I am no Terrorist, any advice?

Hi all,

Please note that the cases that we have been witnessing being approved in this forum, are only a fraction of recently approved cases.
My attorney informed me of a few of his clients whose applications have been also approved after many years on hold.

I strongly believe that this wave of approvals is the result of the LGE exemption that was issued in the summer of 2012.

We are yet to see the impact of this very latest exemption! I anticipate that implementation of this last waiver, will result in massive
approvals covering every one of us in this forum. We just have to wait a bit longer. Hang in there!

Congratulations HBA!! This is great news, I'm very happy for you. When did you apply for GC? Did you send any request to UCIS Ombudsman' office to review and forward your case recently?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations HBA!! This is great news, I'm very happy for you. When did you apply for GC? Did you send any request to UCIS Ombudsman' office to review and forward your case recently?

I applied for my GC in 2003. No I did not send any request for Ombudsman. I was told by attorney the party that my case was associated and put on hold “OLF” was removed from the list early this year.

I wash everyone all the best!

This is very interesting that your attorney informed you about 'OLF' exception. I'd like to speak to your attorney and see if there is an exemption for 'MQM', because, I cannot find any updates to the exemption list from 2012. I know there was some chatter in early 2012 about submitting an exemption, since then Secretary Napolitano has been replaced, and I'm not sure who is who.. Thanks HBA!

This is very interesting that your attorney informed you about 'OLF' exception. I'd like to speak to your attorney and see if there is an exemption for 'MQM', because, I cannot find any updates to the exemption list from 2012. I know there was some chatter in early 2012 about submitting an exemption, since then Secretary Napolitano has been replaced, and I'm not sure who is who.. Thanks HBA!

I think the best person to contact about exemption will be melanie.nezer@hias.org she is a wonderful person. She always emails back and she has the most updated list. You can also ask her specific group too.

I think the best person to contact about exemption will be melanie.nezer@hias.org she is a wonderful person. She always emails back and she has the most updated list. You can also ask her specific group too.

I had posted this email in the past I am not sure if you had chance to look at it but, it looks like OLF and MQM where submitted to DHS at the same time January 2012
You should hear something very soon. Please make sure to email Melanie.

We met with USCIS earlier this month and there have been some modest positive developments. That said, DHS continues to be moving extremely slowly, despite the fact that the U.S. government pledged to UNHCR that they would clear all cases and revisit some of their current legal interpretations (for example, what constitutes “material” support) by the end of 2012. Please note that these are not official notes from the meeting, just what I understood and wrote down during the meeting, the acronyms for groups may not all be correct:

The Secretary of Homeland Security signed an exemption for the KLA on June 5, 2012. Currently 59 KLA cases are on hold.

The government’s interagency working group has recommended exemptions for the following groups (this means that these groups now need to be cleared through the DHS Secretary’s office, there is no indication how long this will take, but USCIS did say they expected some of these to be signed by September):
· Pending at DHS since 2011
FMLN/Arena
DEMLEK
ELF
EPRP
TPLF
NDA (includes Umma Party between 1995-1997)
· Submitted to DHS between January-March 2012
o OLF
o Iraqi Uprising
o MQM
The interagency working group is considering making recommendations for exemptions for:
Burmese groups: The Awami League, BMP, others
Ethiopian & Eritrean groups: EPLF, COEDF, EDU, EPDM/Amhara National Democratic Movement, EPRDF, ESDL, WSLF, GPLM, KPF, OALF, SLF, UDPLF, possibly others
Bangladeshi groups
SPLA/M
· The following groups are no longer considered Tier III:
· Armenian Revolutionary Federation (Dash-Nak) after 1986
· The April 19th Movement (Colombian) – after February 1990
· MLC ( Congo ) after March 2007
· PCN (a defunct political party from El Salvador ) between 1967 and 1979
· National Movement of Iranian Resistance after September 1984
· Forum for Restoration of Democracy in Kenya
· UDPCI ( Cote d’Ivore)
· Los Pepes (Pablo Escobar) - Tier III Group only from January to November 1993, not a Tier III group any other time
· The interagency group is considering a timeline/tiered exemption for the AFRC ( Sierra Leone ), Fatah, Tahreek e Jarfaria ( Pakistan ), Al Jabah Al Watanya, Gin Bot 7, Akramiya.
DHS is setting up a website where information about 212a2b cases will be available in one place. They plan to have this live by June, 2012. In the meantime, inquires about cases can be sent to trigquery@uscis.dhs.gov.
· No cases have been denied pursuant to the November 20th Revised Guidance on Hold Policy
There was a good article on the TRIG issue in April:

http://www.citypages.com/2012-04-25/news/the-terrorists-next-door/
I will try to respond to your emails as quickly as I can, but please be patient. Our next meeting with DHS is on September 13. Again, I am sorry you are all going through this, I hope you will all have green cards and be reunited with family very soon.
Best wishes,
Melanie
Melanie Nezer
Senior Director, US Policy and Advocacy
HIAS
1775 K St. NW #320
Washington, DC 20006
direct 202-212-6025
fax 202-212-6001
http://www.hias.org/

Got my GC yesterday it was backdated March 2013 I waited for 11 years. I hope everybody is considering class action law suit to expedite our citizenship. Most of us have been waiting for over a decade. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, Congratulations to everyone who recently received approval notices or green cards. I am sure that its one big headache out of your lives.

