I-90 Biometrics Appointment?

I got the message my case was received at the Nebraska center. It says it's taking between 190-240 days. Oh brother :(.
I have not received any Bio notice. I was told you can't request the refund until the case has been processed. WHy? I guess so they can determine it's their own damn fault the card is screwed up to begin with. This is so pathetic.
They have had my case since July and the California office sent it to Nebraska in Ocober. I just got the message Nebraska received it on Friday.

bearview said:
We filed for I-90 for my wife as her GC had wrong gender. I have the Receipt notice with a similar message 365-455 days .Only additional line is that we have granted your request for a fee waiver. I guess now there will be an interview for her but no biometrics. We had scheduled an infopass for next week as we wanted to get 551 stamp in PP in the interim.

1. Can the immigration officer treat this infopass as the personal interview for I-90 and take the I-90 process forward.
2. Will the officer give a 551 stamp. We have retained the green card with us as the lawyers office mentioned that it will only have to be returned at the time of interview and not application. I have heard from some people that they do not give a stamp if the GC had already been issued.

3. Independent of this is it ok for us to travel with the GC with wrong gender ( ofcourse with all other supporting docs indicating the right gender and I-90 application and receipt notice).

Any experience/advice on any of the points is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

My status was updated to:
On November 15, 2005, your I90 APPLICATION TO REPLACE ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD was received here for processing. It is taking between 225 and 275 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.
How did you get the fee waiver? Can you please share your process?
Please let me know if you get your stamp through infopass. Thanks

Kris,

I've got biometrics appointment through regular snail mail. And that was a day after I saw an update online. Online message said (and it still is same):
"On November 15, 2005, your I90 APPLICATION TO REPLACE ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD was received here for processing. It is taking between 225 and 275 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

Hope you get yours soon.
Kris73 said:
@adibazz:

Did you also receive the biometrics appointment online or via mail or both?

I'm asking because I live in FL and the postal service is still a nightmare after Hurricane Wilma....I'm afraid that part of my mail gets lost or something...

I-90 application CSC to NSC

Hi All,

Today, I have received a letter from CSC that my application has been tranferred back to NSC. Ho God! INS guys playing football with my I-90 application.

Thanks

GCNSC2004,

Same here. Initially they transferred it to VSC and now they transferred it to Texas center.

I-90 applied on 07/06
Transferred to VSC 10/04
Transferred to TSC 11/17

Case Update

Application Type: I90, APPLICATION TO REPLACE ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD
Current Status:
Your I90 APPLICATION TO REPLACE ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD was received on November 8, 2005. Your request for a waiver of the filing fee has been granted. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 190 and 220 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Any Idea how long would be to go to biometrics after such a massage?
Thank you in advance :)

I-90

Hi cpzinga
I did not request anything. I just send my I-90 with reason “d” with some supporting documents and that was it. And one month later this is the notice I’ve got. I filed I-90 do to wrong adjustment class.
Is that a good thing that they waved my fee?

cpzinga said:
GCNSC2004,

Same here. Initially they transferred it to VSC and now they transferred it to Texas center.

I-90 applied on 07/06
Transferred to VSC 10/04
Transferred to TSC 11/17

Same here. Initially they transferred it to VSC and now they have transferred it to Nerbraska Service Center sayin that it might take up to 400 days......LOL..idiots...did u guys notice how these people treat immigrants....like a piece of shit.....all we are asking for is a replacement card....is that how an american citizen treated when he loses his card (social security card or license)?

CGC said:
Hi cpzinga
I did not request anything. I just send my I-90 with reason “d” with some supporting documents and that was it. And one month later this is the notice I’ve got. I filed I-90 do to wrong adjustment class.
Is that a good thing that they waved my fee?

People who filed earlier this year had to pay a processing fee. Around August or so this year they changed the way things are done and instead if sending the I-90 to California like a lot of us did, you now send it to your processing center. There are a lot of us in limbo with our cases transferred from California to god knows where. Those of us who paid the fee can request it back BUT only after the card is fixed and they determine it was their fault. Then you can request the refund. Be glad you did not have to go through this bullshit. I have been waiting since July for the GC to get fixed and still nothing. The only thing they did was transfer my case to Nebraska in October.
No Biometrics, and all I see is a LUD stating it will take them from 190-240 days more to fix their error. How bloody pathetic. They have already had my case for over 4 months.

The memo showing this was not put out until Sept 8, 2005.
Even though it shows a May 31, 2005 date when the changes were supposed to take place. If they had done this memo in May many people wouldn't be having these problems. I submited my stuff in July and the old directions were what was still being used.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/I-90_050908.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Received Message that letter sent was returned by Post Office

I got an email message from the INS that the written notice (RFE) that they sent was returned by post office and I need to call National Customer Service Center to update the address. We moved in July and I sent AR-11 plus called the 800# to advise them. I think they changed the EAC receipt number for I181 but not the current I90 which has an MSC starting on the receipt (I filed on line). I called NCSC again yesterday and they said they will send request to change it and I shld wait 30 DAYS!!!.

Does anybody know where I can write to have them change the address for my E-Filed I-90 application. I don't even know where my application is. Your help is greatly appreciated. I just wanted to write them so I can have a proof that I really changed the address. I don't trust the person that answered my call at the NCSC.

Wait and Wait!!! I'm getting tired of this. I e-filed the application last May05!! This is because they made a mistake for the 3rd time on the greencard. Unbelievable!!!

Has anyone gotten any news?

After the last notice on 11/16 via email I did not receive anything...

I need to travel next week, thank god I never had to submit my original card!

Thanks for any updates!

got "request for initial evidence"

Hi,
I got a letter from USCIS (TSC) yesterday asking following stuff.
1) make a copy of this letter and green card and keep the copies.
2) attach the incorrect card to the bottom of this letter
3)submit any evidence that shows that it is service error
4)submit two color passport-style photos
5)mail all the stuff above with this letter to the address shown below.

The letter say they will correct the card and send it in 4 weeks.
-nagasng

I-90 submitted in July
1st notice July 19
2nd notice sept 9
3rd notice dec 12

Same here. Got the same letter.

nagasng & SJOrl,

Which Service center has your case?
When did you file your I-90 applications?

Thanks.

cpzinga said:
nagasng & SJOrl,

Which Service center has your case?
When did you file your I-90 applications?

Thanks.

I filed my case at the beginning of Aug. It got transferred to Texas Service Center in Nov.

nagasng said:
Hi,
I got a letter from USCIS (TSC) yesterday asking following stuff.

-nagasng

I-90 submitted in July
1st notice July 19
2nd notice sept 9
3rd notice dec 12

nagasng,
What do you plan to use for #3?
I am planning to use my Driver License and Advance Parole letter. Would that be good enough?

Passport Re-Stamping

Hello Everybody. My wife's passport stamp will expire in Feb 2006. What are the requirements for re-stamping?

Thanks for your help.

acc918 said:
Hello Everybody. My wife's passport stamp will expire in Feb 2006. What are the requirements for re-stamping?

Thanks for your help.

Make an info-pass appointment and take your approval letter and passport.

grunggy said:
Make an info-pass appointment and take your approval letter and passport.

Grunggy,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, we don't have a copy of the approval letter. They took it when she first got her stamp. I have the welcome letters though and I-90 receipt notice and the old greencard.

Will these documents be enough or do we really have to bring the approval letter?

Thanks again.