I-90 Biometrics Appointment?

We got a notice from USCIS with the following info. today.

"USCIS does NOT require applicants who have submitted
I-90 for the following reason to visit ASC for biometric capture:
"D" My card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS
administrative error.

Therefore, you are not required to for bimoetrics appointment."

Hey we got the exact same bloody notice today too.

It says
USCIS does NOT(yes it is bolded and underlined on the notice)
require applicants who have submitted Form I-90 for the following Application Reasons to visist an Application Support Center for biometrics capture:
"B" My authorized card was never received
"D" My card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS error

Therefore you are NOT required to appear for a biometrics appointment. At this time no further action is needed on your part.

Oh yippee. It still says nothing about how they are going to correct card
or confirm data since we applied before the new directions were given.

Last edited by a moderator:
grunggy said:
Hey we got the exact same bloody notice today too.

It says
USCIS does NOT(yes it is bolded and underlined on the notice)
require applicants who have submitted Form I-90 for the following Application Reasons to visist an Application Support Center for biometrics capture:
"B" My authorized card was never received
"D" My card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS error

Therefore you are NOT required to appear for a biometrics appointment. At this time no further action is needed on your part.

Oh yippee. It still says nothing about how they are going to correct card
or confirm data since we applied before the new directions were given.

how many options are outlined and what are they

Got the Notice of Action!!

Well....Finally after 4 months of E-filling I got the letter saying no need of biometrics. But here is the problem...they put someone elses picture in my card...now how they will correct it without my picture? Will they put the same picture...then I will be in ground zero again....well lets see what coming ahead!! :confused:

Just noticed that my notice doesn't show my SSN...it that thet case on everybody elses notice???

Also it says MSC for Service Center...my GC was mailed from the Texas Service Center...what is MSC???? :confused:

already guys..just 5 minutes ago, i joined the bandwagon too....got the same notice....and there is no SSN either...what is going on here.....after 3 months, USCIS is telling us nothing but to sit quite....so confused right now...are they going to send us the card......

i never recieved my card...now technically, uscis has my fingerprints, picture and signature, so they can issue me a new card but my pic was ofcourse submitted 6 months ago...an i guess uscis always asks for pics not older than 6 months....i am just confused...uscis is not saying that we will mail you the card...all they are saying that at this point, no futher action is required......it means they are evaluating our cases and they will make a decision.....please keep us posted....

My online status updated saying that the mail was returned. I dont know what USCIS is upto. We have been living at this address for last 4 yrs. I got my first card and everything correctly. I then called the service center to verify the address. It seems they have correct address. I wonder why it was not delivered. I hope they deliver the appointment letter soon.

Even we got the letter (797 C notice) saying that we don't need to attend biometrics and there is nothing that we need to do now.

I think they will evaluate such cases for some more time and let us know about the status once they conclude their verifications/etc.

At the same time, I think we can get our $ 70 as refund. Does anyone have any idea regarding this? OR will it be risky to ask for refund at this stage?

cpzinga said:
Even we got the letter (797 C notice) saying that we don't need to attend biometrics and there is nothing that we need to do now.

I think they will evaluate such cases for some more time and let us know about the status once they conclude their verifications/etc.

At the same time, I think we can get our $ 70 as refund. Does anyone have any idea regarding this? OR will it be risky to ask for refund at this stage?

USCIS has issued these generic letters to all the applicants at the same time which is a clear indication that no particular investigation has been made about each case. I guess, they are simply trying to cover up the issue and pacify the I-90 applicants. Therefore, we should now be ready for a pretty long wait, probably 3 to 4 months, before we will hear any thing more specific from USCIS about our cases. It is such a shame that in order to get a replacement card, we have to wait for almost 8 months.

I think it will be highly risky to ask for a refund at this point. I guess the final amount that we owe to USCIS or vice versa will depend upon the results of USCIS’s investigation of each and every case. Don’t try to predict the outcome of USCIS investigation’s by yourself.

For instance, take my case. I never received my green card at the first place and therefore, I submitted a 70 dollars fee with my I-90 application as required by the old laws 3 months ago. However, in the mean time, upon my inquiry, USCIS customer service centre send me a letter a month ago that they mailed my green card on march 15 to my old address and that my green card has been lost due to the fact that I did not update my address with them ( even though I told them thousands times that I did update my address with USCIS). USCIS also informed me in that letter I need to apply for I-90 application along with 185 dollars and 70 dollars fee. However, since I had already submitted my application with 70 dollars fee, therefore, I did not sent them 185 dollars and simply did nothing until I received this generic letter yesterday. I guess, now, upon completion of the investigations of my csae, USCIS will inform me to send them 185 dollars check.

Status Update

I checked my status on line today and it says:

On October 4, 2005, we transferred your I90 APPLICATION TO REPLACE ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD to an office in VERMONT SERVICE CENTER for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

Received similar message.

I also received similar kind of message, but transfered to an office in CSC.

Thanks,

cpzinga said:
I checked my status on line today and it says:

On October 4, 2005, we transferred your I90 APPLICATION TO REPLACE ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD to an office in VERMONT SERVICE CENTER for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the same thing today
On October 5, 2005, we transferred your I90 APPLICATION TO REPLACE ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD to an office in LINCOLN, NE for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

I still don't see how they are going to process the case or what they will do considering when we applied we did not have to submit the old GC with the mistake and they told us in the instructions then, not to submit the evidence needed to fix the card. They said you would be required to present all this when you went in to local office. Now who knows what the heck they will do.

Wife's GC bears incorrect "Resident Since" date

Hello Everyone,

My wife e-filed on 6/24/05 and we just went for her biometrics on 10/01/05. We then received a notice 2 days ago that her I-90 was transferred to Vermont Service Center and that they should be informing us when the application is transferred to a local office.

What do you think will be done at local office? since she did her biometrics already, are they going to interview her again in the local office?

Thanks.

Wife's card has wrong gender.

All,

I guess we will need to file the i-90 form for my wife as her gender on the card is wrong. I found out that our lawer made a mistake in filling up the 485 form ( her EAD etc and other forms were fine).
1. If I use i-90 what option should i select. Should it be Biographic information changed ?
2. Are we in any kind of trouble as the mistake was ours and will her 485 itself be considered invalid...? :(

Thanks.

I think since it was your mistake, you have to pay the fees (70 + 185). Other than that I don't see any problem. Find out with your attorney and check on cis web site.