I-90 Biometrics Appointment?

i 90 Notice of Action

Hello Everyone.

Just received a Notice of Action from Vermont Service Center for my wife's i90 application. I'm just curious of the following:

1) Notice Type is a Welcome Notice. I181.
2) Receipt Number is EAC not the original MSC when she filed on-line. Also,
EAC number they used was the same one they used for her last I-181.

3) Notice says "Your application for permanent resident status is being
processed. If approved, a permanent resident card will be mailed directly
to you from our Immigration Card Facility. If you do not hear from us within
30 days of the date shown on this notice, please call customer service at
1-800-375-5283."

I'm confused because my wife is already a permanent resident and she
was just applying for gc replacement. Why are they saying application
for permanent resident status?.

4) Last thing, unfortunately on the notice, they mispelled her name again.
I'm afraid that her greencard will be wrong again. If this happens, this
will be the 3rd error of INS on her greencard and will be her 3rd gc
replacement.

It is so frustrating how they make so many mistakes. It is waste of time and
money.

Anybody experienced this?

Thanks.

I-90

Hi acc918 could you please tell us your “time line”?
And what do you mean by this is the 3rd time? Did they mess up again?
If they did that is horrible :eek: , just pray they will send the corrected green card.

i90 replacement

Hi CGC,

Well, this is for my wife.

Jan 05 - original gc rcvd with mispelled name.
Feb 05 - Filed I90.
June 05 - Rcvd new card with wrong "Residence Since' Date".
June 05 - E-Filed I90.
Oct 1, 05 - Went for Biometrics
Oct 4, 05 - Filed transferred to Vermont Service Center
Nov. 4 - Rcvd Notice of Action from Vermont but name mispelled wrong again.

Right now, my wife will try to call them to let them know that they mispelled her name again. I hope actual greencard is ok.

Thanks.

i 90 case transfer

hi,
does any body know if all the 1 90s are transferred to service centres for
processing or just the i 90 which are filed for reasons b and d transferred
to service centres,if all others i 90 are also transferred to service centres
does any body know how many days after biometrics are they transferred.

Horrible Biometrics Appointment Experience

Hi everyone

In case you are still frustrated by the green card renewal process, maybe you will find my experience helpful. This is a long message, but contains a lot of useful information. Please be patient while reading. I will first start off with some important dates:

My old green card was expired on: 1st Sept, 2005
Early June, 2005: mailed I-90, along with cheque
June 14/15/16, 2005: got receipt
July 13/14, 2005: got notice of appointment (fingerprint notification/I-797)
Sept 10, 2005: date of my appointment!!

On Sept 10, I went to have the appointment, which turned out to be a horrible experience. I went with my family members and while we were still lining up outside the office, the security guard came out and demanded everyone's appointment letters (ie notice of appointment). He was very unorganized and had a huge pile of papers in his hands. My family members and I were afraid that he would mix up our documents somehow, but we gave him the documents anyway. (we had to because he has "supreme authority" at the office)

The office finally opened and the long queue started to move. When it was our turn, my parents and I got back our appointment letters from the guard, plus a form to be filled in by each one of us. But my elder sister still had not got back her form and she was standing at the doorway. So we asked how come all of 3 of us had got back the appointment letters but my elder sister had not. Then the guard accused us of not giving him my sister's appointment letter in the first place. He refused to admit that he lost my sister's document. His attitude was very bad and we kept on yelling asking help from other officers until the officer in charge came out, otherwise no one would take notice of us. She wasn't of much help though, but her attitude was better. Minutes later, another officer at the counter screamed at another applicant who happened to got my sister's appointment letter by mistake. So the fact was clear that the security guard got my sister's appointment letter but gave it to another person lining way before us. So here is a reminder for everyone:

Photocopy all the documents you received and bring them to the appointment. If the above happens to you, you can still use a clear photocopy of the letter of appointment as a subsitute. All they need from the appointment letter was mainly the BARCODE. So the barcode on the photocopy has to be very clear!

With this complication resolved finally, we sat down to fill in a form that requires only general personal information. Then we took the forms to the counter for the officers to double check. After waiting for a while, we are called to a table where a lady helped us to put a laser sticker on our green cards. The laser sticker says that the old green card is extended until March 2006. She didn't put anything on my passport, but she asked us if we left the country (US) continuously for 12 months. Of course the answer is no! We are not that stupid to say yes anyway!

Then we waited for another couple of minutes and went to the other side of the room to have our fingerprints captured and photos taken. The guy didn't let me see my photo, but you can make the request if you want to retake the photo in case you don't like the first one.

