I don't want to separate from my mom, can I adjust my status without leaving her?

dreamer700000

My mom is a Permanent resident and 3 years away from citizenship. My sister is a USC.

I was brought here at 12 on a B2 Tourist visa and have been here since. I was praying that the DREAM Act would pass, but it didn't.

I know either of my 2 family members can petition for me, but I don't want to leave them by themselves, we're very tight knit.

If either of them petitions for me to adjust my status (I'm older than 21, unmarried) do I have to leave the country for the visa application? Could I have a work permit while the process is happening?

Can I work while I wait for a visa number, or only after?

For your illegal presence, you have a 10 year ban. The sooner you leave, the sooner you can return. There is not way you will receive a work permit while you are illegally in the US.

For your illegal presence, you have a 10 year ban. The sooner you leave, the sooner you can return. There is not way you will receive a work permit while you are illegally in the US.

I was hoping that I could go through the visa process while here. Going back isn't an option though.

My mom is a Permanent resident and 3 years away from citizenship. My sister is a USC.

I was brought here at 12 on a B2 Tourist visa and have been here since. I was praying that the DREAM Act would pass, but it didn't.

I know either of my 2 family members can petition for me, but I don't want to leave them by themselves, we're very tight knit.

If either of them petitions for me to adjust my status (I'm older than 21, unmarried) do I have to leave the country for the visa application? Could I have a work permit while the process is happening?

Can I work while I wait for a visa number, or only after?

Please enlighten us all on how this screwed up situation came to exist in the first place.

How did mom get a greencard but you didn't?

How did your sister become a USC?

Please tell us you tale.

Please enlighten us all on how this screwed up situation came to exist in the first place.

How did mom get a greencard but you didn't?

How did your sister become a USC?

Please tell us you tale.

Maybe her mom married a USC, got pregnant, therefore the baby (her sisters) would be a USC... just saying...

I was hoping that I could go through the visa process while here. Going back isn't an option though.

So you you would rather be an ILLEGAL ALIEN? You need to grow up! Being close to your family is not an acceptable excuse to violate a country's laws. It says a lot about your character. I sure hope you don't lure a USC into marrying you for a GC!

They can visit you outside the US and even move there to live with you while you wait.

Well, if you fall in love with a girl, and she marries you, she could sponsor you and you would get your green card. Am I right?

Your only option is to marry a US Citizen.....and then file for your Green Card, without leaving US or else you may face a 10 year ban.