I am no Terrorist, any advice?

totallylost,there is a post on this forum(from gabralla1976) about filing through spouse,and I think according to the poster,he went for the inteview and the officer told him he has to request his old I485 and get back to him in 2 weeks.He has been absent now from this forum for a while,I don't know if he finally got approved or not.

Oh my God I'm sitting with tears all over me I'm denied everything my situation now is i do not know if I can be with my family any more splitting is in progress .
Are you telling me that i can go ahead and file for adjustment again ,I already had my relative petition approved 2 years ago the I-130 I guess not sure or I -131 something like that

To hecate why would it take 7 years so is it only matter of years but not matter of inadmissibility or in other word if we applied to adjust thorough marriage would the USCIS come back and say we are inadmissible any way please if some one knows any post in this forum regarding this matter please post the link here .Also is there any way I could acquire immigration status in Canada

If you read carefully it informs "The problem with adjudicating your Form I-485 is based on the regulations for that form only", I don't quite understand exactly what impact it would have as it is for that form only, since I am over 21 it would take 7 years through my parents in my case, if in that time I don't get my green card through my I-485 I may get it through my parents, if I am denied then I will be able to come into the USA after my call for interview, this sucks, I am not interested in that option.
Your process should be much quicker as you are on spousal petition, please understand you are not denied it will just prolong it until USCIS use waiver, don't freak out.
I have been living in this country for over 17 years, without even a parking ticket with a clean record and still waiting, my parents are US citizens since long but they did not inform me any thing until I took my third medical and second request for evidence in September 2009.
if you go to "ciccanada" web site you may be able to get more info on Canadian immigration website.
Please understand I am not an immigration expert and information is based as I understand to my knowledge.
Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
totallylost, You can consult a lawyer at least you know your options now, be sure to talk to a right attorney, I have wasted quite a lot of money with attorneys, all giving wrong advices, and charging appointment fees and later apologizing and charging again or blaming it on the wind.

I payed an attorney a couple of month back he was not open about what he did but he filed for something and he told me this is going to be fixed I was so naive but what happened is the USCIS asked for evidence and the attorney send me to do medical exam i did that and the USCIS responded that the proof of evidence is received and a decision will be made within 60 days in April the attorney paralegal guy called me and told me that the USCIS sent a letter saying that they are waiting for the DHS to exercise the exemption bla bla bla ......... i asked him to mail this letter to me he did not and he stopped answering my calls not only that but he also disconnected his office phone this attorney is in DC

Dear All
I am totally in frustration as the DC attorney Thomas Ragland preferred to persue our cases on individual bases . His argument is there are asylees out there who are willing to wait for the longer it takes and would be harmed from compelling the DHS to make a decision in a class action lawsuit and hence we cannot represent the whole class of those applying for a GC and on hold because of 212(A) 3 (B).He asked me for 5 grants as a retainer and it may go higher. I have not replied but would like to share this information with you and possibly seek other option as one body.I am preparing a letter with argument against Mr. Igor statment in the refugee protection hearing in the capitol Hill . I know thats not going to make any difference but for the time being I don't see any legal way out with these expensive attorney and no guaranteed results. Need your ideas please.

well let me tell you I payed a lawyer in DC who had me do the medical exam and the USCIS resumed my case now they came to the final statement waiting for the DHS exercise of exemption

I payed an attorney a couple of month back he was not open about what he did but he filed for something and he told me this is going to be fixed I was so naive but what happened is the USCIS asked for evidence and the attorney send me to do medical exam i did that and the USCIS responded that the proof of evidence is received and a decision will be made within 60 days in April the attorney paralegal guy called me and told me that the USCIS sent a letter saying that they are waiting for the DHS to exercise the exemption bla bla bla ......... i asked him to mail this letter to me he did not and he stopped answering my calls not only that but he also disconnected his office phone this attorney is in DC
Exactly the same thing happened to me, I also got the notice for 60 days, I had not seen my son since October 2006, I was so happy I did not sleep all night, not even for one second, later I got the same thing for exercise of authority 212 a 3 b of the ina.
When I used to hear the terrorist thing I used to be mad at people so violent, but now I feel sorry for them since I know some, most or may be all of them are innocent like you, me and all others on this forums.
If you think it was your attorney who helped you find out the status, I don't think it made any difference because of you attorney, that is what asylum program told me, it is a certain stage after certain requirements (no one knows, it is a national security reason) and then a certain other issues and after that they inform us, no one can change their process not even a congressman or a senator, they are lip tight with disclosing info until certain God knows what is achieved prior disclosing the fact of 212 a 3 b my senator's office after a very good PR in DC in March 2007 disclosed me the fax saying some thing like my case is pending guidance from H.O and we can not adjudicate this case until we receive the guidance, so basically they had me wait for all that time and now they told me about 212 a 3 b, I would speculate that some thing may have moved them to disclose the applicants that the cases are on hold, I believe the lawyers so far with these issues are useless and waste of money, we have also moved a class action but nothing so far.

Dear All
I am totally in frustration as the DC attorney Thomas Ragland preferred to persue our cases on individual bases . His argument is there are asylees out there who are willing to wait for the longer it takes and would be harmed from compelling the DHS to make a decision in a class action lawsuit and hence we cannot represent the whole class of those applying for a GC and on hold because of 212(A) 3 (B).He asked me for 5 grants as a retainer and it may go higher. I have not replied but would like to share this information with you and possibly seek other option as one body.I am preparing a letter with argument against Mr. Igor statment in the refugee protection hearing in the capitol Hill . I know thats not going to make any difference but for the time being I don't see any legal way out with these expensive attorney and no guaranteed results. Need your ideas please.

