• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I am now a legal permant resident of the United States.

alemitmee

Registered Users (C)
I am not one for starting threads but I have been looking forward to starting this one for 14 months now.

As of about 16.05 gmt today I am officially a legal permant resident of the US.

I have to say that I never thought I would ever be able to say that! I am still somewhat in shock,I was convinced even right up till I got my passport with the visa in it that something would go wrong!
It did not go wrong,my visa was issued with no major issues.

I am out in the city at the moment having a few well deserved beers, so I am posting this from my trusty N95.
I will give a full report here of my interview for every ones reference when I get to a computer.

I also have a long list of people to thank on this forum.

For now though its beer beer beer! I will talk to you all soon!

-Alex

I am not one for starting threads but I have As of about 16.05 gmt today I am officially a legal permant resident of the US.

Congratulations :) , Please as soon as you are able, share us your interview from A to Z, as we used from you in your great previous posts, all the best in your new life in USA.

Just home from the beers! :) it was great!, cant believe I am coming to the US! have looked at the visa in my passport about a thousand times already!

I will post thanks and interview details tomorrow!

thanks so much for all your kind messages, you have all been my sanity over the last 14 months!

I have already booked my flight for 3rd of sep 2008 into Dulles international! It’s the first ever one way flight to the US I have ever booked, how scary is that! I will have to wait till then as I have to attend two weddings here in Ireland in august before I go!

but flights booked, and USA I am on the way!

Oh yea and I enjoyed a bottle of champagne at a swanky Dublin hotel tonight in celebration!

Well its not every day you get a green card! :)

- Al

WELL DONE!!! YAYAYAYAY so great to read your good news!

My flight was the first one way flight I had booked too!! I arrive in NY on the 2nd August.

Great times ahead... again - CONGRATS!!

GONGRATS ALEX, and yes when you get the green all your life turn out to GREEN, BEERS dude, cheers.... and hopefuly the rest of us will get as lucky as you, and join the AMERICAN DREAM...

CONGRATS AGAIN MAN...

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Congrats! I have also just booked my first one way flight to the US for 13 November. It is scary. Looking forward to hearing all about the port of entry.