I passed the exam and still received re-exam notice, Please help

At this point, what I can say is write them as I explained before if it is some sort of error, schedule an InfoPass, and prepare for a re-test. At least one of all three has to pay off guaranteed because it really does not make any sense to pass a test and receive a letter to retest no matter how many people have received this before. Logically, nobody should receive such a letter to retest something they already confirmed you passed even if its because you had to mail in a requirement that has nothing to do with the civics test or anything else that they couldn't have asked you at the original interview.

Thanks jayoa. I am going to do both infopass and write them as well. I will post here what I find. I must say this is painful.

Yes

But when I called USCIS 800 number, they said they only have one template.
In other words it's a generic letter. Don't worry, you won't have to do the civics test again. They have it on file that you already passed that portion.
It's likely 2nd interview request (aka re-examination) is to go over any issues about your criminal history (although negative) now that they have your police clearance records and to have you answer under oath the question on N-400.

I think setting an appointment with uscis is probably a good idea. Hopefully they'll be able to sort out what exactly is going on. Sounds like clerical error to me.

In other words it's a generic letter. Don't worry, you won't have to do the civics test again. They have it on file that you already passed that portion.
It's likely 2nd interview request (aka re-examination) is to go over any issues about your criminal history (although negative) now that they have your police clearance records and to have you answer under oath the question on N-400.

Thanks! I really hope so. But it still sucks that I will have to wait for 2 more months just say yes everything on my application is correct.

I think setting an appointment with uscis is probably a good idea. Hopefully they'll be able to sort out what exactly is going on. Sounds like clerical error to me.

Thanks! I hope it is. I really hope they can sort out when I go to the appointment on Tuesday (I got Infopass appointment). What a mess!

I have not read about anyone that has found an InfoPass appointment to be of any help; they simply tell you in person what they do over the phone. I guess you can do both an InfoPass and write them.

That's not true. The folks sitting at the front desk at the local CIS office can give you the most detailed and up-to-date information about your case (assuming you applied without an attorney), at least that's true for me. I was asked to submit additional documents after my interview and I learned my application passed the final approval about 45 days later via an Infopass appointment (she even told me specifically which day my application was approved) BEFORE the oath letter reached my mailbox one month after the Infopass appointment.

The folks on the other end of the 1-800 # know only what you know (SERIOUSLY), and that's all they can tell you. So they are flat out useless.

With that said, I highly recommend you to get an Infopass appointment and best of luck to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I went with infopas appointment today. The first person I spoke to forward me to the officer who took my interview. That officer told me that i should ignore re-exam appointment and it was sent by error (wow!). But he didn't give me any confirmation on when would I get the reply, He said I should here from USCIS soon about my case..

Now waiting game begins!

This is a real mess. I wish they handle this little better.

That's not true. The folks sitting at the front desk at the local CIS office can give you the most detailed and up-to-date information about your case (assuming you applied without an attorney), at least that's true for me. I was asked to submit additional documents after my interview and I learned my application passed the final approval about 45 days later via an Infopass appointment (she even told me specifically which day my application was approved) BEFORE the oath letter reached my mailbox one month after the Infopass appointment.

The folks on the other end of the 1-800 # know only what you know (SERIOUSLY), and that's all they can tell you. So they are flat out useless.

With that said, I highly recommend you to get an Infopass appointment and best of luck to you.

Well, I repeat that I am yet to read one that gives any tangible information on an InfoPass appointment. Perhaps I have just not read the ones that you have. And I guess this particular one is also perhaps helpful, which may mean I have finally seen an InfoPass appointment that might actually turn out to be helpful.

Update:

After officer told me at the infopass that i need to ignore that letter. Guess what, he was right. I just got the oath date so i am all set.

Just to clarify about infopass, It is helpful. When I spoke to the officer there and told him about my experience with 800 number, he told me they don't know anything. So your only hope is to make infopass appointment. They have the most up to date information on your case.

Thanks everyone who replied. I appreciate your help. This thread can be closed now.