• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I am now a legal permant resident of the United States.

I wonder that a one way was cheaper than a return ticket :confused:

Ticket was €260. (what’s that about $400?) Not bad, Dublin direct to DC :) the off peak season starts the first week of September. The flights are €500 each way during August.

Aerlingus let you book each leg of your flight separately; it’s kind of like a budget airline booking system so its all good.

Congratulations,
You can now heave a sign of big relief after a long wait of over 1 year of waiting and suspense.
I can see that the visa was also issued on your passport in same day of interview at the embassy. They must be really quick and efficient over there.
Good luck in the US.

I am not one for starting threads but I have been looking forward to starting this one for 14 months now.

As of about 16.05 gmt today I am officially a legal permant resident of the US.

I have to say that I never thought I would ever be able to say that! I am still somewhat in shock,I was convinced even right up till I got my passport with the visa in it that something would go wrong!
It did not go wrong,my visa was issued with no major issues.

I am out in the city at the moment having a few well deserved beers, so I am posting this from my trusty N95.
I will give a full report here of my interview for every ones reference when I get to a computer.

I also have a long list of people to thank on this forum.

For now though its beer beer beer! I will talk to you all soon!

-Alex

A big congratulations to you. It has been a while since I have been on the site and I was so happy for you to see that the wait and suspense is finally over. Welcome to the US!!

Well done mate!
I actually thought your interview was yesterday and I wanted to check how it went.

I think I will be switching my interview to Dublin as I will probably be home by then. How was the interview?

Looks like its a good time to be leaving there also..

All the best!

Well done mate!
I actually thought your interview was yesterday and I wanted to check how it went.

I think I will be switching my interview to Dublin as I will probably be home by then. How was the interview?

Looks like its a good time to be leaving there also..

All the best!

I have promised to post up details of my interview, which I have not done yet, I will as soon as I get some time. I have been very busy at work the last week.
Ireland is officially in recession. They reckon emigration will hit an all time high next year for the first time since the 80’s.
Great time to be going …..
I know things may be slow in the US but they will always be better over there then here no matter how bad things get.

HEy, alemitmee its really great to know that youre on..Im really happy for you man. Just to remind you, the beer that you talk about : its completely diffrent in the USA.

Congratulation. What a relief: it's a great feeling.

So the GC arrives in the mail a few weeks after entering the US.

Does anyone know what validity it carries?

I understand it's 10 years but I also read that it's 2 years initially and then the following GC is 10 years.

congratulation hope mine is will go without problems to my interview is arround fırst week of october and waıtıng for 2. nl i hope i ll be New York in november..
:D

gc is life time 10 years is just for card validity 2 years validity is for conditional cards