Secondly, I want to thank all those members who despite getting approved, are still sticking around this forum to render any help they can provide to the rest of us.

Lastly, I have a request.

Now in the past when I had requested service, I had gotten this reply every time for the longest time:

"Your case is on hold because you appear to be inadmissible under §212(a)(3)(B) of the INA, and USCIS currently has no authority not to apply the inadmissibility ground(s) to which you appear to be subject. Rather than denying your application based on inadmissibility, we are holding adjudication in abeyance while the Department of Homeland Security considers additional exercises of the Secretary of Homeland Security’s discretionary exemption authority. Such an exercise of the exemption authority might allow us to approve your case."

However, the following is the reply I received in response to my last service request dated 2/24/14:

"We are actively processing your application. However, we have to perform additional review of the case which will require additional time. If you have not received a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months after the receipt of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below."

???

Have they taken my case off the hold?

What does additional review mean?

Has anyone else received a similar reply?

Any thoughts... I would appreciate any input

Best regards.

Yes from October 2005 (when I first received this reply) to February 2009 I repeatedly received this reply and then in I believe November 2012 I received this reply again. In interim I received the reply "Your case is on hold because you appear to be inadmissible under §212(a)(3)(B) of the INA, and USCIS currently has no authority not to apply the inadmissibility ground(s) to which you appear to be subject. Rather than denying your application based on inadmissibility, we are holding adjudication in abeyance while the Department of Homeland Security considers additional exercises of the Secretary of Homeland Security’s discretionary exemption authority. Such an exercise of the exemption authority might allow us to approve your case."

Notice,I also received the same response for many years and March 28, 2013 exactly a year from today here what happened
“My status was on post decision activity for many years and today it looks like went backward to initial review. I am not sure if that is good news or not. Please let me know what you think” Posted March 28, 2013 if you want to read the full information.
Here I am a year later with my GC. I believe that your case is being actively handled right now. Give it few months before you hear back from USCIS. I only see a positive outcome.
Good luck!
HBA

Thanks Hecate and HBA, I appreciate your input. My status however remains the same "decision" stage, where it has been since 02/2008 when my case was denied. It was reopened in may 2008 and put on hold. My LUD was last updated 12/05/2009.

Hello All!

welcome to new forum!!

Anyone interested in Writ Of Mandamus for pending I485 applications based on Asylum Status.... in California area.. Preferably in southern California region??

If someone is genuinely interested, please send me an e-mail. We have a very / very knowledgeable attorney for 212-a-3-b (pending cases) and we are about to file a collective writ for about 4 people in the same situation (being placed on hold)..... the more people we will have for the Writ the stronger and perhaps reasonably priced the case........

Since LGE was passed, there is a very strong case to get the pending i485's get processed.....

So if seriously interested, shoot me an e-mail at : mfak1@yahoo.com

Thank you all!
May God Bless!

Hello All!

THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS AND VERY URGENT MESSAGE TO THIS PARTICULAR PAGE'S AUDIENCE, SO PLEASE READ!!!!!!!

welcome to new forum!!

Anyone interested in Writ Of Mandamus for pending I485 applications based on Asylum Status.... in California area.. Preferably in southern California region??

If someone is genuinely interested, please send me an e-mail. We have a very / very knowledgeable attorney for 212-a-3-b (pending cases) and we are about to file a collective writ for about 4 people in the same situation (being placed on hold)..... the more people we will have for the Writ the stronger and perhaps reasonably priced the case........

Since LGE was passed, there is a very strong case to get the pending i485's get processed.....

So if seriously interested, shoot me an e-mail at : mfak1@yahoo.com

Thank you all!
May God Bless!

I have been following (visually) this forum / page, since its inception. I know that a few of older people on the forum have gotten their Greencards after waiting for a long time and I also understand that many of you are still waiting to hear back from Immigration to processes your all (over decade long pending) applications. I also know that the latest LGE was passed almost 2 years ago and nothing of any significance has been done to especially cases that are pending on presumably TierIII un-designated material support barred cases. So this good lawyer in Southern California region is willing to help to perhaps push USCIS - DHS via a Collective / Group writ of Mandamus - with more or less similar situational problems (slightly different than a Class Action Lawsuit), to ask USCIS - DHS to start processing these 212 (a) (3) (b), pending cases because material support to TierIII barred twisted logic, solely based of Limited General Exemption!! God knows when will the remaining exemptions be issued and on top of that when would the immigration start processing those cases.

