I-751 December filers

I recieved another notice in the mail yesterday - it's a duplicate copy of the first NOA. Has anyone else gotten this? I'm a little concerned - I did'nt ask for one and the notice date has changed to April 6th vs. Jan 11th' 08. updating my time line....

yes I also receviced the duplicate copy of receipt notice. I got my passport stamp last month, but since then I am getting pulled for Secondary area of immigration every week as I travel internationally every week. There i end up sitting for 2 or more hours for a 2 min verification in the system.

My I-751 status online shows as card production ordered.
I am not sure what to make of it as my i-751 is cancelled as according to USCIS i am not supposed to file it even though they had asked me to file.
I was sent a letter that my fees will be refunded in few months due to processing delays.

Hi guys, so following the lead of others, I made an INFOPASS and went to USCIS office today to get a stamp in my passport because I will be traveling outside of the country soon. To my surprise, the USCIS officer says she can give me a stamp, which would be valid for 6 months, but in that case she would have to take my Greencard! So she says: it's either the stamp or the greencard (she points out, in addition, that the greencard is the better option since it will be valid for another year!). So I was really stunned. Didn't some of you guys get I-551 stamps in your passport without any problems? I just don't understand why she just wouldn't.

I also wanted to ask her about my case, but she says it's too soon (I filed in February). How did you guys manage to learn about the status of your cases? She wouldn't even look it up.

Finally, I asked her what happens if I move before my case is resolved. She says if you move to another state, depending on the state, your case may be sent to another service center. Is this correct?

As you can see, it was a pretty useless appointment for all that driving.

what is ur District office ?

YES they forward USCIS Mail

oh.. r u sure they will not forward the mail to the new address? I will have to change it at the uscis as well then? im in OC.

They do forward mail from the USCIS. I received my first notice back in January - which was sent to my mailing address (PO BOX) which was on my application. Then when they started sending out the second notices this month (who knows why)... they sent it to my physical address. Well I have a forward on my physical address to forward mail to my PO Box. I got the second recepit, in my PO Box with the forward sticker from the USPS on it. So mine wasforwarded. So i think yours will be too.:)

Why was your I-751 cancelled and fees refunded? Didn't you submit this form based on marriage-based conditional permanent residence? Can you explain?

My I-751 status online shows as card production ordered.
I am not sure what to make of it as my i-751 is cancelled as according to USCIS i am not supposed to file it even though they had asked me to file.
I was sent a letter that my fees will be refunded in few months due to processing delays.

Thanks Cherr for providing master the link.

No updates since last week. I am waiting to see the message change to card mailed. But not yet. Will keep you guys updated.

i received my 10 year card on 4/25/08.
But just to let you all know i have the residence since date as Aug 22 2007.
My original conditional card was Feb 06 but on the 10 year card my residence since date is aug 07 so i guess i lost 1 and half year of residence to count towards being eligible for citizenship.
I also received a letter saying i can file for N 400 3 years from August 22 2007 so in august 2010.

well in one part...you got your 10 yr green card even with all the messes on your cards...you got approved before many of others that are before you. In the other hand remember that they say your approval date was August not Feb due to your name check, etc...now why 2007 it's kind of weird since then why the I-751 just one year after that...all will depend how the officer who handle your case have put all the dates (year) in the approval papers.

Now you have to two ways to handle that: 1. call the IO that handled your card and if he wants to correct something and probably something else will get mess and again you won't have your card...and all over again...unless you want to apply for citizenship in less than a year 2. just hold into it and be happy...

Now my only concern will be, how you know that when you apply for citizenship something else won't get mess because the entire dates are confusing.

Cherr your last question is exactly what is coming up in my mind.

If my 10 year card is based on I-751 then it should have residence since Feb 06. Because I-751 is filed after 2 year conditional card.

Now if my 10 year card is based on initial I-485 then my card can have aug 2007 as resident since date. Due to the mess but then the card i received should have had the application # as my I-485 receipt number and not I-751. As i had filled for I-90 based on I-485.

But then i am thinking forget it and not worry about dealing with USCIS again. When time comes i will deal with it.

hi congrats bunnybugs, its been so long , i did not see after princestake came

from los angels office, cherr , masterarch , how are you doing folks,
just typed in to keep the post alive

robioradha,

Have you got your approval?

I think I'm probably the worst non-transferred CSC case - I've been waiting for over 5 months and just nothing - this is ridiculous....

I just recieve my card today.
KMAN55 the reason for the dates going backwards is USCIS is trying to reflect the date they are completly done processing a case not the date they start processing them. This is due to added pressure from congress. All citizenship application dates rolled back as well.
USCIS also changed the verbage on the website to say these dates are "for applications that have been completed".
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=CSC

You didnt mention if you ever got an lud on your fingerprints, I never did and if you didnt I guess its nothing to worry about.
I would really appreciate your answer.
Thank you