I-485

Minsk

Registered Users (C)
I apologize in advance if this questioned has been asked before. Could someone provide with the link that would show all documents needed to apply for Green Card based on asylum? Is there a checklist online that I can use to help my friend to fill out asylum-based I-485? Thanks.

My understanding is that the below need to be sent along with I-485:
IO decision or I-94 stating the date when asylum status was granted
2 photos
Form G-325A Biographic info
Form I-693 Medical Examination
Check for $1,070
Do we also need to include translated and certified Birth Certificate?
Did I miss anything?

After you review the I-485 instructions ask yourself "What is already in my A-file?" You have submitted a bunch of things already and you fled from your home country so, it may be difficult or impossible to get anything from there now. If you have already submitted documents when seeking asylum, they are already in your file so, you can just refer to them in a letter with your application.

Go to the USCIS website. It provides all the information.

Thanks a lot for a useful advice. I obviously went to uscis.gov before posting here. The thing that confused me was the requirement to submit a copy of Birth Certificate. I don't remember that as being a requirement back in 2005 when I applied for my GC. What if a person does not have a Birth Certificate? what would be a substitute?

Thanks a lot for a useful advice. I obviously went to uscis.gov before posting here. The thing that confused me was the requirement to submit a copy of Birth Certificate. I don't remember that as being a requirement back in 2005 when I applied for my GC. What if a person does not have a Birth Certificate? what would be a substitute?

I did not send my birth certificate also because I did not have one. I think as a substitute you could send in a copy of your passport page that has your information.