I-765 Ead Online Application Guide

Supporting Docs for e-filed AP

Hi All,

What supporting documents do I need to send for e-filed AP?

I am planning to send the following

- Copy of the I-131 Online Confirmation Receipt notice
- Copy of Current EAD (Front & Back)
- Copy of Current EAD mailer
- Copy of EAD Renewal Confirmation receipt
- Copy of I-485 receipt
- Online Status of my I485 receipt
- Copy of I-140 approval notice
- Copy of I-94
- Copy of Passport (which has Bio-graphic data)
- Copy of Drivers License

Is this list good enough?

Is there a template for the request letter that needs to be sent with the supporting documents?

TIA

Can anybody have same guide as EAD for AP online renewal

Can anybody take initiative as EAD to come with the steps for AP renewal. Your help highly appreciated. Any thread post here.

Question

I have one question, please help...

My wife's H4 is pending (from F1 OPT to H4). And she got a job offer recently. Can she apply for EAD with H4 pending?

My 140 was approved in April 2004, and we filed 485 in Nov. 2004.

Thanks in advance.

eb2_I485_RD0901 said:
For Q3 See below (It is mentioned in my Post) Use the date the EAD was issued.

**At the next page, select YES to the question “Have you ever before applied for employment Authorization form BCIS? And include the Service Center where the I-485 application was filed: TEXAS SERVICE CENTER, VERMONT SERVICE CENTER, NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER or CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER; also include the date of the last EAD application (see the date of the last EAD was issued and use that date) and the results GRANTED – QUOTE]

The Question they ask is Date for Application (for last EAD), not Date of approval. So I'd put the Receipt Date for my last EAD, rather than date of approval.

Gurus,

I am planning to renew my EAD online (e-ead). Do I need to pay for fingerprint when I go to ASC for digital photo and signature?

Any reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mr.krishwork,

If u have read the e-filing instructions carefully, no fee is required for FingerPrinting/Photos etc. other then the fee which u pay when submitting THE form.

Arjun

What is the status of my wife and son?

Hi!

My wife entered USA on dependent visa (H4) in 2002.
I entered USA in 2004 using advance parole and I am working on EAD. My H1B is no more valid.

For me I can put the current status as 'PAROLEE", but what about my wife and son? Are they PAROLEE? (but they did not enter USA using AP)

Are they H4 dependent of H1B? (But the principal visa holder is not on H1B?)

The answers to this by gurus is highly appreciated.

On the guide, I see following information:
Current status (enter the same category that you entered in or converted to while in the USA: H-1, L-1, F-1, advance parole);

Regards,
Sanvibha

EAD/AP Online Applying..

Hello Freinds,

I want to apply EAD/AP for first time. So can I apply through online??
or is it only the renewals can be applied thru online system.?? (e-Filing)
Please calrify my doubts as I am getting diff answers from diff guys.

Also can any body please calrify what documents we have to send for AP/EAD??

Is a copy of I-485 a must when sending the documents to NSC for EAD/AP??
as our company won't give us a copy of I-485 Receipt and gives only LIN number. Our company doesn't apply EAD/AP for employees as they want to keep employees on H1 even if it goes beyond 6 or 7 years. So I have onl LIN numberwith me and is it suficient??

Thanks in advance for any response/guidance and I hope all your cases gets approved soon.

Thanks
redwing

Any additional documents to send in for Advance Parole renewal?

Hi,

I e-filed both I-765 & I-131. I got the whole list of documentation for I-765 from the topic page.

I am planning to send the following documentation for I-131:
a) 2 Paper photographs (required)
b) Explanation for AP eligibility (required in an additional sheet of paper)
c) A copy of my existing valid AP

Anything else I am missing???

Please note that the additional supporting documentation for both I-765 and I-131 both go to the same address and po box.

Gurus that have done this many times - Please HELP ASAP!!!

copies of your passport.
i haven't applied for I-131 so I don't know if that's required or not but
it doesn't harm you to send in a few more documents and be on a safer side.

minn_labor said:
copies of your passport.
i haven't applied for I-131 so I don't know if that's required or not but
it doesn't harm you to send in a few more documents and be on a safer side.

Since both the documents have been concurrently e-filed and going to the same address in the same envelope, I assume they will be happy with one copy of the passport (enclosed for I-765).

The main concern is the paper photographs. It says on the uscis website that for I-765 efile, no paper photograph is required. And then next paragraph, for I-131 efile, send 2 copies of paper photographs.

Since this is a concurrent efiling, do I still have to send paper photographs for I-131? Its kinda confusing!

Solution found on Advance Parole supporting documents!

I just came back from my local USCIS office and here is what the officer said:

I have to send in 2 color paper photographs, a copy of efile receipt and the additional explanation letter to the Nebraska Service Center where my I-131 efile application has been routed to. They have gotten specific instructions that they shouldn't use the digital picture that was taken for I-765! He even showed me the email confirming that. He said they might still process the I-131 using the digital picture (taken for I-765) if they didn't receive the paper photographs from the applicant. But no guarantee on the time frame in that case.

I don't know how far this info is correct but this is what I heard from the officer today.

I guess its better to send in the paper photos, just to be on safer side. Only a matter of 10 bucks and an hour's effort!

Questions on AP&EAD renewal

I have a couple of questions on AP/EAD e-filing.

1) What does "Explanation for AP eligibility" mean? No idea on this. Any example?
2) Passport and DL copies should be in color?
3) Supporting doc for both AP and EAD should be seperately mailed to BCIS?

Please advise me. Thanks

ryan2147 said:
I have a couple of questions on AP/EAD e-filing.

1) What does "Explanation for AP eligibility" mean? No idea on this. Any example?
2) Passport and DL copies should be in color?
3) Supporting doc for both AP and EAD should be seperately mailed to BCIS?

Please advise me. Thanks

Here are answers to your questions:

1) It means you write in a couple of paragraphs to explain what qualifies you to apply for an advance parole. Here is what I wrote in mine:

Dear Sir...

My Application to “Adjust To Permanent Resident Status”, CASE TYPE I485, is pending with the Nebraska Service Center. Receipt Number for this application is LIN-**-***-***** (Photocopy of receipt notice attached as supporting documentation)

I wish to apply for the ADVANCE PAROLE on the basis of the above qualification. This document will allow me to depart the United States temporarily for bona fide business or personal reasons and return to the United States to await the adjudication of my filed application for adjustment of status.

Sincerely...

2) It is not mentioned anywhere that they should be in color. But when I applied for the AP first time (using paper form), my attorney instructed me to mail color copies of Passport (first page that contains your photo) and drivers license as she had received RFE (request for evidence) for color copies in the past for other applicants. You don't want to take a chance by sending in b&w copies!

3) There is no reason to mail the supporting documents separately if you had E-Filed both I-765 and I-131 concurrently. They both go to the same address! I made two separate bunches, but inside the same envelope. One set for I-765 and one set for I-131. I enclosed 2 color paper photographs as advised.

Hope this helps!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
How do we post the supporting documents for eFile

This may look ridiculous, but I would like to know whether we need to staple all the papers OR Just put together with U Clip or just send it as loose bunch.

The advice of experiened gurus is appreciated.

Regards,

Sanvibha