I485 Interview letter received from Atlanta Local INS

ramareddy

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Today I received the I485 Interview letter received from Atlanta Local INS through law firm.

My details are:

I485 Received date : 27 th Sep 2001.
Notice date: 19 th Nov 2001.
RFE date : Sep or Oct 2002 ( forgot actual date)
RFE resonce recived: 27 th Nov 2002.
Local INS transfer : 4 th Dec 2002.
Interview scheduled Notice date 30 Dec 2002.
Law firm received 8 th Jan 2003.
Interview date : 3rd March 2003.

Congratulations. That was pretty fast. Please post your interview experience and all the documents that you have to carry, requested by INS for this interview. My case was transferred to BOSTON local office on jan 6th. Hoping they could send me my interview letter like Atlanta.

Thanks,

toughdba

Rama,
Thanks for sharing the info, also would you mind giving me your emailid, I would like to talk to you offline about the local transfer. I tried sending you a Private Message but it seems like you have chosen not to receive PM's.

Thanks

I see Light at the end of the tunnel....

Hey Rama Congratulations , that's great news. I hope I hear from them soon as I 485 RD is July 2001 and got an RFE in May 2002 and my case was transferred to Atlanta Local Office in the first week of september 2002.

Do you know why your case was transferred. Also can you update us on the documants you need to take for the interview and any information you think would help us

Thank You

Why these transfers happened ??

What are The RFE's and their replies that they got transferred to local INS.

Can all the transferred cases detail the reasons so that it helps the people in the forum to be cautious.

Thanks for your information! I was transferred to Atlanta INS on October 21st of last year and have yet to hear anything.

I will be going down tomorrow morning to renew my EAD, and I will see if I can get information about my and my wife's interview. As always, I will keep everyone informed.

Therealcanadian

This lady at my work had gone to the Atlanta Local Office for change of address and to renew her EAD. To get the token she told the officer that she had come for chnage of address. After she went in she was told that EAD renewal needs to be done by mail. Also, if you tell the officer distributing the tokens that you have come for EAD then he will not issue a token and will ask you to do the same by mail. if I were you when getting the token will not tell the officer EAD renuewal, but soemthing else just so that h would isue a token and then go in and ask all the questions

This is not my personal experience so please doube check what I have said and just don't blindly believe it

Good luck and hope to see some posting tomorrow after your visit to the local office

Re: Therealcanadian

Originally posted by waitingforaos
This lady at my work had gone to the Atlanta Local Office for change of address and to renew her EAD. To get the token she told the officer that she had come for chnage of address.

Thanks for that information - it's incredibly useful. When I last checked the INS web site, the local filing procedures for Atlanta indicated that only initial EAD applications needed to be filed by mail. I just checked the page, and that has apparently changed.

I'll go to say that I'm interested in speaking to an IIO about my case, and to verify the change of address that was made. That should do the trick. Thanks again for the tip!

Which ceter did you file 485?

This is Vermont center forum, Atlanta is in Texas center.

I am a little bit confused. :confused: :confused:

Re: Which ceter did you file 485?

Originally posted by oocyte
This is Vermont center forum, Atlanta is in Texas center.

I am a little bit confused. :confused: :confused:

I filed in VSC since my former employer is located in VA. However, I live in Atlanta.

It's a greate news

We can see a ray of hope. I think Atlanta INS office is trying to move the cases very fast . Let us wait.. My case was transferred on 4th Nov 2002 and no news yet. My wife applied for her EAD at Atlanta office and waiting for EAD approval( They took 3 weeks to open the packet!!!) and the receipt letter says if she did not receive EAD in 90 days contact local INS office. So anybody sending EAD application to Atlanta local office add extra 3 weeks time .

Hi Everyone.

Once again I tell my story.

Sep 2001 I sent I485 Application to Vermont Service Center. After two weeks my employer told to me leave because he could not find another project. I waited 2 1/2 months to get EAD. Occe I received my EAD I found the job in Atlanta. I moved from Miami to Atlanta. So I changed the my address through same lawyer. In Oct 2002 I got RFE regarding employment Verification and 6 pay stubs. My previous employer provided the letter saying He is our employer but he is on long vaccation. I provided the current employer pay stubs. Finally same lawyer sent RFE response. INS received on Nov 25 - 28. On Dec 4 2002 message changed to Local INS transfer. Then I was thinking mine will take atleast one year because I have seen so many people waiting. So I stoped thinking. Yesterday I got an interview letter from law firm. For some reason I did not get directly from INS. List of documents attachment is missing. My lawyer also did not get. I am thinking to call INS to find out. But my lawyer suggested take labor certificate, I140 and all other documents. My previous employer told he give all documents.

I hope I clarified.

to therealcanadian- change of address

It sounda like you changed your address. i am planning on changing my address too. Its within the same state infact teh ssame city and county. I will still be working for the same employer.
Did you change your address after your case was transferred to the local Office. How did you go about with the address change. My lawyer has advised me on sending the Ar-11 form to the address on the form and also a copy to VSC. He also sked me to go personally to the local office and change the address there. Any replies will be greatly appreciated

Re: to therealcanadian- change of address

It sounda like you changed your address. i am planning on changing my address too. Its within the same state infact teh ssame city and county. I will still be working for the same employer. Did you change your address after your case was transferred to the local Office.

Changed my address after the I-485 was filed; all within the same metro area (just different county). Filed change of address with VSC (which appears to have taken) and also filed an AR-11 once the big stink about notifying the INS occurred.

I don't believe that the transfer occurred based on my address change - I'm 99% it's AC21 related.

As an update, I showed up downtown at 10:30 today. As previous posters confirmed, they will NOT give you a number if you are there for an EAD renewal. I said I was doing a change of address and requesting information. Got a token, and waited in the waiting room. The chairs are (relatively) comfy, but the muzak is AWFUL. The metal detectors are there for a reason; if I had to listen to that audio garbage much longer I would have gone postal. (Hope they screen the INS employees!) :grin: Bring a book; the average wait time is 2 hours.

The good part is that the people there are all pretty polite, and about as helpful as bureaucrats can be. I confirmed that my new address was in the system, and after a few questions (the lady was somewhat surprised that an EB case filed in VSC had ended up there without TSC ever being involved) I confirmed that my file was actually in the building. Transfer date was 10/21, didn't make it into the Atlanta office until 11/25.

I asked about scheduling, and the IIO confirmed that interviews for EB cases are scheduled in based on notice date (the CLAIMS receipt date) with the FB I-485 applicants, since mine is an Oct 2001 ND case I don't need to start the clock over again. However, she was unable to give me any info about an interview, so apparently it hasn't been scheduled yet.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks for the info....

But I didnot get the last part as my RD/Nd is before ramareddy(mine is July '01). Also my case was transferred in September and I had personally gome to the local office and they confirmed that they had received the file.
I personally feel its a randam pick. They donot have a set pattern

Re: Thanks for the info....

But I didnot get the last part as my RD/Nd is before ramareddy(mine is July '01). Also my case was transferred in September and I had personally gome to the local office and they confirmed that they had received the file. I personally feel its a randam pick. They donot have a set pattern

I think it may be random, too. My RD/ND is earlier, too. Oh well, time to fire up the word processor and the telephone and start making friends at my local congressman's office! I hear he wants to run for the Senate in 2004. ;)

Thanks for the info

Hi TheRealCanadian ,
Thanks for the info .My transfer date is 4 th Nov (14 day after yours). I also changed my address (to another county). I am planning to go to INS next month to verify my address and ask about my case. If they go by ND, normal wait time is 456 to 516 days ,we all should get call in April- May. What I got from this board is normally interview letter will come to you, same for dependeds also . In ramareddy's case he got the letter from Lawyer. My RD is 3 days before his (Sept 24, 2001) and no info from INS.

Am first...

Assuming that's how it works I am first amonst all the postings so far, My RD is July 2001. Hoping to get the cal sooooon.....
One questino though, ideally who gets the interview letter, lawyer or the applicant. My transfer notice went to the lawyer, the only things I received directly were my EAD and AP