I140 and I485 concurrent file and I140 approved, I485 Pending Thread

Saan,

Can you include your EB category also?

It is a good idea to include your dates in your signature including eb category. If EB3 then if possible with the country name. If not country name then atleast mention "Affected by Retrogression" or "Not affected by retrogression". At this time only India, Philiphines and china are affected by retrogression. Anyone please correct me if my country list is not correct. This helps lot of people to understand other's scenario.

Thanks
tr_gc

Here are my details

Waiting for FP
I-140 ND 11/5/2004 AD 2/22/2005
FP ??
I-485 ND 11/4/2004 AD ???

My details and question

Hi,

I see that some participants of the forum have receved their FP notices even if their cases were file after July 2004. Are any of these participants from Atlanta and is their case EB3/RIR? I have a 485 RD of 08/09/2004. But I have not received any FP notice yet. I am in Alpharetta.and EP3/RIR ( 140-485 concurent filing. 140 cleared on 1/24/05)

-lrugnevm

detaiils

Hi, Missed this earlier...
EB3/RIR - PD 09/28/01
LC - approved - 07/01/2004
i140, i485 rd - 08/09/2004
i140 approved - 01/24/05
fp - ?
i485 -?
did not file for ead or ap yet
location - alpharetta, atlanta

what happens if i lose my job after 6 months in 485 and 140 approval?

Hi,
I have completed > 6 months in i485 stage and my i140 is approved. I do not have an ead and ap. no fp notices received.
What happens if i lose my job now?

-lrugnevm

lrugnevm said:
Hi,
I have completed > 6 months in i485 stage and my i140 is approved. I do not have an ead and ap. no fp notices received.
What happens if i lose my job now?

-lrugnevm

EAD and AP will help. So it may be good idea to have EAD and AP , you may be able to accept new job in same/similar position on EAD and be safe.

Thank you mkshirsa - had a followup question

However, once we have completed 6 months in i485, doesnt the case belong to the immigrant? even if I do not get another job, once fired, would I not be able to stay here until the i485 is approved?
-lrugnevm

Add me too

-------
TSC EB3 Case Sub Labor
Labor PD : 09/01/01
I140/I485 RD 01/29/04.
140 AD - 02/09/05.
I-485 LUD - 12/02/2004 ( On December 1, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.) DOES THIS MEANS THE NAME CHECK AND OTHER THINGS ARE DONE.

I-485 A.D ???.

Last edited by a moderator:
can you guys also add the location you guys are staying at?

I think the location where you stay makes a difference.
Members of the 140 forum in Charlotte, have already got their FP scheduled. No one from Atlanta seems to have got their FPs scheduled when the 485 ND > july 2004.
Please include the location where you guys are staying
-lrugnevm

AC21 portability I-140 approved , I-485 6 months passed

lrugnevm said:
However, once we have completed 6 months in i485, doesnt the case belong to the immigrant? even if I do not get another job, once fired, would I not be able to stay here until the i485 is approved?
-lrugnevm

That all depends on your old employer, if they try to withdraw your I-140 then you could be in problems. To avoid this, try to get a new job in same/similar position and inform USCIS with AC21 portability. That way once USCIS gets your letter before old employer tries to withdraw then I think you are safe.
Also try to get some legal advise if you know any attorney.

It seems that we have a lot of interest in keeping this thread alive. I will put an excel sheet so that its easier to track the progress.

Updated my info in the Excel SpreadSheet

I have updated the excel sheet with my info..I have also added a new column for I140 approval date...which might be useful..."I140ApprDate". Hope that is ok...
- jdr

guys - please add your locations

Or the I140 thread started by vangaru has columns for FP and other dates, we can add the details in a common sheet .
Also i would prefer location, because that makes a difference
-lrugnevm

Guys,

I added the people from the beginning of this thread to the Excel file.
Please, somebody add the rest.

Added Priority Date, Country Column

To help track the process more meaningfully, I have added two more columns ie Prority Date and Country. Please take a moment and update your info. Thanks