I-765 Ead Online Application Guide

Extension for L2 EAD

Hi,
I am on EAD based on L2. According to INS Website I am eligbile to e-file my EAD extension. But my spouse L1 filed in East Coast and I am going to file my extension with CA service center. Will it matters. If I extend my EAD through e-file will I receive my card earlier than the normal mail. I am going to extend my EAD based on the receipt notice of my spouse's L1 extension. Can I use that receipt no as I dont have the approval notice to get the I94 no. Close to one week of my expiry date only I can apply for my EAD renewal ( because I will receive the receipt notice only that time), can I use the receipt no (got thru e-fiel) and go to my local office and get the interim EAD before my EAD expires or shall I directly extend my EAD in my local office itself.

Please provide any information or share the experience if you have any.

thanks

E-filed and want to avoid travel to ASC

Can someone advise me in this situation?

I have e-filed my I-765 and I realise that I will have to travel quite far to get to the nearest ASC for the photo.

Is there a way I can just mail the photos with the other documents that I have to mail anyway? I know the confirmation page says not to mail photos but I am curious if anyone has been through this situation and have talked to USCIS about this and got any positive results? I am just hoping to avoid the long trip and miss work at the same time.

Thanks for the help!!

Online EAD Filing experience

Hello,
My online EAD filing experience.

Applied EAD for my wife. Received confirmation receipt.
Please note the credit card security indicator does not work for some weird reason. I had to skip that field to have the credit card authorized!
Printed the confirmation .pdf document and called the 1800 number to schedule an appointment for fingerprinting and photo.
Surprisingly got an appointment the following day (for me and my wife).
Once you get to the ASC ( Sanjose in my case) everything is straightforward. I reached the ASC at 8 am and was out of the that office by 8.40 am. The whole process is very quick.

I applied for my EAD online the day after I did for my wife. Received confirmation receipt but for some funny reason was not able to view the pdf application. Anyway I called the 1800 customer service number to schedule the appointment along with my wife's. Told the customer service agent regarding the printing/viewing problem of my completed pdf application (SO I guess the PDF application is NOT a MUST. But do make sure you take a print out of the confirmation page on completing the online application with the RECEIPT NUMBER on the page). She asked me to take a separate I 765 form filled along with 2 copies of confirmation receipt and a picture ID (Drivers License).

In the ASC, I was called by the officer for finger printing and photo within 10 mins of my appointment time. Please pay attention to what the officer types in. In my case I spotted a typo in my last name and alerted the officer( apparently my wife also had to go through the same correction process! So better to stay alert). He corrected it right away. Who would accept an EAD with WRONG NAME ON IT!

I now have to mail the supporting documents to the VSC center and wait for the results to see the quickness there!

Hope this information helps

Online EAD problem

Hi,
I applied my second EAD online for me and my wife. I got the confirmation receipt and pdf file. But for my wife it says 'Your application is not complete. Please call the customer service number for the status after 48 hours'. Few days later, I noticed that my credit has been charged for my application. Is that means the application is accepted?

Did anybody had similar experience and let me know what you did for EAC #.

thanks
zigzag13

Filed Last and First name wrong in Efile

Hi Gurus,

I filed wrong name, means, First name at Familyname and Last name at first name.

And i did it online.

It should be like this Kumar Ramu, but I wrote Ramu Kumar.

how it can be fixed. Any help would be great. thanks.

Kumar

HowMuchLonger said:
. I can’t believe it happened to me but… I did the EAD renewal online two days ago; following the great instructions here I immediately prepared and mailed the supporting documentation package and called the 800-number to get the picture/fingerprint taken this morning. While I was at the ASC, they noticed that my name and last-name were reversed –i.e., I made this mistake in the web form. They suggested to wait for the EAD card to arrive with the mistake and then call and report the problem. Hmmm. When I came home I called the 800 number and they were clueless too – i.e., they didn’t offer a way to fix the problem. Any comments or suggestions? Thanks much.

-----------
WAC-02-059-XXXXX
ND: 12/7/2001
I made the same mistake,

Name reverse, what do i do. Pls let me know. First and Family name.

thanks for any help.

Wrong Name (reverse) in Efile

HI,
I made mistake in writing the names, means First name became last and last became first.

and did efile.

some thing like that happended with any one else. and what is the solution.

pls advice and any help would be great.

thanks
omar a

Howz the Philly ASC, any experiences? Is it fast like other ASC's?

Also does EAD/AP applications filed online take more time to get approved than paper based? That doesn't make sense to me somehow. Also are the fingerprint that is done for online EAD is same as 485 fingerprinting, or it has to be done again for 485 also?

joyd said:
Also does EAD/AP applications filed online take more time to get approved than paper based? That doesn't make sense to me somehow. Also are the fingerprint that is done for online EAD is same as 485 fingerprinting, or it has to be done again for 485 also?

For some reason, it seems e-filed has taken more time in the past. Not sure of recent approvals.
Fingerprint is entirely separate for 485 and ead. In fact I went for EAD fingerprint on the same date as my 485 FP2 was due and had to go to different floors to get the two FPs. Some USCIS folks in ASC(Oakland(CA)) were wondering why it has to be different floors and same person could not do it for both :) .

san_1 said:
For some reason, it seems e-filed has taken more time in the past. Not sure of recent approvals.
Fingerprint is entirely separate for 485 and ead. In fact I went for EAD fingerprint on the same date as my 485 FP2 was due and had to go to different floors to get the two FPs. Some USCIS folks in ASC(Oakland(CA)) were wondering why it has to be different floors and same person could not do it for both :) .

Thanks San. Imagine that, if they can't figure it out then who can? ;)

I filed for my 2nd EAD online last Thursday. I was able to get an appt for my digital picture on the same day that I was scheduled to go in for 485 FP. I just got fingerprinted once. MY FP code on my EAD was 2, I am not sure what that meant. The lady who took my digital picture just took a fingerprint of my right thumb before taking my picture. I was done with FP and digital picture within 15 mins.

san_1 said:

Manner of Last Entry

Hello friends, I think for the Manner of Last Entry, you should check your I-94 stamp. I used the Advance Parole and my I-94 says it is DA, I-512 and Adjustment Applicant.

Thanks
~GTS

RD: 08/20/2002
ND: 08/29/2002
FP1: 09/25/2002
FP2: 04/22/2004
EAD3: Applying this week.
AD: ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Time frame for EAD and AP Renewal

Hello!

What is the Time frame for EAD and AP Renewal? Earliest (how many months before) and latest when one can file EAD/AP renewal?

Waiting!

Hi,

I was on AOS here in the US. Took AP (valid for 1 year), went to India for 1 month and then came back, entering US using the AP. My AP is valid till Aug 2004. But the Officer at POE stamped on my AP "PAROLED until: Sep 26, 2004" . What does this mean ?

Thanks and reponse appreciated.
Arjun

how do I receover lost application pdf

Murphy hit me like never before. I completed my online application (for 3rd EAD), made the payment, and just when I hit the save button my application pdf, my computer crashed, and I had to reboot. I searched my temp dir, but did not find the file, the file i was saving it as, exists but it is half saved, and does not open, acrobad complains about document corruption. Does anyone have any advise on how to obtain the document, I will try calling the customer service number, and will post my experience. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi folks,

I had e-Filed EAD and the confirmaiton receipt# I got is in the form of: MSCxxxxxxxx

And when I search the On-line Case Status on the USCIS website, It is unable to find the case.

Any ideas.

Thanks,
Arjun

minn_labor said:
I filed for my 2nd EAD online last Thursday. I was able to get an appt for my digital picture on the same day that I was scheduled to go in for 485 FP. I just got fingerprinted once. MY FP code on my EAD was 2, I am not sure what that meant. The lady who took my digital picture just took a fingerprint of my right thumb before taking my picture. I was done with FP and digital picture within 15 mins.

Which Center did you go to?