My parents and I got our NEW greencards on Oct 3. It is really quick! But my sister was not so lucky. She got a letter saying that her fingerprints were not captured clearly and had to go to a 2nd biometrics appointment. She studies visual arts and has to paint a lot. So I guess the paint and the other chemical solvents make her hands pretty bad. The appointment was in mid to late september, but she still hasn't got her new card yet. We are a bit worried.

So there are two points to take home: 1) photocopy all documents and bring them to the appointment. You never know when these careless people will lose your notice of appointment! 2) Make sure your fingers are not damaged by any paints/chemicals, otherwise your fingerprints may not come out clearly and have to go again!

Good Luck!

Sejima

;)

Update on my case:

I just got an update saying my application was received "here" and it takes between 225- 275 days to process my application...

I'm getting really frustrated, I have no idea where "here" is...initially my case was transferred to TSC...

Did anyone get something similar???

Sejima,

Thanks for the Info. I wish your sister gets the card soon.

Kris, where did you get the status update? If it is by mail, then may be the office that sent the letter has the case. If it is on net, then we don't know where it is.

My case was transferred to VSC on October 4th, but there is no update yet from VSC. In processing date page, it showed that VSC is currently processing cases of October 12th.

Does any one know VSC contact number? I got a number when the case was transferred but that number is not working.

I-90 Update

Wanted to share an update on replacement I-90 filed under option b/d

Send to LA lockbox in first week of OCT with complete fees.

Lockbox send back both checks (185+70) saying fee waived.

Got a Receipt Notice from VSC dated Nov 8 stating fee waived in the fees box.

LUD on the case on NOV 15 No update in message.

Kris73,

I too got similar status update.

On November 17, 2005, your I90 APPLICATION TO REPLACE ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD was received here for processing. It is taking between 365 and 455 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

here means the service center (VSC in my case). But why 365 and 455 days? God only knows!!! :eek:

Biometrics appointment ..

I too got the online status updated with the same message, two days back.

Also got a biometrics appointment yesterday. :) it is scheduled on 12/23. oh well, some more wait. I guess everyone waiting for biometrics will get it in few days. Good Luck to all. :)
----------------------------------
I-90 applied to LA lockbox on August first or second week.
Case transfer notice recieved on 10/04.
Notice for Biometrics on 11/16.
Biometrics appointment on 12/23.
----------------------------------

Kris73 said:
Update on my case:

I just got an update saying my application was received "here" and it takes between 225- 275 days to process my application...

I'm getting really frustrated, I have no idea where "here" is...initially my case was transferred to TSC...

Did anyone get something similar???

Recieved tha card with incorrect info. (wrong B'Day). Filed I-90 with option "d" and paid $70 too.
cpzinga said:
What was your case? Never received card OR replace card?

365 -455 days!!!!!

cpzinga said:
Kris73,

I too got similar status update.

On November 17, 2005, your I90 APPLICATION TO REPLACE ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD was received here for processing. It is taking between 365 and 455 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

here means the service center (VSC in my case). But why 365 and 455 days? God only knows!!! :eek:

I got the same message also today!! 365 - 455 days!!! What the hell is going on? We previously received a notice that the application was sent to their greencard processing center and will send us the greencard once approved. Now it is going to take 365-455 days!!

My status changed again today. Morning it was different and now it says:

On November 17, 2005, we transferred your I90 APPLICATION TO REPLACE ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD to an office in TEXAS SERVICE CENTER for processing. Our office in TEXAS SERVICE CENTER will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

Why are they transferring from Vermont to Texas service center again? This process really sucks...

@adibazz:

Did you also receive the biometrics appointment online or via mail or both?

I'm asking because I live in FL and the postal service is still a nightmare after Hurricane Wilma....I'm afraid that part of my mail gets lost or something...

Need Advice.

We filed for I-90 for my wife as her GC had wrong gender. I have the Receipt notice with a similar message 365-455 days .Only additional line is that we have granted your request for a fee waiver. I guess now there will be an interview for her but no biometrics. We had scheduled an infopass for next week as we wanted to get 551 stamp in PP in the interim.

1. Can the immigration officer treat this infopass as the personal interview for I-90 and take the I-90 process forward.
2. Will the officer give a 551 stamp. We have retained the green card with us as the lawyers office mentioned that it will only have to be returned at the time of interview and not application. I have heard from some people that they do not give a stamp if the GC had already been issued.

3. Independent of this is it ok for us to travel with the GC with wrong gender ( ofcourse with all other supporting docs indicating the right gender and I-90 application and receipt notice).

Any experience/advice on any of the points is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

BIO Appointment??

Did any one else get the Bio Appointment after the I-90 status chaneges to "It is taking between 225 and 275 days for us to process this kind of case".
Please keep us posted!!!!!!!!

Thanks........
IQ :mad: