I-751 Timeline List

shashidar,

I have not received my biometric notice either nor can i see my case online.
I received receipt and 797 almost 5 weeks ago but not no bio notice.I am in california.

Hi,
I think I got approved. My attorney sent me an email saying that I got approve on April 28th. She said she received an approval letter but, I don't. Here is my timeline:
Vermont
10/20-filed for I-751
10/23-Check Cashed
10/26-NOA-
11-26-Biometric Done
3/26-received letter said my case was transferred to CSC
4/28: approved per my attorney

Hey Jessica,
you and i did have Biometric done on the same day .. is it near fulton street? .. !!! i didn't send with attroney but prepare myself reading this forum.. it's been very helpful ..

Hey Jessica,
you and i did have Biometric done on the same day .. is it near fulton street? .. !!! i didn't send with attroney but prepare myself reading this forum.. it's been very helpful ..

Paymalar

Congrats on ur approval , did u have to go to an interview ?

Hey Jessica,

Hie,
I was too skeptic at that time. I am wrong. So, people out there, you don't need attorney for this. This forum has been very helpful.
I had my biometric done in bronx; no idea what was the street name.
I just received a copy of my approval. Yup, I am approved.

Good luck to everyone else in this forum.
No interview required. Just provide more proof of relationship

Hie,
I was too skeptic at that time. I am wrong. So, people out there, you don't need attorney for this. This forum has been very helpful.
I had my biometric done in bronx; no idea what was the street name.
I just received a copy of my approval. Yup, I am approved.

Good luck to everyone else in this forum.
No interview required. Just provide more proof of relationship

Yeh, at first, i was in same situation as u cuz i filed for GC with attroney at first to be on safe side .. but for removal of condition, we were so broke that can barely afford the application fees. LOL. I m glad it all went ok and good luck to everybody on their journey.

Meanwhile, i m waiting for my card in mail.. cuz online status still unchanged with that transfer notice....

Thanks. No i did not have to go for interview in my case. I heard it's randomly chosen but very small percentage.

Thank you for your reply Paymalar.. do you and your spouse have kids?

please do not get offended , i am asking this because my lawyer said that it has been his general observation that even after submitting all the supporting documents immigration normally schedules an interview for couples who do not have kids .. again i apologise for asking a personal question

Thank you for your reply Paymalar.. do you and your spouse have kids?

please do not get offended , i am asking this because my lawyer said that it has been his general observation that even after submitting all the supporting documents immigration normally schedules an interview for couples who do not have kids .. again i apologise for asking a personal question

It's ok. No we don't have any. and still college students. Your lawyer might be right but I heard they ask for interview only when there's insufficient documents supporting relationship or if they find anything doubt or small percentage of randomly chosen cases. but as long as u entered into marriage by faith.. there's no need to be afraid of.. even if there's an second interview. :)

It's ok. No we don't have any. and still college students. Your lawyer might be right but I heard they ask for interview only when there's insufficient documents supporting relationship or if they find anything doubt or small percentage of randomly chosen cases. but as long as u entered into marriage by faith.. there's no need to be afraid of.. even if there's an second interview. :)

Thanks for your reply

I am not afraid of the interview , its just that I have been thru so much crap before with stupid uscis , they took 8-9 monts to approve my case just because there was a second A file and they took 9 months to transfer a file for consolidation.. i went thru hell those 9 months writing letters to everyone congressman , the IO , district director , ombudsman , laura bush , jonathan scharfen etc etc etc.. i just dont have the energy to get inrto that kind of situation again.. i simply dont..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your reply

I am not afraid of the interview , its just that I have been thru so much crap before with stupid uscis , they took 8-9 monts to approve my case just because there was a second A file and they took 9 months to transfer a file for consolidation.. i went thru hell those 9 months writing letters to everyone congressman , the IO , district director , ombudsman , laura bush , jonathan scharfen etc etc etc.. i just dont have the energy to get inrto that kind of situation again.. i simply dont..

I understand your frustration as i read some other ppl situation like yours or some even worse that they waited years. I guess it's either just so many of applications to process or those in charge taking time to process.

just when u send in I751, include as many doc as possible. u can search in this forum of that thread. i put more stuffs of proof of marriage and package was pretty thick.. but hey, it's better to be on the safe side.

