i wanna get married!!

Thanks!

Hi all,

Thanks for your reply.
Oh, sorry i didnt know that i should not ask about market.
I will discuss with my sweetheart and post further .

Thanks to all again.

Hi Guys,

I have one related questions,

One of my friend's sister is here on H4 and goin through divorce,

so question is can she marry GC holder guy, what will be her status etc.....

because she got proposal from one guy who is gc holder

After the divorce, she will lose H-4 status an will have to go back.
H-1 is the only option available to her. It will be very hard for her to get F-1 also if she got married to a GC holder.

I have one question

Hi,

Me too have one related question.

Am waiting GC , from NSC 1-485 filed on Sep, 2003
i dont know when i will get it approved. And also am so scared what new law will be ordered on 2005.

My parents want to arrange my marraige on this new year starting. :confused:

I heard through from few friends that if someone get married before GC approval and will file for life partner too , then the case is getting transfered to local office.It will take its own time.

Is it true? Please could you help me howmuch is this true? Or anyone have experinece like this?

Thanks

verylazygc said:
I heard through from few friends that if someone get married before GC approval and will file for life partner too , then the case is getting transfered to local office.It will take its own time.

Is it true? Please could you help me howmuch is this true? Or anyone have experinece like this?
This is not very common, in worse case only dependent's case will be transfered to local office; primary will get approved on time regardless.

Help me!

Hi all,

Recently i got the GC. Now i have planned to marry.
Will my spouse come in L1 to process GC? Or she should be here only on H1 or F1?

Thanks

It is very hard for the spouse of a GC holder to qaulify for F1 as it has pure non-immigrant intent. The spouse will have come in L1 or H1 and contnue to maintain non-immigrant status till her/his EAD/GC is approved, which could be several years based on the current processing times. Also applying for GC, immediately after landing on a non-immigrant visa might be interpreted as fraud. In short, you can't use L1 or H1 just to enter US.

Last edited by a moderator:
armie said:
It is very hard for the spouse of a GC holder to qaulify for F1 as it has pure non-immigrant intent. The spouse will have come in L1 or H1 and contnue to maintain non-immigrant status till her/his EAD/GC is approved, which could be several years based on the current processing times. Also applying for GC, immediately after landing on a non-immigrant visa might be interpreted as fraud. In short, you can't use L1 or H1 just to enter US.

H1 (I am not sure about L1) is a dual intent visa, as long as you disclose the fact that you have a spouse in the US there is no fraud in this. The only grounds on which a H1 can be rejected is if the employment offer is bogus, suspected fraud (in documentation regarding employment experience, eductaion etc) or on national security reasons.

what if GC holder get engaged to a girl and girl comes to US using F1 or H1 or L1. And than marry in US. Will she be allowed to remain in the US without restriction on travel?

*** said:
what if GC holder get engaged to a girl and girl comes to US using F1 or H1 or L1. And than marry in US. Will she be allowed to remain in the US without restriction on travel?
There are no restrictions as long as the girl maintains her own status.
The debate is if she applies for GC as soon as a she lands in US, did she come to US on a fradulant intent? Most attornies suggest to wait a few months before appling for GC. However, the priroty dates for the spouse of GC holder is few years behind, which means she will have maintain her visa status independly till then. It might sound unfair, but if the primary is H/L/F1 visa holder, the spouse does not have to go through such hardship.

I should have been more clear. What I meant was, girl comes to US and than marry after few months. Than she applies for AOS based on Marriage (basically she gives up her h1 or f1 or l1 status and apply for permanent residence based on spouses GC). Will she be allowed to stay in US or she has to go back to home country till her application is also approved?

I understand fradulent intent, but what if its genuine, like some one comes from home country and meet her life partner here and want to marry him right away. is there no way she will be allowed to stay with her life partner in US?

Please clarify me

Hi all

Thanks for response. I know the current problem for those 3 countries and am also from one those country.I have planned to go to my Home country and get married over there.

The gal whom i planned to marry has valid H1 and also possiblities are there to get L1 shortly. So she can travel either on L1 or H1.Both for work.

My questions are

1. On which Visa she has to come to easy GC process?. H1 or L1 as mine is Approved.

2. Should i file her GC as Primary or dependent?

3. To apply as dependent do you have any idea what are the restrictions ?

OR

Should i ask her to come here on any Visa and get married , then apply for GC?

I want to know the easiest way to get GC for her :-(

Thanks

armyman said:
On which Visa she has to come to easy GC process?. H1 or L1 as mine is Approved.

Either status is fine. The H can last for six years, whereas the L-1B will only last five.

Should i file her GC as Primary or dependent?

You will file an I-130 for her. Once it is approved and her priority date is current (around 2010) she will file her I-485 as a primary applicant.