I-90 Biometrics Appointment?

What is this appt?

Kris73 said:
Hi there,

has anyone who filed around the beginning of July received a biometrics appointment?

I got the NOA receipt on the 12th of July, but nothing after that and calling the phone-no. or the online status check is no help.

This seems to take forever...

Hello..
I am helping a friend for his Green Card and am surprised to see a new rule for the Biometrics Appointment. What is this for? Isn't Biometrics appt the fingerprint appt? Wouldn't the Service Center send us a letter with the appt date and time? that's what used to happen when we got our Green Cards. So could somebody please help me in this regard as to what is this?
Thank you so much.

natasha said:
Hello..
I am helping a friend for his Green Card and am surprised to see a new rule for the Biometrics Appointment. What is this for? Isn't Biometrics appt the fingerprint appt? Wouldn't the Service Center send us a letter with the appt date and time? that's what used to happen when we got our Green Cards. So could somebody please help me in this regard as to what is this?
Thank you so much.
The discussion about the biometics appointment here is for the I-90. It is different than applying for green card (I485). I-90 is for green card replacement.

Did anyone try callig service center about the I-90 status after it has been transferred to service centers? We should know how much more time it is going to take. I am planning to call tomorrow.

cpzinga said:
Did anyone try callig service center about the I-90 status after it has been transferred to service centers? We should know how much more time it is going to take. I am planning to call tomorrow.

what happened CPZINGA..did you call the service centre? please keep us posted. thanks

Is it safe to assume that you'll get your biometrics appointment letter about 3 moths after you E-File the I-90 form and the actual biometrics interview a month later. Thanks.

Absolutely not. As a matter of fact most of us have applied for our I-90 application almost 4 months ago and as of today we have no idea where are we standing. All we know that our cases have been transferred to the respective services centers based on our residence addresses but we have no idea about the status of our applications. Plus I have heard that if you have to go for fingerprinting, it usually takes 2 more months before USCIS mails your replaced green card after that. So I would say that you should keep in mind 6 to 8 months before you would have card in your hand. It is a shame the way USCIS is treating the immigrants. It takes almost 6 to 8 months to get a replacement card. What shame.

Is the delay across all Service centers ?

Is the story same across all service centers or is any one better than other ? I saw that in the processing dates released by USCIS for I-90 Vermont seems to be processing 26 sep 2005 where as Nebraska is atleast 6 months behind that...

bearview said:
Is the story same across all service centers or is any one better than other ? I saw that in the processing dates released by USCIS for I-90 Vermont seems to be processing 26 sep 2005 where as Nebraska is atleast 6 months behind that...
does not make any sense though. myI-90 case has neen transfered to VSC with receipt notice of July 13, 2005 and i have not heard any thing from the VSC. so how come they are working on applications which have receipt dates after me?

cpzinga said:
This is really TOO MUCH..... :eek:

Cpzinga, Since you and I happen to be living in the same area ( in Maryland within Washington DC Metropolitan Area), therefore, I am interested to know if your I-90 application has also been transferred to Saint Albans Office in Vermont? Why Saint Albans? Why not Baltimore? Is Saint Albans office the main office for VSC because otherwise our application should have been transferred to the local office in Baltimore which is the closest office to our addresses?

Plus my I-485 application was filed in NSC and my final fingerprinting for the green card issuance purpose was undertaken in phoenix. Are they going to transfer my whole file with latest fingerprints and my pictures to Saint Albans office?

Desi74,

I think they transferred to st albans since it is the main office of VSC. USCIS transferred cases to service centers, not to local offices.

I have tried calling VSC phone number which gave in the notice, but it is not working (it says temporarily out of order). Number is: 802 527 4913

Then I called customer service phone (800 375 5283). They have asked me to wait untile I get some information from VSC. It may take upto 60 days (from October 4th, my case was transfered to VSC on this day)?

