I-751 December filers

Well you just make a math...let's say they take a month to process a month of files (which we know is not true), you still have to wait past this year...so you should be saving money to apply for citizenship before you get your I-751 processed.

I just find this very unfair...people who even applied way after us is getting approved in CSC, is not just right. Regardless that is goverment, regardless that is a benefit, when you get in line for the same service then that should be respected. If they know that VSC is not capable to keep up the pace then why they keep sending more files there?They decided to send all those delayed TSC files on Jan08 to VSC instead of CSC...is just ridiculous...buff but when is not?

Anyway there is nothing we can do, so I just decide to put energy on things that I can control...and this one won't be since I can't.

Hi:

That is probably the best way to think about it. Some person in authority decided to send NSC cases to CSC, and TSC to VSC. Period.

If you think it through, you can see the problems. CSC is working fast right now, VSC is not. NSC has less cases to process, TSC has lots [mostly due to immigrant populations in the respective regions]. It would make more sense to send TSC to CSC and NSC to VSC - but then again, it is USCIS.

Correcto...getting upset and furious about something that haven't change and won't is just worthless. Just imagine people who have applied in TSC over a year is NOW getting approved...and for them just see that people who apply in CSC a year later and getting approved first! jeez...can't imagine the japaleno in their heads...so I just relax...chilll out and enjoying the nice weather that we are having...I mean is not fair granted, I mean yes I got mad of course! but after I drink my Cosmo or Margarita or Caiphirina...I am getting in a way better mood...hohohoho :)

the wife and I are going on a cruise in hawaii next week and after looking at the document, it mentions that a passport is required. I have my passport and my conditional GC (which has expired) and the NOA that extends my GC for a year...should that be okay? What if the cruise officials don't recognize the NOA? anyone have any thoughts, or have been through a cruise with these documents?

I guess the best to answer that question are the cruise officials...you should call them.

Anyway...wonder where that cruise goes? if you stay within the islands (Hawaii), you should not need any of the above...

do you think wroting to the cis ombudsman anout this will help ? I agree that people are paying the same amount of fee for the same service , then why are the service centers not processing the applications that way , i think the basic mentality at the VSC is , oh we have given them one year extension on their GC anyway , so why should we work extra on their cases and give them the card right away

Hello Everyone,

Finally some progress in USCIS processing. The current date seems to be September 23rd and I really hope that it is true and they do not go back.

Thanks!

Wow

I just checked the VT processing times and its now August 11 2008.

MAN... we might get the december applications by um Nov? Least its moving!!!!

Currently, it is September 23, 2007. It is still significant, given that this means they are looking at cases received much later than that date.

Cherr...i finally got the refund check and a letter stating i did not need to file I-751...It's all finally come to an end and i decided not to bother over the time lost and just keep the current card as is.

I-751 How does the divorce influence my case?

Hi friends, I write my situation here hoping to get some advice.

I came to the US on December 14, 2005 on K1 visa and got married on Feb.16, 2006. My conditional green card was approved on September 7, 2006. In July 2007, I divorced my husband in despiar because I wanted a baby while my husband was stubborn enough not to give me one(He has two kids from his previous marriage). I returned to my country after the divorce.

Three months later, however, I returned as I thought I was happier to live with my husband than live by myself. We had been living together as boyfriend and girlfriend till June 2008 when it was time for me to apply for removing the conditions of my greencard. We consulted an immigration lawyer and were told it would be hard for me to get a new greencard since I was divorced. We were afraid of being seperate by being unmarried, so we re-married again on June 26,2008.

I filed I-751 on July 7, 2008 and I received a I-797, Notice of Action on July 15,2008. My conditional green card will expire on September 7, 2008

My questions are:

Will the divorce cause me any problems in going through the procedure of getting me a new green card?

My husband is going to travel to my country for a long term job in early August, he will have to buy a ticket today or tomorrow, and I will have to follow him as his translator. But my conditional green card will expire on Spetember 7, 2008. Will I be able to travel back on the I-797, Notice of Action?

I will be very grateful for any advice from you. Thank you very much in advance.

VSC updated it's timeline -
I-751 being processed for Jan 02, 2008. Has anyone gotten any approvals? I fall in that category but have'nt heard a word yet.

Kman55-

VSC is currently showing as Sep 21,2007 where did you see it as Jan 2 2008? However, CSC processing date is Jan 02,2008

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi friends, I write my situation here hoping to get some advice.

I came to the US on December 14, 2005 on K1 visa and got married on Feb.16, 2006. My conditional green card was approved on September 7, 2006. In July 2007, I divorced my husband in despiar because I wanted a baby while my husband was stubborn enough not to give me one(He has two kids from his previous marriage). I returned to my country after the divorce.

Three months later, however, I returned as I thought I was happier to live with my husband than live by myself. We had been living together as boyfriend and girlfriend till June 2008 when it was time for me to apply for removing the conditions of my greencard. We consulted an immigration lawyer and were told it would be hard for me to get a new greencard since I was divorced. We were afraid of being seperate by being unmarried, so we re-married again on June 26,2008.

I filed I-751 on July 7, 2008 and I received a I-797, Notice of Action on July 15,2008. My conditional green card will expire on September 7, 2008

My questions are:

Will the divorce cause me any problems in going through the procedure of getting me a new green card?

My husband is going to travel to my country for a long term job in early August, he will have to buy a ticket today or tomorrow, and I will have to follow him as his translator. But my conditional green card will expire on Spetember 7, 2008. Will I be able to travel back on the I-797, Notice of Action?

I will be very grateful for any advice from you. Thank you very much in advance.

If you have re-married , I guess you may slip through and get an approval , but then you will have to show a lot of documentation to prove that you guys never got divorced etc , please consult a competent lawyer explaining him the situation , and I hope the lawyer should be able to work out a solution.

If you are eligible to file and you are granted an extension you should be able to travel with that notice but also make sure that you get a stamp on your passport

Vsc

Kman55-

VSC is currently showing as Sep 21,2007 where did you see it as Jan 2 2008? However, CSC processing date is Jan 02,2008

You're right. In a hurry, I must have checked CSC instead of VSC. Back to waiting in line again:eek:

Maybe I'm Panicing

I just checked the processing times and its now October 21 2008. I sent mine to TX then it was transferred to VT. The last activity was around January 14th 2008 when they sent me my letter saying "I was extended for one year".

I applied for the I751 removal on 12/28/2007 via TX.
My check was cashed in VT on 7/14/2008
My temporary GC says it expires 03/28/08 but the letter I got says I have been extended one year.

Is that one year from Dec 28? Jan 14? or March 28th?

I'm getting a little freaked out now because I'm afriad they're so far behind my extension will run out?

:confused:

I will go to Hawaii for vacation in middle of Oct. But my biometic will be taken by then in LA (home city). May i know if so, can i walk into the office ahead? or what shall I do? Thanks for sharing if you have such experience. Thanks!