I-751 December filers

Hey everybody,

I was a frequent visitor/contributor of this forum a couple of years ago when I was going through AOS.

Now that I'm in the process of removing conditions, I figured I'll share my timeline with everybody.

- Mailed I-751 package to Texas Service Center 12/26/2007
- Package Accepted 12/31/2007
- Received NOA from Vermon Service Center 01/12/2008
- Received FP Appointment letter on 01/29/08, Appointment on 02/14/2008

Oh and I'm doing this from Orlando, FL by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait a second did you received already your FP appointment???

Oh jeezzz I haven't received ANYTHING and I sent it BEFORE you...I am starting to worry now!!

update - I got my ASC appointment for biometrics in the mail yesterday from VSC. scheduled on Valentines day...go figure:) updating signature.

Okay I am starting to freaking now...I haven't received any FP appointment and everybody else before me does...okay I did not need this for sure. I will call the 1800# tomorrow ASAP or should I do an INFOPASS???

Unless the ASC in Atlanta has NO space...they should send me already my FP appt! well I did an INFOPASS for this Friday at 7am we'll see what they told me. Hey Jane and Rare what about you girls???

By my calculus...my FP appointment should be scheduled for the 5-7 of Feb but well I am not in Orlando or I don't know where you at Pinturicchio. I should calm down...I need a tea.

Unless the ASC in Atlanta has NO space...they should send me already my FP appt! well I did an INFOPASS for this Friday at 7am we'll see what they told me. Hey Jane and Rare what about you girls???

I think it has more to do with the ASC than with the service center.

Yeah...ohh you are in Orlando too eh...uhmm yeah will be more about the ASC...I should change state or town I am telling you...yeah it is suppose that the Service Center will send the note for FP when the ASC announce slots...so just wonder how many people over here...double the population than in MCO.

Well you make me feel better in some way but in any case at the INFOPASS I can check out if they sent something anyway...but I just freaked out literally, I just don't want to miss something like that...you can get denied just for something like that even I have been checking daily my mail. Actually looking at the address the Field Office in ATL change address..nice, they are 15min from where I live now.

Well for sure my 5000 posts for today will reflect how crazy a person can get with USCIS issues...HAHAHA "and she was looking so normal...".

Cherr,my dear!

No, I didn' t receive anything either. :mad:
You make me worried now.
I look forward what you'll find out at infopass. Do you really think is necessary to do so?

Rare

Not really...I am the one freaked out yesterday. I will see what they tell me and probably will be like the ASC is slow or booked or whatever...who knows...I more calm now.

Not really...I am the one freaked out yesterday. I will see what they tell me and probably will be like the ASC is slow or booked or whatever...who knows...I more calm now.

Cherr1980 - you'll be fine. Do let us know how the infopass session goes.

Also, I was thinking about this last night - so the VSC timeline for 751 says that they're still on March 1, 2007. How is it that if they're so backlogged that they can even get us, who filed in Dec, to go in for FP.

I just don't get it either...so what TSC is doing? apparently they are only receiving cases from people who are only in Texas?...the rest is getting to VSC but VSC is not as fast as CSC...so I don't see the logic on it...but we really don't know what's going on in the background.

Looking at what I just wrote I can make a rap of it...:)

I was stuck in the VSC
Wanted to go to the CSC
But wanted my GC

I am so tired of this blind game
what a shame
Such a big country
Nobody else to blame

So I still stuck in the VSC
Wanted to go to the CSC
I just need my GC to rest in peace.

Hahahaha...fun fun.