I understand your frustration as i read some other ppl situation like yours or some even worse that they waited years. I guess it's either just so many of applications to process or those in charge taking time to process.

just when u send in I751, include as many doc as possible. u can search in this forum of that thread. i put more stuffs of proof of marriage and package was pretty thick.. but hey, it's better to be on the safe side.

Thanks !!

Providing documents is not a problem ,

I can choke them with documents , when I went in for my interview the first time , I carried so many documents that the IO said please dont give me any more , this will make your file so thick that it will be difficult to manage , so documentation is not a problem at all..

yep , you are right , better to be on the same side

vega1x1, could you please update my status? I got the approval letter by mail today that says I was approved as of 05/01. I wonder when they will sent the actual card!

Good luck to all of you who are waiting to apply, for approvals, and the actual card!

Approved

vega1x1, could you please update my status? I got the approval letter by mail today that says I was approved as of 05/01. I wonder when they will sent the actual card!

Good luck to all of you who are waiting to apply, for approvals, and the actual card!

Add me as well approved 04-28-2009 No longer fed up.:D:D:););)

Sent the I751 to Vermont on March 31,2009
Check Cashed on Apr 9,2009
Received Extension on Apr 11,2009
Bio Appointment on May 13,2009 (notice date is May 1, 2009)

Hi everybody

I have a question. I have received my RFE three weeks ago in April, and I have submitted my papers on April the 29th with an overnight express mail. I have included,
1) School paper for one of my children showing that I am her step father.
2) Car loans, and contracts we have in both of our names together.
3) Contract of the house we own and deed for the house.
4) Our joint bank account statements.
5) Loan contrant for the house.
6) Our joint tax returns.
7) Car insurances in both of our names.
8) Home owners insurance letter, and contract in both of our names.
9) Power and water bills, the bills are not together in our name but I got letters from both explaining the two accounts are in both of our names.
10) Family Pictures.
11) Previous leases of places we've lived in since marriage took place.
12) Affidavits sworn by two people that know both of us.
I believe this is all I have sent as far as I remember, and we did not have no life or health insurance, I hope this does not effect anything.
But what I am concerned about the most is that I went to our tax service place to get our joint tax returns for the last 4 years, and I told them they need to be official. They said these are the official ones, told me to go ahead and send them. It has the information of the tax place, and preparer' social ssn, or the EID no on them. My and my wife think that these are the official ones, and just sent them since we was told that. But after I sent them I started worrying about it that what if they were not official and we had to have them notarized. I called an immigration attorney here in my town and asked him. He said they needed to be signed, and and just go ahead and send them the signed ones. I have asked the same thing to my congressman secretary she said go ahead and send them notarized and send them, then we will call them from our office next week(it was today.). I went to our tax service place and got them stamped and me and my wife signed them. Then we called them from the congressman's office and she asked them if they could attach them onto my file and they said that I have not sent them something completely new and that he will talk to the officer that is in charge of my case about that and give us a call within two weeks. I have been worried about few things here now.
1) Would that matter that they got these tax papers or it would be considered nothing(like I did not send them) in case if they do not attach the notarized ones that i have sent them 5 days later to my file?
2) Or would my case be denied because I have sent these joint tax returns in addition(I am worried about it even though everyone else including the attorney and the congressmans secretary said it is ok.)
3) Or on the RFE letter it says all the requested materials should be submitted together at one time. Submission of only some of the requested evidence will be considered a request for a deceision on a record. Now today the officer on the phone at VSC said that I have not sent them anything new so it should be OK for the officer that is charge of my case to attach the notarized documents to my file, but I am worried that what if they only consider the tax returns that I have sent them the second time as all the evidence. I do not think that is what it means.
Anyways, I know this is too long to read for you all, but please tell me what do you all think about this, Do you think I should be OK, or may have some trouble with sending these papers again.Do you think they deny such cases that they think is insufficient or send you more RFE letters requesting just the specific papers? Does any of you know anyone that has not been approved, or has been denied after sending them their RFE?Also how long do you all think it takes them to make a decision on the case once the RFE has been sent? I am really sick of waiting, I have been waiting for 14 months now, and I have been seeing ppl. even in VSC getting approved so quick now, I think everyone from my time got theirs except me. Please give me your opinions.