I became a U.S. Citizen

Cl_Asylee

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

First at all, I apologize to those who do not like Citizenship threads in this forum. But, this has been my forum for more than 5 years and I do not like to post anywhere else. Besides that, here is all the people I appreciate.

Second, thanks to all the wonderful people I have found here. I decided not to name one by one because for sure I will miss some. So, if Cl_Asylee sounds familiar to you, you are part of the ones I am talking about.

Third, today at noon I had my oath ceremony. There were 44 people becoming citizens including me from 22 different countries. I was there at 12:30 p.m. and was out at 2:30 p.m. It was a nice and quick ceremony with nice, beautiful and happy people.

I am very happy to be a U.S. Citizen now. And I wish good luck to all people waiting for asylum, permanent resident and U.S. Citizenship. It took me 7 years and 10 months to become a U.S. Citizen since I came to this country. So, for you that came after me, it will take less time now.

Thanks all and good luck. I will continue visiting the forum as usual. It is a habit every day.

Cl_Asylee

Hi all,

First at all, I apologize to those who do not like Citizenship threads in this forum. But, this has been my forum for more than 5 years and I do not like to post anywhere else. Besides that, here is all the people I appreciate.

Second, thanks to all the wonderful people I have found here. I decided not to name one by one because for sure I will miss some. So, if Cl_Asylee sounds familiar to you, you are part of the ones I am talking about.

Third, today at noon I had my oath ceremony. There were 44 people becoming citizens including me from 22 different countries. I was there at 12:30 p.m. and was out at 2:30 p.m. It was a nice and quick ceremony with nice, beautiful and happy people.

I am very happy to be a U.S. Citizen now. And I wish good luck to all people waiting for asylum, permanent resident and U.S. Citizenship. It took me 7 years and 10 months to become a U.S. Citizen since I came to this country. So, for you that came after me, it will take less time now.

Thanks all and good luck. I will continue visiting the forum as usual. It is a habit every day.

Cl_Asylee

Let me be the first one to congratulate you. I surely remember you from past years.
Good luck and congrats again.

Hi all,

Cl_Asylee

Congrats Cl_Asylee. I'm so happy for you. You are free now. Enjoy freedom.
Atique.

Congratulations Cl_Aslyee!

You might not recognize my ID, but I have been following your posts since 5 years ago, when we (and a lot of us) were waiting for green card. Since my I-485 notice date was very close to yours, I paid extra attention to your posts. You got your GC in April 06 (didn't you?) and I got mine just two weeks later. 3 years and 9 months later, when I saw your posts about applying naturalization, I was like, hey it's time for Cl_Aslyee to file N-400, then my time is up as well. : )

Congrats again and thanks for your contribution to this forum!

Day 0 (01/11/2010): N-400 mailed
Day 99 (04/20/2010): Oath Letter received
Day 114(05/05/2010): Oath date

Last edited by a moderator:
just came back to work... felicitaciones atrazadas!!!!! enjoy freedom. and thank you for your help all the time!!!! really appreciated

Thanks a lot Tributeblinky, Atique, Assylum, Omnithink, Singh6, JohnSmith 1, A****t19 and Dfvm.

Omnithink, Yes I got my GC at the end of March-2006. I am glad you already applied. Wish you good luck.

Dfvm, I am happy your check had been cashed. Good luck. You will get your citizen very soon.