I don’t have my FP appointment yet. Me and Rare have the same DO, she applied ahead of me and doesn’t have the appointment yet, so I am not worried.
Actually, I am not worried at all about this application. Removing conditions is the easiest part in the immigration process. We all already been approved for GC and don’t have to prove anything to anybody anymore. We all have unrestricted SS and free to work and travel while I-751 is process, but I understand that people with travel plans might prefer to have actual GC in their hands then a letter. Other then that I don’t see any other reasons for worries. The hardest part is in a past. And in my experience INS was always slow and inefficient. Nothing new here now.
I, personally, don’t even care where and how long my application will be processed...
I am planning to apply for US citizenship this October, whatever I have my 10-yers GC by then or not. Filing I-751 was just something I had to, another form, another fee…
I had so many of them in the last 14th years of my living in US and I can’t wait to be done with all this immigration annoyances once and for all.
So, take it from the veteran, Cherr and don’t stress out too much! ;)

I just got my biometrics appointment letter today!!!! YA its for 2/19 in Charlotte NC.

Hope you get something soon Cherr!

Thanks!!!
I anyway will go to the INFOPASS since I already did it I'll probably ask if they can stamp my passport even for sure is not necessary. I do travel a lot and I am planning a long trip for mid year so I do prefer to have all the types of acceptable re-entry documents to the US, but if not I won't worry either. I just will wait and chill :)

My first NOA's case # doesn't work online but my biometrics NOA's case # does.
Hi, my first NOA (with extension) didn't work but the one with biometrics notice did. What I think/guess is happening is this: when we first send the application it goes to the assigned processing center (e.g. NSC) and the first NOA receipt # is generated but if the assigned processing center (e.g. NSC) decides to send it to a different processing center (e.g. CSC) for further processing then the same application generates another notice # which in this case would be the second NOA (biometrics) and the first (with extension) would get pushed aside for now since it is CSC which is handling the latest round of processing.

I think this is the reason ( for the vast majority of applicants for whom the application itself has been moved to a different processing center than the one it was originally sent ) the second NOA notice # is active whereas the first one is not..

Just my guess

I could not really explain why won't work and really is not an issue for me since on first phase my NOA did not work until like 3 weeks later...but if you read carefully the first NOA at the bottom it's specify that once you received the biometrics appointment you will be able to check your status online.

The first NOA is already generated by the service center that your file got transfered to, example my first NOA states EAC which means VSC, not TSC. Actually you can check out that your check is cashed by the Service Center that your file got transfered to. E.g. If you sent your application to TSC, from mid DEC cases to up to date they transfer the files to VSC. Your check (if you paid by so) will have the stamp of the VSC.

I finally received my original NOA.
Also received FP NOA on 1/31/08 for FP on 2/22/08.
FP NOA has a EAC XXXXXX which shows online status.

I went to my INFOPASS appointment and I am schedule for biometrics on 2/21/2008 and I should received my biometrics appt. on the next days. If I don't received it by 10-12Feb I should get another INFOPASS so they can give me a letter and be able to get in the ASC since they won't let me in without the appt letter or a letter from them.

she told me that ASC are different in every state and depend on the quantity of people they are serving and the slots for appointment, that some have more than others.

I asked if she can stamp my passport and she did.

The lady was very nice, we were talking about how many passwords you need to memorize these days to get into so many databases and systems at work. I asked her why the cases were transfer from TSC to VSC and she said she don't know exactly what is the criteria about the procedures on the Service Centers...she just can check what's up on my case and the stage that is at but that after the fee change everything got pretty messy and the service centers are with full hands.

So checking what I said to Bunny the last time...I should received that appt letter actually the next week.

Cherr..I am glad you oyu got your FP appt. from infopass. And about TX service center processing only TX residents is not corretc, cuz i am in dallas and they sent mine to CSC. Hopefully its for better though :)

I am sure all of us will be fine for removing conditions. Comprared to how freaked out I was during I-485, etc. this is nothing :)

Got the FP Appointment

Hahaha so I am still laughing because exactly I was thinking that after go to the Field Office the appt will get on the mail today...:p

So I got my Bio Appt for 2/21/08.
Notice date of 1/28/08 exactly a month after my first NOA.

Meers, interesting...did not know you were in Dallas. I have been checking other forums and a lady that has her case pending in TSC since JUL07, her case just got transfered to VSC. So there is no idea about the criteria.