I-751 December filers

2nd Infopass - went to LA office this time

Guys, thanks for your support... By the way I just got back from LA office.

Jesus Christ, I went in @ 10:20am... and hadn't got called until 1:15pm! :eek:
Well, this is LA...

So I got called by an Asian male officer. Pretty efficient officer - he was the only officer who would call a new ticket number once he finished his case, compared to others who would simply walk away and take a 15-min break/chat after processing a case.

He pulled out my case from the computer, look through my info and started asking me for questions. I told him about what the female officer told me in Santa Ana office(check my earlier post for details) and asked him if he could see the same note put on my case, he checked the computer again and said,"I don't know what she's talking about. I don't see any note here - they didn't ask for additional documents. Your case looks fine to me."

Then he looked at my biometrics NOA and asked, "You live in..."

me: Yea I live in Orange County but since I work in this area...
officer: so when you scheduled an infopass, what zip code did you use? (got busted)
me: Hmmm yea I used my work zip code... I don't wanna go to the Santa Ana office, I just wanna talk to somebody who can help me on my case.
officer: (giggling) You're smart...

officer: Where do you work?
me: Oh I work for XXXX (government-related agency) as an Engineering XXXX... (I showed him my badge)
*10 mins of conversation eliminated - basically about which city we live in ('coz the officer lives in OC too), what transportation we used to work, the traffic, government work... etc.*​
.​
officer: Well, your case looks okay. It all depends on luck... Probably the officer handling your case is lazy... I worked in Laguna Niguel (CSC) before, I did process and approve cases too. I know how it's like over there.
officer: (thought a little bit, then grapped a sheet sized like 1/2 of an A4 paper from drawer) I'm emailing to Laguna Niguel now, ask for follow-up. I can't guarantee when or whether they will reply, but most of the time they will.
me: (grinned) So if they reply you, how am I gonna know...?
officer: (giggling again) You're always ahead of me. I was about to ask you for your contact information... once they reply me, I'll call you.
(He grabbed a sticky note and asked me for name and numbers, he put down my A# on the same sticky, and placed it on his board)
me: So can I have the contact information of the officer who is processing my case? (I realized I was basically "abusing" his kindness, but since I've been waiting for 3 hours... I'm gonna grab every single chance)
officer: (giggling again) No... even I don't have their numbers.
officer: Do you have your passport with you?
me: Yea I got the stamp last week.
officer: OK so what I'd say is... wait for... another maybe 2 to 3 months, if you still hear nothing, come back and we'll follow up. I'm gonna call you once they reply my email, however I can't guarantee when they'll reply.
Although I waited for 3 hours, no breakfast, no lunch, paid $13.20 for the parking and I had to take a full day off instead of half day... I think it's all worth it. :)

robioradha,

I think 2007 tax return shouldn't be a big issue. Both of us filed in December, they SHOULD know that people usually don't get their W-2's until January or February... so I think it's normal for December filers not to provide the latest year of tax return, right?!

Frankly speaking I don't see any similarities of what you told me vs what the officer told me. I could see he was trying to help, but all of your comments were about why we were so "impatient".

I just don't understand why it's my problem to you that I tried to follow up my case when I noticed people who filed application after me got approved. What I felt was just like what you said in another thread:

It's not fair people get approved before somebody who submitted their application before them to the same service center. Makes no sense.

What you said was simply the reason why I wanted to find out if there was any problem on my case.

Afterall, I just wanted to share my experience. If you think it's redundant or pointless to you, you may simply disregard the posts/thread.

Princess..I am glad you got to talk to nicer (efficient) officer. Hopefully he'll have an answer for you soon. :)

I-551 Stamp and other USCIS issues

Hi guys, so following the lead of others, I made an INFOPASS and went to USCIS office today to get a stamp in my passport because I will be traveling outside of the country soon. To my surprise, the USCIS officer says she can give me a stamp, which would be valid for 6 months, but in that case she would have to take my Greencard! So she says: it's either the stamp or the greencard (she points out, in addition, that the greencard is the better option since it will be valid for another year!). So I was really stunned. Didn't some of you guys get I-551 stamps in your passport without any problems? I just don't understand why she just wouldn't.

I also wanted to ask her about my case, but she says it's too soon (I filed in February). How did you guys manage to learn about the status of your cases? She wouldn't even look it up.

Finally, I asked her what happens if I move before my case is resolved. She says if you move to another state, depending on the state, your case may be sent to another service center. Is this correct?

As you can see, it was a pretty useless appointment for all that driving.

If you move to a state that falls under a different service center's jurisdiction, then yes, your case then needs to be sent to that service center.

Finally, I asked her what happens if I move before my case is resolved. She says if you move to another state, depending on the state, your case may be sent to another service center. Is this correct?

Hi All,

I keep seeing LUD in many posts. What does LUD mean?

Thank guys and girls!

