I-751 Filers / Case Update

We can get no answers from anyone. I have just been diagonased with cancer, and tried to get ahold of someone today to see if this can be expidited due to upcomming surgery and chemo etc etc etc.. but .. no one has any answers. My congressman was working on it, but I havent heard from his office in over a week either. The congressmans office told me that a certain number of cases just have to be chosen for an interview and it appears that ours just happened to be the lucky one.

This is just such a hassle when we have sent all this proof, sent the correct paperwork, and then you come on this board and people are being approved in 3 months or less.

Hubby is from Sweden, so that shouldnt cause any major reasons for delays I wouldnt think anyway.

Lorrie

I-751 Approved in 2 months? CORRECT

Well, well, well. I mailed my SECOND I-751 with good faith waiver to VSC by FEDEX next day on 6/29/07. They signed for it on 7/2/2007. My lawyers check have dates with receipt numbers EAC........... Dated 7/17/2007. Called NSC three times till 9/8/2007. No status on Reecipt numbers. No status online. BOOM, receive receipt notice dated 9/5/2007 on 9/10/07. Status extended one year blah blah. Biometric notice date 9/10/2007. Biometrics done 9/20/07. Checked status online. weired. approval notice sent on 11/5/2004?????? what???? Infopass, nothing new. just I-551 stamp. Already had 10 yr card in pocket from 2004. Did not take. Appeared for Removal proceedings hearing on 10/31/2007. We denied all charges in NTA. USCIS trial lawyer said she is not ready as she only got the file recently.Judge gave her 1 week. Today was the second hearing. See waht USCIS lawyer states to Judge. "Your honour, the service is moving for termination of proceedings, without prejudice". Boom: Case is Over. No second I-751 interview. No Approval notice received. I just keep my old buddy ten year card. Nothing new card or any thing.

What does this mean. The judge states,Mr. M, you do not have to come back here any more. Just keep in touch with your lawyer for any updates.

What does without prejudice mean. Please post the response. I am applying for naturalization this week, may be.

My I-751 application was received on 09/17/07. The check was cashed a few days later after which I also received the fingerprint notice. On October 11, I did the fingerprint.
They touched my application two days back to back after I did the fingerprint.
However, I never received any NOA or the letter extending my green card for one year. Anybody in that situation. Is it normal?

status

what is your center. What do you mean they touched your application. How do you find out if they touched your app. Is it through case status online. Just curious.

My case is expalined above. Does any one think that I shall wait before applying for citizenship. I have heavy taxes due from 2001 and 2002 which I have filed an offer in compromise. Do you think I just state that I do not owe as the taxes are in dispute

The center is Vermont. I knew they touched my application because the LUD changed from the original date to 10/12/07 and 10/15/07.

Your question is quite tough; I think you should ask a lawyer or set up an infopass appointment. They will be able to provide the correct info.

I am at VSC too. THey touched mine twice after finger pringting. Our time line is same. I would say, make an infopass appointment, and i am sure they will print you extension letter, or stamp your passport. [if you read my threads, you will notice that i didnt get the biometrics letter, but my district office printed me one, when i went there.]

LUD Date

Does LUD stand for Last Update? How do you see this update? On the computer or call national customer center.

The way I have been checking my status was online? You must have regsistered your application for email updates and thats the way you have been getting updates? Do you just get the email that your application was reviewed today Nov 10, 2007 or they are worded differently. I want to apply for citizenship and want email updates too.

Smali,
You will have to register on their website with your receipt number in order to be able to see the updates.
LUD = last update date.
All it shows you is the last date somebody worked or touched your application. You get an email when they make a decision but not necessarily after each LUD.

My conditional green card expires on jan 24, 2008. I applied for the permenant green card last week. I plan to take a vacation in spain for the christmas new yr break and plan on returning jan 2, 2008 back to the US. Does anyone think I will have an issue entering the states because the expiration date is so close? Do I need to show any additional proof to enter the US?

My conditional green card expires on jan 24, 2008. I applied for the permenant green card last week. I plan to take a vacation in spain for the christmas new yr break and plan on returning jan 2, 2008 back to the US. Does anyone think I will have an issue entering the states because the expiration date is so close? Do I need to show any additional proof to enter the US?

You should get a letter in the mail from the CIS stating htat your conditional residence has been extended by a year and that should be sufficient to let you back in. But since you are returning back before your GC expires I don't see you having an issue at all in the first place (even if its close to expiration). I think you should be fine.

Ugh

751 sent to Nebraska Service Center, return receipt received on 11/15. I guess they are forwarding to California?
http://www.immigration.com/fromtheagency/nsc6707.html

It's 12/6 and no check cashed, on November 30th they were shown processing from 11/13, how long does it take to transfer to CA anyways? I'm hoping not that long, and they cash the check in the next few days. Getting worried.

as far as I've been reading on this forum, California Service Center processes cases on I751 much faster than any other center. So you're lucky nebraska is transfering all I-751 cases to CA. and.., according to what you posted on your message Texas center is doing the same thing.
hopefully all I-751 will be dealt in CA Service Center and, thus will take much shorter to get processed...

good luck!

Mass Transfer of I-751 from TSC to VSC

Any Thoughts on Mass transfer of I-751 cases from TSC to VSC?? How it will effect our cases??? Like August/september filers??? Any input on this will be highly appreciated.

hang in there buddy is almost on the way,this are my time line
send apllication: 07-20-07
reciept date : 08-15-07
fp done on : 09-10-07
approved : 01-28-08
card recieved : 02-04-08
no interview
Hi Guys,
If you applied for I-751 from May to September 2007, please post your time lines here and any other experience you had that may be helpful to us.
Mine was received on 09/17/2007 at Vermont Service Center.

send apllication: 07-20-07
reciept date : 08-15-07
fp done on : 09-10-07
approved : 01-28-08
card recieved : 02-04-08
no interview

Any Thoughts on Mass transfer of I-751 cases from TSC to VSC?? How it will effect our cases??? Like August/september filers??? Any input on this will be highly appreciated.

why did u wait till almost the end. you were supposed to send your application 90 days before your card expired.

I got the email.
Current Status: Card production ordered.

On March 10, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.