He said he will call me tomorrow (Friday). I will post about our conversation after that.

I think he needs to understand that moving as a solo would make no difference or impact on the USCIS decisions

Dear All

Sorry this valuable information is getting buried under our personal owes. No Shytt..when i was being skeptical about joint litigation some didn't like it at all.now here it is . Again, you need a good lawer to tackle your case. a good lawer who is good not just on filling in the blanks on immigration forms but someone who can tackle with USCIS and DHS. someone who can help you present your point and show how the 212 this is a mistake. again, what NepaliAsylee's lawer did is a good example.

Cortaidus , there is no perfect answer to immigration issues unless there is a clear support in the law. my approach for total not individual movement is based on that fact. now being that said I don't know the specifics of Nepaliasylee case or course of action since every case is different , now I can go on my own and tackle the issue as NepaliAsylee did but there is no guarenteed similar outcome for me, you or anybody else in this forum.Unfortionately we cannot wait for the law to change and the USCIS is slow/unwilling to apply the exemptions. so we have to try every possible way including group and single approaches

Justnjust, I agree that we should try to take every possible way, but to indulge on something which lacks logic is a waste of time and brings nothing more than frustration in the future . I am also hurt as everyone in this forum but i just can't believe blindly on some miracle to happen. i don't have expertise on immigration matters but do like to use my experience of life and common sense to judge the things i need to believe or not. and yes my point ditto, every case is different that is why a group litigation is not easy for our cases, you need a good lawer again who's more than filling in the blacks in immigration forms to tackle your individual case. now i don't know where can i file a lawer like that but i'll keep trying. I never opposed the idea of group work but i don't believe somethign massive like lifting all the holds will happen one day suddenly.

Success story

Hello Members of this forum:

You have been an inspiration through all the difficult times. I used to check postings on this forum many times everyday and the ideas and your energy had made me weather through the hard times. My I-485 application was also stuck by the hold but now I’m happy to report that I’m a GC holder.

When I received the hold letter, I googled and found out what it meant then I contacted a lawyer and he basically told me to wait until there is another law or procedure to fix this bar. FYI. I didn’t do anything except for filling out the petition for congress which all of you have done.

The only thing I did different recently is applying for I-765 renewal on 05/2010 since my EAD is about to expires in 3 months. I paid 340.00. This is my 4th EAD renewal and I paid $340 each year, that sucks! But I don’t know if that triggered the review of my case or something else. I did finger printing along with my EAD renewal application last year not but this year.

Background:
I’m from Ethiopia. I was a member of opposition political party, which is participating in a peaceful way (Even the head of the party had visited USA several times). My friends from the same party who have applied at same time period have got their GC in less than a year. I still don’t’ know why I was trapped with this 212 (a)(3)(b) nonsense.

Time Line:
Asylum granted 05/2006
GC filing date: 07/2007 - Nebraska Service center.

After about 6 months of the GC filing date I started to put in service request saying my application is outside the normal processing dates and I was getting the following responses.

“Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below….”

I was getting the above response every 6 months until 08/2009 when I got the below horrible response for my service request.

“Your case is on hold because you appear to be inadmissible under ?212(a)(3)(B) of the INA, and USCIS currently has no authority not to apply the inadmissibility ground(s) to which you appear to be subject….”

With out doing anything, as I told you I just filed for my EAD extention and On 05/28/2010 I got the following email:

“The last processing action taken on your case
Receipt Number: LINxxxxxxxxx
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.”

On 05/31/2010
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Card production ordered.”

6/14/2010
Current Status: Approval notice sent.”

6/17/2010 – GC received.

I didn’t do anything about my case. Sorry I might not have much information but I posted this info if it helps to view the timeline and so that it gives u hope. I was about to request a FICA report to check why was on hold, but before that I got my GC. Guys eventhough I got my GC and you might see me as an outsider now, the lawsuit seems to be a good idea to give attention to this nonsense bar. If they start reviewing the case, I’m sure all of u will get ur GC. Hope the above info helps and keep your hopes high. Good luck to you all.

What can we do forward? Just waiting for getting approval? Give me any advice?
Cortaidus , there is no perfect answer to immigration issues unless there is a clear support in the law. my approach for total not individual movement is based on that fact. now being that said I don't know the specifics of Nepaliasylee case or course of action since every case is different , now I can go on my own and tackle the issue as NepaliAsylee did but there is no guarenteed similar outcome for me, you or anybody else in this forum.Unfortionately we cannot wait for the law to change and the USCIS is slow/unwilling to apply the exemptions. so we have to try every possible way including group and single approaches

Can you tell us whcih lawer did u pay your money in DC? We can know about at least name we can consider forward.
well let me tell you I payed a lawyer in DC who had me do the medical exam and the USCIS resumed my case now they came to the final statement waiting for the DHS exercise of exemption

cortaidus , the whole issue is non logic , some people from my party got their GCs after recieving the hold letter , some have I-730 approved while principal applicant is on hold, while others like you got rejected ,its not a matter of logic , now how to approach this non-sense differs from person to another , what seem non-sense to you might work like a friend of mine today just now recieved his GC and has been waiting since 2004 after he filed for a writ of mandamus a month ag, while others like hope for best asked to withdraw their cases.My idea was to compell an action to these people which should result in some decision that may turn into something positive to all of us and that might have encouraged the people who are pushing to change the current legislation in DC , I guess I might be wrong and you might be right or vice versa but there is no place for logic or common sense or life experience since we all lack experience in this issue . I agree there is no miracle as I agree lack of action will just prolong this hold for as long as it takes for this war on terrorism is over and GOD knows when . every case is different but compelling an action on these cases is the same.Thanks