I am also getting this attorney's guidance and along with me are other 3 to 4 candidates pursuing the Writ. So please, once again, this is an URGENT matter, if someone is genuinely interested, reach out to me at : mfak1@yahoo.com and lets get these problems over with.

I know that Melanie Nezar and Anwen Hughes from both of their respective organizations have been attending USCIS quarterly meetings and have been instrumental providing updates from USCIS quarterly meeting... but nothing and I mean nothing substantial has been done other than just sitting and waiting for USCIS to drag us all around more and more.......

So here I am offering you all something that has some substance. This attorney has had attended many of such meetings and is well versed in what the problems are. It is definitely worth a very GOOD shot!! better than sitting and waiting for another eternity.

So shoot me an e-mail and will definitely be able to help you all!!

Thank you!
May God Bless!

I've been posting this email response from Melanie, but I couldn't see it in any place in this forum. Any way, Do you guys have any Idea, as to how long it will take, a decision to be registered in to federal registry and be in to effect?. Thank you for any idea!!!

Melanie Nezer
To Me
Apr 8
Good timing! At a USCIS meeting today, USCIS announced exemptions for OLF, the EPRP, and

TPLF today, they’ll be officially published soon. The OLF exemption only applies to people who already have refugee or asylum status or are filing I-730s, the others apply to asylum seekers and refugee applicants as well. The exemption applies to material support, soliciting funds or members, and military type training.

Hello All!

THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS AND VERY URGENT MESSAGE TO THIS PARTICULAR PAGE'S AUDIENCE, SO PLEASE READ!!!!!!!

welcome to new forum!!

Anyone interested in Writ Of Mandamus for pending I485 applications based on Asylum Status.... in California area.. Preferably in Southern California region??

So if seriously interested, shoot me an e-mail at :mfak1@yahoo.com

I have been following (visually) this forum / page, since its inception. I know that a few of older people on the forum have gotten their Greencards after waiting for a long time and I also understand that many of you are still waiting to hear back from Immigration to processes your all (over decade long pending) applications. I also know that the latest LGE was passed almost 2 years ago and nothing of any significance has been done to especially cases that are pending on presumably TierIII un-designated material support barred cases. So this good lawyer in Southern California region is willing to help to perhaps push USCIS - DHS via a Collective / Group writ of Mandamus - with more or less similar situational problems (slightly different than a Class Action Lawsuit), to ask USCIS - DHS to start processing these 212 (a) (3) (b), pending cases because material support to TierIII barred twisted logic, solely based of Limited General Exemption!! God knows when the remaining exemptions will be issued and on top of that when would the immigration start processing those cases?

I am also getting this attorney's guidance and along with me are other 3 to 4 candidates pursuing the Writ. So please, once again, this is an URGENT matter, if someone is genuinely interested, reach out to me at :mfak1@yahoo.com let’s get these problems over with!!

I know that Melanie Nezar and Anwen Hughes from both of their respective organizations have been attending USCIS quarterly meetings and have been instrumental providing updates from USCIS quarterly meeting... but nothing and I mean nothing substantial has been done other than just sitting and waiting for USCIS to drag us all around more and more.......

So here I am offering you all something that has some substance. This attorney has had attended many of such meetings and is well versed in what the problems are. It is definitely worth a very GOOD shot!! Better than sitting and waiting for another eternity.

So shoot me an e-mail and will definitely be able to help you all!!

I AM REACHING OUT TO YOU ALL AGAIN… SPECIFICLLY TO THOSE WHO HAVE NOT GOTTEN ANY CLEARANCE / EXEMPTION FROM USCIS / DHS YET AND MAY NOT BE GETTING ANY IN ANOTHER LONGER PERIOD OF TIME… Remember that (LGE - Limited General Exemption) is out there (since august 2012 – almost 2 years ago) and who knows when USCIS will get the secretary’s signature on all those other pending parties / cases. So please, ONCE AGAIN, please consider my request and if it makes sense, reach out to me…. Doing something substantial, legal and forceful (in this case - specially in the light of LGE) is better, than sitting and waiting for God knows how long !?!?! After a very long (years of research), finally gotten a trustful lawyer, who is knowledgeable, honest and resourceful enough in the area of [212 (a) (3) (b) ] cases and is finally willing to do something about this. It means reaching out to the Federal court and on the basis of LGE, willing to file a group / collective Writ of Mandamus (not a class action law suit) - to ask USCIS to finally start processing the pending cases (at least for those who file the Writ BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!)….. One again if interested, shoot me an e-mail!!! It is extremly URGENT!!

My e-mail is: mfak1@yahoo.com

Thank you!
May God Bless!

Last edited: