I-765 Ead Online Application Guide

Another question

I think i have lost the EAD MAiler. Can i still file the EAD electronically.

THanks
Pratibha

eb2_I485_RD0901,

thanks for your concern, but still I can not find the file(NO Local setting under my user name???). Also I can not remember whether I view at the PDF file after I filed it.

I received receipt notice after 1 weeks of filing as you told.

I callled national service center today for this issue. They said if I do not have online application foms, just bring 2 receipts , current EAD card as the ASC would have a copy of filed application forms. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

To caryguy:
Yes take 2 copies of the receipt.
I am sure there will be no issues.

To Prathiba:
If U do not have the mailer do not worry. ( I got 2 EADs renewed without the MAILER"

eb2-I485

My H1 is not valid as I am on EAD in a new job.I am filing for 3rd EAD online.Any idea what to put in `current immig status`as the drop down menu does not have any option for pending I-485 ?

tan67,

There arer a couple of options in this type of case:
1. DT
2. Parolee
3. Imm
4. Leave it Blank (it is not a mandatory field)

Whatever you select always add in the explaination text box that your "AOS is pending. "

In the past there have been couple of threads that have discussed this issue , and the options above have been selected by different people. ( I think all of them did get approved !)::)

So it is your pick. (I am in the same situation & left this field blank , I will update this thread when I get approved )

Hi,

One of my colleague filed for I-485 at NSC. But unfortunately they couldn't provide him with the I-485 receipt. The reason the lawyer gave was that BCIS was changing some rules at that point and so they couldn't issue one. Also, it seems the I-485 receipt cannot be re-issued.

The ND was around Feb 2003.

Will this cause an issue for EAD renewals??

Looks like for applying for EAD/AP renewals , I-485 receipt number and copy is required.

Anyone else in the same boat ???

Please help.

Thanks,

A quick question about the EAD eFile item "Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from BCIS" -> Date for application section: Should the answer be

+ the date my last EAD application was received at the service center (received date on I-765 receipt notice)

or

+ the date my last EAD was granted

Thanks

Note about Security Code when paying by CC

Security Code:
I paid my fees using a Credit Card and in the security Code (the 3 digit # at the back) option it kept complaining that the code is wrong !! this was really confusing !! after couple of tries I figured that since my security code was 0xx the system was not counting the initial 0 (It kept complaining that the # of digits are wrong) So finally I left it out since this was not a "MANDATORY" parameter.
My Credit Card is charged, No Problems .

Name-LastNmae reversed

. I can’t believe it happened to me but… I did the EAD renewal online two days ago; following the great instructions here I immediately prepared and mailed the supporting documentation package and called the 800-number to get the picture/fingerprint taken this morning. While I was at the ASC, they noticed that my name and last-name were reversed –i.e., I made this mistake in the web form. They suggested to wait for the EAD card to arrive with the mistake and then call and report the problem. Hmmm. When I came home I called the 800 number and they were clueless too – i.e., they didn’t offer a way to fix the problem. Any comments or suggestions? Thanks much.

-----------
WAC-02-059-XXXXX
ND: 12/7/2001

EAD approval and Job change?

I have applied for 140 and 485 concurrently. As I understand from this forum, these days California service center does not issue the EAD until 140 is approved.
:confused:
My question is can I change my job as soon as I get the EAD, or do I have to wait for a certain period of time? Also, is the EAD issued as soon as the 140 gets approved, or is there a delay involved?

HowMuchLonger

Sorry to hear your case .... I personally do not know how to reslove your issue; Please post your question as a seperate new thread, may be someone can guide you.
I will add this as an IMPORTANT check point i.e make sure the Date of Birth, A# , First Name / Family Name are correct , before the ONLINE Application is SUBMITTED.
But one lesson here is learnt that if one can make a mistake in their OWN application , then the guys at INS who enter "DATA" into the computer for the hundreds of "PAPER EAD " Application every day will surely make some mistakes.

This ironically reinforces the case to file the Online EAD.

I am sorry if you are offended . but this is not to taunt you but to help guide those who will E-File in future.

hairyskull

Please post your question as a new thread; let us reserve this thread for the "Online" EAD guide.

E-Filed EAD Approved-CSC

Online EAD Approved
Just checked the online status....Approved for my wife and myself..
I E-filed by Myself...Filed on OCT 10 2003...
Receipt Number: WAC04 - 800- XXXXX
On January 16, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

eb2_I485_RD0901

Hi - no offense taken... I also agree that it is a good idea to add the "checkpoint." I started the new thread per youir suggestion. I've been thinking that ig I get the card with the error perhaps it isn't a big deal as it has a picture, ect.

Online Backup of the PDF files

Hi All,

Just a reminder that you should not trust your PC as a relaible place to store the EAD pdf files. (You never know when these may crash ......)

The best solution is to ZIP the pdf files and mail them to one of your "Internet" Email accounts e.g yahoo or hotmail.

That way you can always access them wherever through the WWW and it will always act as a backup ...just in case the un-thinkable happens.

Ofcourse once you get the receipt ..it is another backup plan.

But anyway just in case.......

Goodluck to all.

Attaching DL with EAD app

I did n't send DL copies with renewal of EAD application. How bad is that?? Shud i expect any RFE based on that??

In the instructions sheet of 765 form there wasn't anything about DL to be attached with form.

Any input is appreciated.
K.

On 12/17/2003, I E-filing my renew case with "NO" anwser to the question “Have you ever before applied for employment Authorization form BCIS? I thought "renew" means for the same EAD.
Accoding the receive letter, I did not send any supporting docs. Should I send the supporting docs with different anwser for this questio?

How long time will it take for E-filing case? my EAD will expired on 03/04/04.

Thanks

Re: Attaching DL with EAD app

Hey amcom

For your info, I applied for renewal of EAD online and it is mentioned on the receipt :
"DO NOT send photos or copies of identification unless requested to do so"

This means that you do not need to send your DL copies anyway!

Originally posted by amcom
I did n't send DL copies with renewal of EAD application. How bad is that?? Shud i expect any RFE based on that??

In the instructions sheet of 765 form there wasn't anything about DL to be attached with form.

Any input is appreciated.
K.