I-751 Timeline List

Thanks for updating the list Vega, just one correction, I got approved on 10/16 not 8/16, sorry if I posted the wrong date.

Just to get a general review:

Does everyone filing an I-751 gets an interview appointment for case / petition approval?

Any input on the matter much appreciated

I thought I sent my timeline but I guess not.

My Case number starts EAC, so should be Vermont Service Center..... and they are just so slow......

name: Little Elf
I-751 filed 11/18/2007
NOA1:1/31/2008 GC Ext. 1 YEAR
Biometrics Completed 3/13/2008
Green Card ???

I thought I sent my timeline but I guess not.

My Case number starts EAC, so should be Vermont Service Center..... and they are just so slow......

name: Little Elf
I-751 filed 11/18/2007
NOA1:1/31/2008 GC Ext. 1 YEAR
Biometrics Completed 3/13/2008
Green Card ???

I dont think they are SLOW per se. I am of the opinion that they handle more cases, and geographically you know that Eastern States are densely populated. There is a longer line at VSC than other centers. They promised to have things sped up in the next 6 months.. I think they are still feeling the effects of many people filing at the same time due to July 07 price hikes.

Why 751 takes longer then i-485

Fellows,
I recently got my conditional GC and will be in your shoes in a couple of years. I am intrigued by the fact that the i-485 are getting approved faster now a days irrespective of the location compared to the i-751 approvals. I wonder why, especially after gone thru inital interview and some statistics say 90% gets approved without an interview. Why does it take longer for these cases to get approved given the amount of work involved (i assume) is less compared an i-485 approval (i.e scheduling interview for 10% instead of 100%). Also, correct me if I am wrong, i-751 process is for folks who get their GC thru marrying an US spouse and that pool of candidates who get their GC thru H1 is not in line either? any thoughts?

Folks-

I am in a very peculiar situation, I got a call from my attorney saying that my conditional basis GC was approved on 11/03/08 and we also received a letter notifying the attorneys office.

However, The letter has a wrong address on it and it was not one of the addresses I ever lived. I raised a red flag and called USCIS the lady over the phone took note of the situation and entered my correct address (Hopefully I dont have to go through the AR-11 again) and mentioned she is forwarding my query to VSC. Now I have to wait for 45 days to hear from them about whats going on with my case. The lady on the phone couldnt tell if my case was approved or not(Not sure if this is normal)

My online status is still showing pending, which kind of through another flag. I would like to know if anyone came across similar problem?

This is very very frustrating and I hope will have an happy ending.

Is that possible that your attorney made a mistake and took others as yours?

please let your attorney fax you the approval notice he received.

Folks-

I am in a very peculiar situation, I got a call from my attorney saying that my conditional basis GC was approved on 11/03/08 and we also received a letter notifying the attorneys office.

However, The letter has a wrong address on it and it was not one of the addresses I ever lived. I raised a red flag and called USCIS the lady over the phone took note of the situation and entered my correct address (Hopefully I dont have to go through the AR-11 again) and mentioned she is forwarding my query to VSC. Now I have to wait for 45 days to hear from them about whats going on with my case. The lady on the phone couldnt tell if my case was approved or not(Not sure if this is normal)

My online status is still showing pending, which kind of through another flag. I would like to know if anyone came across similar problem?

This is very very frustrating and I hope will have an happy ending.

I looked at the image document my attorney sent after going through the document and address I thought it was someone else approval notice and checked A # on the Approval Letter. It is my A # which is why its very strange and frustrating

Approval Notice

Dear All,

I just received a mailed approval notice dated 11/06/08 on a white paper from local DO stating that my case has been approved. Online status still shows case is pending.

Will update once online status is updated.

vital2006...............11/26/2007.............12/11/2007...........01/04/2007....................11/06/2008 (approved based on mailed notice)...............N/A

All the best to everyone in the journey. Thanks to vega and everyone and hope to see all in N-400 journey.

Vital

Congratulations!!!!

Hope we are the next ones.:)

Dear All,

I just received a mailed approval notice dated 11/06/08 on a white paper from local DO stating that my case has been approved. Online status still shows case is pending.

vital2006...............11/26/2007.............12/11/2007...........01/04/2007....................11/06/2008 (approved based on mailed notice)...............N/A

All the best to everyone in the journey. Thanks to vega and everyone and hope to see all in N-400 journey.

Vital

If so, you'd better follow up tightly either by phone, or maybe better do info pass.

Good luck!

I looked at the image document my attorney sent after going through the document and address I thought it was someone else approval notice and checked A # on the Approval Letter. It is my A # which is why its very strange and frustrating

Congratulation to everybody who receive their 10 years GC.
GCSA2008-i think they printed an error. You are approved! Please do infopass.
I think the USCIS are overwhelmed with cases. They need to hire more help.

I just received my extension letter from my attorney. I tried to check my status online and they said the receipt number is not valid. hmmm....
I tried to call the USCIS and there were huge listing and I couldn't get to someone to speak with me. hmmm....
What do you think I should do? Please advise.

Jessica

you should wait for biometrics letter, the status will be shown

after biometrics is done.

Congratulation to everybody who receive their 10 years GC.
GCSA2008-i think they printed an error. You are approved! Please do infopass.
I think the USCIS are overwhelmed with cases. They need to hire more help.

I just received my extension letter from my attorney. I tried to check my status online and they said the receipt number is not valid. hmmm....
I tried to call the USCIS and there were huge listing and I couldn't get to someone to speak with me. hmmm....
What do you think I should do? Please advise.

Jessica

Dear All,

Vital

Vital2006-

Did you receive any email from USCIS? My attorney received the letter but my case status online still states received and pending.
As we kind of applied around the timelines in Dec 2007, Can you share information if you have received your approval email from USCIS.

thanks