LUD = Last Update

Princess..I am glad you got to talk to nicer (efficient) officer. Hopefully he'll have an answer for you soon. :)

Hi guys, so following the lead of others, I made an INFOPASS and went to USCIS office today to get a stamp in my passport because I will be traveling outside of the country soon. To my surprise, the USCIS officer says she can give me a stamp, which would be valid for 6 months, but in that case she would have to take my Greencard! So she says: it's either the stamp or the greencard (she points out, in addition, that the greencard is the better option since it will be valid for another year!). So I was really stunned. Didn't some of you guys get I-551 stamps in your passport without any problems? I just don't understand why she just wouldn't.

I also wanted to ask her about my case, but she says it's too soon (I filed in February). How did you guys manage to learn about the status of your cases? She wouldn't even look it up.

As you can see, it was a pretty useless appointment for all that driving.

I don't understand why she would do that... I met two officers in different field offices and both of them could do stamping without taking away my expired GC.

You may schedule another infopass again if you live really close to the office. However if it would be a long drive to your closest office, I wouldn't bother getting a stamp 'coz I tried to travel without stamp, just I-751 NOA + expired GC + valid passport, no problem at all.

Perhaps the officer who assisted you was just lazy or not in a good mood... in USCIS world, it all depends on LUCK.

Hey Master,
You are the second case that I heard that the officer wanted to take away the green card...uhmm. When I went, and actually I went to check out on my case, after the woman very nicely attend me, I asked her if she can stamp my passport and she did it right away and for a full year. She even did not ask me for my green card at all.

Hello Master..that is really werid. Cuz when I went to ge the stamp, she looked at my GC, NOA notice and just stamped by passport for one year. Also, I just got back from a trip out of country and noone saw the stamp. At all check points they wanted to see the letter (NOA extending the GC). So if its a lot of trouble for you to go get a stamp in your passport I would jsut travel with expired GC, NOA notice extending your GC, and passport. I flew on Continental Airlines to India..so I guess they were aware of the NOA.

hi

when i got my I551 stamp last week they took my expired GC and they gave me 6 months stamp and IO told me if u don't get ur new GC in 6 month. come back and we will give you another stamp

sahil200020011,

Wow that's weird... perhaps you met a tough officer. I think most people got a 1-year stamp without having their old GC taken away.

I think it's better to travel with expired GC + NOA rather than only a valid stamp on passport. My friend just travelled out of the country months ago with the stamp 'coz he hadn't received the actual card by the time he left U.S. When he reentered U.S., after he queued and approached to an officer, the officer asked him to queue again in a special line to wait for additional investigation which took him an additional 45 mins or so.

Application to Remove Conditions - I 751
Sent to CSC
RD by CSC: 01/02/08
Biometrics NOA RD: 01/17/08
Biometric Done: 01/30/08
LUD : 01/31/08

Princesskate,, im in the same boat,,, I sent my application after u... but i did my biometrics late january... which was kinda fast i guess.... im becoming worried as some members here who sent their application to CSC around the same date recieved their 10yr GC already....

ndc121 , we sent the package on the same day.... I even did my fingerprints before u .. and still u recieved ur card already.. that makes me worry... i just want this freakin card to have the peace of mind...

Q1: Im moving on april 19th to another state to go to school,,, do u guys advise i change my address... or forward my mail to my new address without changing it at the uscis ? I mean,, changing my address at this point my delay my application longer and might complicate the process.. i don't wanna take the risk... what do u think?

Q2: when u guys receive the card production order... do u receive it only by email? or it appears on the protiofile when u check for case status? is my case status gonna change to approved? or its gonna stay like this : received and pending?

Thanx

Last edited by a moderator:
Q1: Im moving on april 19th to another state to go to school,,, do u guys advise i change my address... or forward my mail to my new address without changing it at the uscis ? I mean,, changing my address at this point my delay my application longer and might complicate the process.. i don't wanna take the risk... what do u think?
Don't forward your mail without changing your address at USCIS!!! USPS won't forward mails, instead they will all go back to USCIS.

Q2: when u guys receive the card production order... do u receive it only by email? or it appears on the protiofile when u check for case status? is my case status gonna change to approved? or its gonna stay like this : received and pending?

You will receive an email saying "Card Production ordered"... I've been waiting for this email for so long!

Which area do you live by the way? SF? LA? OC? others? I think people who live in LA receive their cards a lot sooner than others.

oh.. r u sure they will not forward the mail to the new address? I will have to change it at the uscis as well then? im in OC.

oh.. r u sure they will not forward the mail to the new address? I will have to change it at the uscis as well then? im in OC.

I'm pretty sure USPS doesn't forward USCIS mails...!

Same here, poor OC people... how come it takes so long to get approved?! :confused:

I recieved another notice in the mail yesterday - it's a duplicate copy of the first NOA. Has anyone else gotten this? I'm a little concerned - I did'nt ask for one and the notice date has changed to April 6th vs. Jan 11th' 08. updating my time line....

Last edited by a moderator: