I485 green card! Any advice?

gandrud

Registered Users (C)
I am an asylee and I applied for my GC on December 1st 2012!
On December 10th 2012, I had my bio-metrics!
Today is March 26th 2012 (3 months and 16 days) and nothing
Is it normal to wait almost 4 months?

I'd be very happy if you guys help me!

People on this website are very selfish! They wanna get helped, resolve their case by reading posts, demanding answers, but when I asked questions, the topic was viewed by 161 people and nobody took 30 seconds to type an answer!!!!

What service center did you apply to? the average processing time mentioned on the USCIS is 4 months.

Hey, thank you so much. I sent my papers to Nebraska. Thank you soooo much for trying to help me.

Mine took roughly 4 months last year at the Nebraska office. You should expect it in the next coming weeks if all checks out.

national average is 4 months, i applied 1month 20 days ago, still waiting, i know i need to wait... there are many in que before, u gotta be patient too, hopefully it comes soon

Dude, people aren't selfish. For one, you got upset after just 1 day! Not everyone here can help you, so many will look at your post, but would feel they have no authority to answer. You need to calm down.

i agree with cafeconleche, this forum helped me so much that i give 50% of my asylum aproval credit to this forum. people here are nicest in world..i come and answer few people just because i feel i need to pay back to this forum.. and i hope you would do the same in future

Hey Syrian, check on the website I gave you...Everything is right there, all the offices in the country.
thank you bro
i am doing that daily ,,,

but anybody knows about chicago Office ? what is the average for the decision ?

did you recieve your GC?

I am an asylee and I applied for my GC on December 1st 2012!
On December 10th 2012, I had my bio-metrics!
Today is March 26th 2012 (3 months and 16 days) and nothing
Is it normal to wait almost 4 months?

I'd be very happy if you guys help me!

I am wating for mine too, applied on feb 8th, 2013.
did you recieve your GC?

Most of the time, the GC wait has to do with name checks. It is very normal to wait more than 4 months.

i485 Timeline

FYI this is my timeline for my I485 request.

I applied for a GC based on asylum on December 18th. They requested a new birth certificate by January 30th and i sent it back to them by March 18th 2013. Yesterday June 7th 2013, i got a email and sms notifying me the Card Production ordered / decision of approval. So far my case has been taken 6 month including the 50 days delay in sending the new birth certificate requested by USCIS. / good luck to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator: