I am so confused

whatagc

Registered Users (C)
Hi

Please any body tell me what is happenning to me.

I applied for GC concurrently in january, till now i haven't received my EAD.

Timings

I-140/1-485/i-765
RD 01/13/2003

FP
03/11/2003
I-140
AD: 05/06/2003
EAD
AD: 06/02/2003

after a month time i received a letter from BCIS saying that there are no photographs, so i mailed my recent ADIT photographs, and after one month i called BCIS regarding my EAD card, as the person who talked to me said , they are going to look after my case, and after a month i received a letter from BCIS saying i enquired so and so date and my application processing time is with in 60-90 days time, so i need to call them after 90 days,

i am so confused about that letter, i don't have any idea what they are trying to say to me.

As per my situation , I desparately need a EADl, So please sombody tell me what can i do in this situaiton,

Its almost 10 months i applied for EAD still i haven't received my EAD(card) yet,
By the way , center is vermont

Thanks

I don't know what is happening to you, but can take a guess as to what is happening to your case. ;)

For anybody to understand what the letter says, it would have been better if you copied/wrote exactly what it contained rather than attempt to paraphrase it. And it probably doesn't mean much except the BCIS just informing you that some inquiry was made on the application and when action can be expected by BCIS on the matter of the inquiry -- something BCIS might routinely be sending for many inquiries.

Because it has been more than 90 days since you filed for your EAD, you do qualify for the interim EAD by walking into your nearest INS office. Just call the local office and ask them what their procedure for issuing it is....can you just walk in? do you need an appointment? what documents do you need to bring in? etc.

As compared to feeling confusion and panic, try a little reading around and research....believe me, they have been found to be much more effective in the long run. :)

Cheers,
greeksocrates

Hi
Thanks for reply,
I felt the same as greeksocrates. that 60-90 days could be regarding my enquiry,

and also regarding the suggestion about go to local office and get the IEAD, Is it ok to go to local office for IEAD after EAD has been approved by BCIS????

I heard we can get IEAD only if it is not approved by BCIS and it has been more than 90 days from applied!!!!!!!!!

So what is the policy of iEAD in any of local offices????

Any how as you guys suggested i am going to give a try.

But please clarify me regarding polocies of local offices
regarding IEAD???

Thanks again

EAD approved and you did not receive your EAD is that your problem? Why dont you state that upfront buddy?
Ok , call the 1800 number and register a complaint about EAD not received (after verifying the address).
If the EAD has been returned by post office, you can complain to USPS and request BCIS to send the EAD again.
If the EAD was never received by you, register the complaint and request for a replacement card.
Also try the nearest district or sub office to try your luck...
AD- is sometimes acknowledgement date...

suggestion please

Hi jaxen

please tell me , in my case while i am trying to get the EAD plastic card, can i work on the basis of Online approval message!!
presently i cannot work on H1B, EAD is only the way to work.

Thanks in advance

whatagc,

You CANNOT work based on your online approval - You need to have a physical card. I suggest you do as per jaxen's advice. Check with the local and sub postoffice. Plus go to the local CIS office and get an iEAD. Also write to the CIS regarding the non-receipt of your card. And also call the 1-800 number and lodge a complaint of the non-receipt.

Getting the iEAD should be priority since that can help you to start work, given the fact that your H1 has expired.

-MrCoolz

Once your case approved, you can work legally,
If you really need to work, just print out online status and keep receipt with you.
I don't think you need EAD physically with you. In the mean time you can fight with BCIS to get actual EAD card
---------------------------------------

I am not a lawyer nor attorney, It is only a friendly advice and don’t take it as legal advice. For more info contact your lawyer.

But say for example if you have passed Driver License test you are able to drive based upon letter you get from examiner. Similar way it might be possible to work without physical card. This is just my thought. We are not having current documentation on this. May be Rajiv or Sheel Murthy

Please also remember that BCIS online status is always not correct. All know what happened few weeks later(30-60 days processing for I-485 online status), and it can change any time and you can’t sue BCIS for wrong online status of any petitions.

My friend who crossed more than 1year after I-140 approval and later filed I-485, got EAD AP approved checked his I-140 status to use AC21 and he was shocked to know that BCIS online status showed that I-40 has been Revoked and they mailed a letter. Employer never sent letter to Revoke it. Then immediately he filed new LC through other employer, he again checked I-140 status after a month it is now showing I-140 Approved.

I agree with GCNC that most of companies will ask physical EAD but If they won’t, he can legally work only if he sure that his EAD approved.

Hi ginnu

I agree with you as BCIS online message is not always perfect, but in my case ,
I received the letter from BCIS regarding my photographs(rafter the online message EAD has been approved! ),

I sent photographs with in the time that BCIS mentioned in the letter, So that means my case was really approved!!!

so please give me any suggestions get the plastic card (EAD) from BCIS.

Thanks in advance

Get IEAD

Go to local BCIS office show your I-765 receipt pending for more than 90 days, you get IEAD then and there. Its that simple. Dont talk about whether it is approved online and plastic card not arrived etc etc.. From the receipt date if 90 days passed you are eligible to get interim EAD. Thats all you need right... Why waiting Go and get it !!!!

MSR01 is correct, go and get iEAD from local office or wait for the EAD Card from service center