I-602 Affidavit Template

wantmygcnow

Volunteer Moderator
Please use the following template to submit an AFFADAVIT with your I-602 waiver form.

UNITED STAES DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICES

---------------------------------
In re I-602 waiver )
application of [Your name] )

AFFIDAVIT OF [YOUR NAME]

I, [YOUR NAME], hereby swear and state as follows:

1. I am [Your Name].

2. I am a citizen of [Your Country].

3. I was born in [City,Country] on [Your birthdate].

4. On [date you fled your country], I fled [Your country] using false travel documents[OR EWI] and requested political asylum in the United States due to [reason you listed on your asylum application].

5. I was interviewed by the INS[OR USCIS] in [Date,year]. [List what you told them including that you did not hide the fact you came with a false passport and you had to get a false passport to save your life.

6. I was granted asylee status on [date,year] and currently reside in [city,town]. Due to my generous acceptance into the United Staes, I have been able to develop a productive life. I have earned a [degree] from [school]. This item is attached as exhibit A. I am currently a [job title if proffesional], [include job letter as exhibit b]. This item is attached as Exhibit B.

7. I have always paid my taxes in the United States since the [date you started to file taxes.] This is attached as Exhibit C.

8. [family realtions go here], for instance, I am married to a U.S CItizen or have U.S Citizen kids. I am responsible for their physical, emotional & financial well-being.The birth certificates/marriage certificates are attached as Exhibit D.

9. I have not been back to [country] since I came to the United States and do not have any family members there.[If you have family members in your home country, you can skip].

10. If I was forced to return to [country], I would certainly be killed or tortured for [the reason you listed in your asylum applicatoin]. [Also if conditions have changed for the better, explain that you are still persecuted, if it has changed for the worst, explain that here and attach any articles if you can.]

I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and belief. Signed this ___ day of ______, 2005.

SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN TO
before me this _______ day
of _______, 20005.

Last edited by a moderator:
wantmygcnow said:
Please use the following template to submit an AFFADAVIT with your I-602 waiver form.

In re I-602 waiver )

AFFIDAVIT OF [YOUR NAME]

1. I am [Your Name].

4. On [date you fled your country], I fled [Your country] using false travel documents[OR EWI] and requested political asylum in the United States due to [reason you listed on your asylum application].

5. I was interviewed by the INS[OR USCIS] in [Date,year]. [List what you told them including that you did not hide the fact you came with a false passport and you had to get a false passport to save your life.

6. I was granted asylee status on [date,year] and currently reside in [city,town]. Due to my generous acceptance into the United Staes, I have been able to develop a productive life. I have earned a [degree] from [school]. This item is attached as exhibit A. I am currently a [job title if proffesional], [include job letter as exhibit b]. This item is attached as Exhibit B.

7. I have always paid my taxes in the United States since the [date you started to file taxes.] This is attached as Exhibit C.

8. [family realtions go here], for instance, I am married to a U.S CItizen or have U.S Citizen kids. I am responsible for their physical, emotional & financial well-being.The birth certificates/marriage certificates are attached as Exhibit D.

9. I have not been back to [country] since I came to the United States and do not have any family members there.[If you have family members in your home country, you can skip].

10. If I was forced to return to [country], I would certainly be killed or tortured for [the reason you listed in your asylum applicatoin]. [Also if conditions have changed for the better, explain that you are still persecuted, if it has changed for the worst, explain that here and attach any articles if you can.]

I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and belief. Signed this ___ day of ______, 2005.

SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN TO
of _______, 20005.

re: I602 TEMPLATE

Thanks for sharing this awesome template. This is exactly what is required. I have a friend who has to submit one and we have been working on it for a week and this basically sumarized all what we needed.
This forum is 100X better than any lawyer.
Thanks be to God!!!!

waitinglifetime said:
Guys ...
Can any one expain what this for ? 2 member asked the Q ad no answer :confused:

do some research by looking over old posts in this chat board. you will quickly find out the functions of the I-602. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wantmygcnow!
I got my assylum aproval from immigration judge after deportation hearing in 1997,could you tell me I need to fill I-602 WITH My APPLICATION or wait to ask from INS.

AS1997 said:
Wantmygcnow!
I got my assylum aproval from immigration judge after deportation hearing in 1997,could you tell me I need to fill I-602 WITH My APPLICATION or wait to ask from INS.
just wait

wantmygcnow said:
just wait
wantmygcnow! thanks for reply,is your mean I DO N'T NEED to fill 1-602 with my application untill they ask.please also tell me that now which documents i need to attach with my I-485 APPLICATION. could you also tell me that from 1st april nebraska center has changed the adress to apply 1485. if you know please update.

Last edited by a moderator:
wantmygcnow said:

In re I-602 waiver )

AFFIDAVIT OF [YOUR NAME]

1. I am [Your Name].

SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN TO
of _______, 20005.

Wantmygcnow,

Can you tell us what could be other circumstances, except entry with a false passport, when one needs to file this form ? Will it also apply if someone worked illegally in the U.S. before an asylum status was granted?

AS1997 said:
wantmygcnow! thanks for reply,is your mean I DO N'T NEED to fill 1-602 with my application untill they ask.please also tell me that now which documents i need to attach with my I-485 APPLICATION. could you also tell me that from 1st april nebraska center has changed the adress to apply 1485. if you know please update.
PLEASE REPLY.

Minsk said:
Wantmygcnow,

Can you tell us what could be other circumstances, except entry with a false passport, when one needs to file this form ? Will it also apply if someone worked illegally in the U.S. before an asylum status was granted?

Working without permission does NOT require a waiver.

Is I-602 usually approved for asylees/refugees based on Humanitarian and public interest grounds absent of family unity? How well does the adjudication of a waiver for refugees becomes positive. Is the waiver usually granted in most cases or the applicant will have to proof beyond reasonable doubt that there would be hardship to a U.S Citizen Spouse.

Do i have to file this with an i-485 eventhough i was an "arriving alien" who was inspected at the border but was without a valid immigrant visa, passport etc...my charging document said section 212 (a)(7)(A)(i)(I). I have been granted asylum since then by an IJ. I thought the grant of asylum should automatically waive any inadmissibility.

Parents and pediatricians are becoming much more aware these days of the possible side effects of the medicines that kids are being prescribed.

Immigration Visas

Immigration Visas International has a policy of making sure that the client gets the services that s/he pays for otherwise fees (except for expenses incurred on be-half of client) are refunded. In addition, Immigration and Visa International, firmly believes that it's growth is based on satisfying and providing exceptional service to its clients therefore our policies and fees have been structured to meet those criteria's.

Do i have to file this with an i-485 eventhough i was an "arriving alien" who was inspected at the border but was without a valid immigrant visa, passport etc...my charging document said section 212 (a)(7)(A)(i)(I). I have been granted asylum since then by an IJ. I thought the grant of asylum should automatically waive any inadmissibility.

Waivers of inadmissibility for refugees and asylees.

(a) Legal Authority . (Revised 10-31-2005; AFM AD05-33) Under section 209(c) of the Act, the inadmissibility grounds se t out in sections 212(a)(4) (public charge), 212(a)(5) (labor certification), and 212(a)(7)(A) (immigrant documentation requirements) of the Act do not apply to asylee and refugee adjustment applicants.

Section 209(c) of the Act prohibits the Secretary from waiving the following grounds of inadmissibility:

• Section 212(a)(2)(C) of the Act relating to drug trafficking;

• Section 212(a)(3)(A) of the Act relating to security grounds;

• Section 212(a)(3)(B) of the Act relating to terrorist activities;

• Section 212(a)(3)(C) of the Act relating to foreign policy considerations;and

• Section 212(a)(3)(E) of the Act relating to Nazi persecution and genocide.

The Secretary may waive any other ground of inadmissibility under section 212(a) of the Act for humanitarian purposes, to assure family unity, or when it is otherwise in the public interest.