out about this, My 485 is alos pending with Nebraska.

Similar problem as 6yr and counting.

I dont have a new I94 after going to Canada. My old I94 was tkane by the US embassy in Canada. I think the I94 on 797 approval should be sufficient. I have to provide all my I94 for past six years which is difficult as I dont have photocopy for some....I also dont have the photocopy of 1-120(bith side) it is just one side print out. Does it matter if I submit only one sided print out?

Thanks

RFE from Nebraska

Finally I can report on what my RFE asked for:
(1) Employment letter
(2) Copy of most recent I-94
(3) Proof of legal F1 status earlier

Needless to say all of it was part of original I-485 application by my lawyers. However employment letter will be sent again with current date, and copy of new I-94 will be given. Proof of legal F1 status will be just re-sent from original documents.

=======
PERM applied Nov. 2005 approved Feb 2006
I-140/I-485 filed May 12, 2006
I-140 approved Sep.15, 2006
RFE on I-485 sent Sep.28, 2006

received RFE e-mail

hi All,

I received an RFE e-mail message on my pending I-485 petition. Can some shed some lite on what are the most common RFEs asked and wise approach to answer. is receiving an RFE indicate my security/name check done?

Please respond...

Thanks in advance...