I suggest you to call customer service and ask about your doubt. I think VSC will notify you whether you need to go for biometrics or they will get from NSC. Better call them immediately.

Even I gave my finger prints in Baltimore office. I am not sure what are they going to do.

Should we go for re-stamping?

Hello everybody. I hope somebody can answer my question. My wife e-filed for I-90 in June and went for fingerprinting and picture on Oct.1, 2005 then we received a notice saying that her application was transferred to VSC. Her stamp will be expiring in Feb 2006 but we still have her old greencard with the wrong "residence since date".

1) Should we go to have her passport re-stamped?
2) What are the requirements for re-stamping?
3) When should we go considering her old stamp will expire in Feb 2006?

Thanks for the help.

I-90

Hi guys I filed I-90 one month ago and still have not received anything, no Notice of Action or receipt number. :confused:
I think there is a big confusion in USCIS nobody knows what going on these days after they changed the filing procedures so many times.
There were few people that filed one month ago and received their corrected green card. WOW that’s really fast. They did not go for biometrics, or any of this stuff that was required before, USCIS just sends the corrected green cards. I think that’s nice finally they are working on it.
That’s why I am keep wondering what’s happening with my case :confused: , I think it is going to be a long journey like my I-485 almost 2 years of waiting.
Let’s hope for the best this is the only think that can keep are spirits up.

acc918 said:
Hello everybody. I hope somebody can answer my question. My wife e-filed for I-90 in June and went for fingerprinting and picture on Oct.1, 2005 then we received a notice saying that her application was transferred to VSC. Her stamp will be expiring in Feb 2006 but we still have her old greencard with the wrong "residence since date".

1) Should we go to have her passport re-stamped?
2) What are the requirements for re-stamping?
3) When should we go considering her old stamp will expire in Feb 2006?

Thanks for the help.

You can go anytime for passport stamping in your local office after making an InfoPass appointment by going to USCIS website www.uscis.gov. You do not have to wait until your stamp expires. Make sure you take your I-90 application receipt notice with you along with 2 proofs of residence. Usually you get your appointment at InfoPass within few days.

CGC said:
Hi guys I filed I-90 one month ago and still have not received anything, no Notice of Action or receipt number. :confused:
I think there is a big confusion in USCIS nobody knows what going on these days after they changed the filing procedures so many times.
There were few people that filed one month ago and received their corrected green card. WOW that’s really fast. They did not go for biometrics, or any of this stuff that was required before, USCIS just sends the corrected green cards. I think that’s nice finally they are working on it.
That’s why I am keep wondering what’s happening with my case :confused: , I think it is going to be a long journey like my I-485 almost 2 years of waiting.
Let’s hope for the best this is the only think that can keep are spirits up.

Dude, you are panicking after one month of wait…..there are bunch of us who have been waiting for last 4 months with no idea what’s going on….by the way who got his green card after one month of applying I-90?

I checked Vermont Service Center processing dates page today and they currently processing the cases with the receipt notice date of October 12, 2005.

My case was transferred to VSC on October 4, 2005. That means, have they started processing my case?

Any one got any idea?

I-90 processing. MSC first and then xSC

Hi all,

From my ovservation, it looks like MSC handles all I-90 cases except b&d. It would take MSC 60 ~ 90 days to decide what they are going to do with your case. Some cases will be forwarded to local offices or service centers. The processing date on Service Center represents the date they get your case from MSC. I don't understand why MSC cannot decide which center to forward the case to when they input the I-90 form into the database. So much drama to have the process staged into two phases. I am just wondering if this new process actually gain any improvement over the old process which you can file your case with the service center.

i 90 special agricultural worker

i had applied for i 90 as a special agricultural worker on august 22. i went
for biometrics at atlanta asc on oct 27 ,can you please tell me if my application would be transferred to a service centre just like others or is the i 90 application processed by msc please note that my i 90 application is not for reasons b and d,even after 11 days of biometrics my application is still at
msc is that a problem.