I-751 Timeline List

ok so i went to the local office with my info pass and got my passport stamped with the one year visa. it was painless and quick. I was in and out in 10 min. I guess now I join the wait game and see if I will get my 10 year or apply for citizenship (which ever comes first)

03/10/09-I 751 sent
04/01/09 notice for Biometrics received
04/08/09 -Biometrics done
04/16/08 Still no receipt-made infopass appt for 04/29/09 ATL
04/29/09 went to local office received one year extension (day 43)

Timeline Update

04/16/2008 Sent I-751 to VSC
04/25/2008 NOA + 1 yr extension
05/29/2008 Biometrics Appt Letter
06/14/2008 Biometrics completed
03/11/2009 Case Status Email: Card production ordered
03/15/2009 Approval Notice
03/20/2009 Green card arrives in mail

Hi. I need somebody`s advice . I sent my I-751 package 16 DAYS ago !!!! But no NOA yet , even my money orders were not presented to process . I am absolutely horrified !!! I sent I-751 to Vermont Center by Regular mail ONLY WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION without signature request . May be this is a reason ??? But shows it was delivered.
I understand it is kind of early to panic but when i am looking at your timelines i am freaking out. Almost all of you guys got your NOA within 10-14 first days or your checks were cashed right away. In may case - no NOA, money orders are not cashed and my GC will expire in 3 days!! I am ready to be patient and wait for decision but i need to be sure that Vermont Center got my I-751 and work on it and i am not late.
Can somebody tell me if it is normal ??? Should i send one more package in a case they lost mine ??? Does anybody have the same timeline ???
Please, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure about VCC filing. May be they are just behind again like verything else.

I have a question for all. I noticed some people will get 1yr extention after filing I-751 and some don't but get GC approval soon after. Are there any correlations between getting the extention and the delay on approval cases?

I am filing under California and I am extremely nervous because we live in separate states for over 2 years now due to a lot of unforeseen problems (financially) and jobs commitments. Very hard to explain... it is like if it is not one thing, it is another that preventing use to move back together. The horrible economy didn't help at all. We were able to only visit once since I moved to seek for the btter future for both of us but now can hardly keep our head above the water....But we have tons of debts, bills, photos, effidavits... just showing different addresses for these docs. I hope they consider our situation... Any recomendation we should write a testimony along with the filing?

I am encouraged however, to see so many fast approvals on this thread...

Thanks

I am not sure about VCC filing. May be they are just behind again like verything else.

I have a question for all. I noticed some people will get 1yr extention after filing I-751 and some don't but get GC approval soon after. Are there any correlations between getting the extention and the delay on approval cases?

I am filing under California and I am extremely nervous because we live in separate states for over 2 years now due to a lot of unforeseen problems (financially) and jobs commitments. Very hard to explain... it is like if it is not one thing, it is another that preventing use to move back together. The horrible economy didn't help at all. We were able to only visit once since I moved to seek for the btter future for both of us but now can hardly keep our head above the water....But we have tons of debts, bills, photos, effidavits... just showing different addresses for these docs. I hope they consider our situation... Any recomendation we should write a testimony along with the filing?

I am encouraged however, to see so many fast approvals on this thread...

Thanks

Hi
I do not think there is any correlations between the two. I did not get my NOA but I have read of others who have have not received their either but waited for a long time to get approved and some who get the NOA and still get approved quickly. It really just depends on who gets your case and how diligent they are I guess. Even with the time lines that different people get I am starting to believe its a hit or miss thing. You might get your case given to someone that is a quick worker and wants to get them worked on as quickly as they come or you might get an extremely slow person. We all jus cross our fingers and do a lot of praying :)

03/10/09-I 751 sent
05/01/09 Day 45

Hi. I need somebody`s advice . I sent my I-751 package 16 DAYS ago !!!! But no NOA yet , even my money orders were not presented to process . I am absolutely horrified !!! I sent I-751 to Vermont Center by Regular mail ONLY WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION without signature request . May be this is a reason ??? But shows it was delivered.
I understand it is kind of early to panic but when i am looking at your timelines i am freaking out. Almost all of you guys got your NOA within 10-14 first days or your checks were cashed right away. In may case - no NOA, money orders are not cashed and my GC will expire in 3 days!! I am ready to be patient and wait for decision but i need to be sure that Vermont Center got my I-751 and work on it and i am not late.
Can somebody tell me if it is normal ??? Should i send one more package in a case they lost mine ??? Does anybody have the same timeline ???
Please, let me know.

Even if your green card expires you should be OK. you have proof that they received your paperwork on time. I think you should wait about a week and call. I never received an NOA but they got my paperwork and sent me the biometrics notice. You might want to call the 800 number and go through the prompts and say you do not have/ remember your receipt number (that usually gets you a live person on the phone that you can talk to. )

03/10/09-I 751 sent

Thanks everybody for your replies.
What really worries me is that my money orders are not presented to process. Why so long ??? Is VSC that slow ????

And if somebody can help me - Where can i find this magic 800 phone number ??? How can i call if i don`t know my receipt numberI amn`t planning to call yet but it is good to know.

hi,
Anyone has any idea about processing time of VSC ? i saw that many of november filer are getting approved. mine is 23 dec, 08 RD and bio done on 22nd jan 08.
kkep me posted

hi,
Anyone has any idea about processing time of VSC ? i saw that many of november filer are getting approved. mine is 23 dec, 08 RD and bio done on 22nd jan 08.
kkep me posted

Good luck with figuring that out.There is no logic to how they approve cases or what order they go in.I filed in July 2008 and im still waiting but they jumped to November.So in the scheme of things being unexplainable you may be next lol.

USCIS website says its 9 months right now. I'd complain if 300 days has passed and havent heard anything from them.

Hang in there ;)

hi,
kkep me posted

Hi,
I think I got approved. My attorney sent me an email saying that I got approve on April 28th. She said she received an approval letter but, I don't. Here is my timeline:
Vermont
10/20-filed for I-751
10/23-Check Cashed
10/26-NOA-
11-26-Biometric Done
3/26-received letter said my case was transferred to CSC
4/28: approved per my attorney

Approval

I have received my approval letter this Saturday. Processing date 04/29/2009
Finally got my Green Card !!!

not sure if anyone is having the same problems I am logging onto the USCIS website. Is it down? I am hoping they are just updating it

Ok its back up. And no changes

03/10/09-I 751 sent

hello

Hi , Just wanted to ask if anyone has filed at VSC and hails from New York city and has got his/her approval.

Did immigration ask for an interview or was it approved without an interview. Any insight will be helpful.

I am getting ready to file my 751 in a couple of months

Thanks in advance