I485 - Primary approved.....Spouse Case Still Pending!!!

goodphysq

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I got my I-485 approval from TSC recently, but my wife case is still pending

I know few of us are in the same situation. Can we post it here...so we could get an idea whats the time frame we could expect our spouses approvals?

Thanks!

Hi,
I got my I-485 approval from TSC recently, but my wife case is still pending

I know few of us are in the same situation. Can we post it here...so we could get an idea whats the time frame we could expect our spouses approvals?

Thanks!

The time frame is (0 day-many years)

Primlay approved - H4 Stamping for spouse!!

Hi All,
Quick Que. while my I-485 is approved.

Can my wife go for H4 stamping while we travel (basically, is her H4 Still valid)?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Hi All,
Quick Que. while my I-485 is approved.

Can my wife go for H4 stamping while we travel (basically, is her H4 Still valid)?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

When you had H1 you were sponsor for your wife's H4, since you got approval of I-485 your H1 is not valid anymore, and you do not have basis for you wife non-immigrant status sponsorship.

H4 stamping (as you said) can be obtained only when she hands YOUR (not hers) approved I-129 petition. But unfortunately your petition is not valid.

When you had H1 you were sponsor for your wife's H4, since you got approval of I-485 your H1 is not valid anymore, and you do not have basis for you wife non-immigrant status sponsorship.

H4 stamping (as you said) can be obtained only when she hands YOUR (not hers) approved I-129 petition. But unfortunately your petition is not valid.

Thanks for your prompt response!

Man.........you can never win with in this immigration process. Its always loose/loose scenario :mad:

The H4 is void. Make sure she applied AND RECEIVED her AP document before leaving the US.

Yes, we do have one. The problem is it experies on July 2nd week.

As my wife is sick, we are planning to take some treatment in India. It will be nice if she could stay until middle of august.

Looks like no chance now........man, you get your GC your doomed..........you dont get one your doomed.

i think we would have been better off w/o me getting GC, both of us could atleast have gone for stamping, so she could have stayed longer for the treatement.......its really frustrating!!!:mad:

FYI.. we have applied our next AP on Mar'07, which we wont have until end of june. :confused:

Any idea??

My wife case is still pending....and I have no idea why they WON'T approve dependent......... when primary has been approved month back!! :mad:

Anything at all it should happen by next week........if not we have to cut short our trip.........man its really frustrating..

:confused:

good_physiq

U can go to local INS office and ask them expedite your AP. I think they will expedite for valid reason. I am not sure what is the valid reason. search the forums. you might find some.

va_GC_case

ok - we got an RFE today on my wife pending case. We have to wait to find out whats the RFE is for!

Folks - DO you have any experience regarding expeditating Advance Parole?

If so do you know whats the time frame we are talking about?

Is medical treatment is a valid reason? :confused: