I-485 Waiting for Derivative???

It really depends on whether your spouse will be stuck in NC or not. If everything gets cleared smoothly with PD current, approval can happen anytime. Approval in 2-3 months is an extremely lucky case I guess, but say 4 to 8 months? (TSC is not so quick as sometime ago most certainly due to a huge inflow of applicaitons). As for FP, usually one (code-3), which is valid for 15 months. So if unfortunately she should get stuck in NC for more than that, then a 2nd FP would be required.

But you know, it's really difficult to make predictions. So too many variables involved there.

I am also in this boat now. Waiting for spouse GC.
Thanks geo for ans in other forum.

After the Primary get approved, the spouse will have to undergo 2 FP's or just 1? Also a Name Check?
Also assuming PD current, can it generally be aproxximated to take 2-6 months?

Thanks
Mohit
-------------
EB3(VSC), India/PD - Sep 2002
May 31, 2007 - Spouse I485 sent
June 4, 2007 - My I-485 Approved
-------------

Tell gb04 :)

I guess it really is how lucky we are, if it's infopass, call by POJ, or even call to FBI. Some officers are cool enough to disclose info about OURSELVES, others are just too dumb... ;)

But I do imagine the success rate is even lower with FBI.

My spouse just called the FBI according to instructions. All they told him was that his FP results were sent back to USCIS on May 14th (there has not been any LUDs though). The agent said name check id done by another department and they dont speak to the public.

Try searching the forums... some people are trying writing to their congresspersons and/or Laura Bush for help. No guarantee of success, but may be worth trying.

Just got back from Infopass appointment and the officer confirmed that it is stuck in name check.

If anyone has ideas on anything that can be done so that name check can be completed before dates retrogress again, please share :)

Thanks

Spouse's 485 RD: 12/2004
AD: Still waiting
EB3. India. NSC.

Am I stuck ???

My case was approved on 06/01/07
PD:05/2002
I485 -RD for both me and spouse-04/2004
latest FP is done on 03/07for spouse

My spouse case is still pending.
Case status still shows FP status received and prcessesed in 2004.Though after that 2 more finger prints are done for her.

Now I opened a SC and they replied on 06/05/07 that currently we are reviewing this case.We will let you know a decision or send a notice of action within 2-3 months from this letter's date.

This doesn't say anything about security check or anything else.So I am not sure if it could have still suck there or it's just processing delay...

Sounds to me...

... like they are reviewing your wife's case for adjudication. If she is stuck in NC, their reply to SC usually mentions security check is pending.

My case was approved on 06/01/07
PD:05/2002
I485 -RD for both me and spouse-04/2004
latest FP is done on 03/07for spouse

My spouse case is still pending.
Case status still shows FP status received and prcessesed in 2004.Though after that 2 more finger prints are done for her.

Now I opened a SC and they replied on 06/05/07 that currently we are reviewing this case.We will let you know a decision or send a notice of action within 2-3 months from this letter's date.

This doesn't say anything about security check or anything else.So I am not sure if it could have still suck there or it's just processing delay...

Hi,

July VB is going to slow down the process of I-485 applications further. Probably we all need to wait for more time for our spouses' case approval :)

That's what I thought

And it is basically the flood gate opened and another severe wave of retrogression is expected to strike early FY08 from the beginning of this "all current" thingy, I wonder how badly our spouses will be affected by this. Our cases are ROW EB2, so my spouse's case will probably remain current (I hope!). But for those from India and China, it is an excruciating time. I hope things will get done for us by the end of this fiscal year.

Hi,

July VB is going to slow down the process of I-485 applications further. Probably we all need to wait for more time for our spouses' case approval :)

may be too early

It may be too early to jump on this club, but let me reserve the slot anyway..

mine was approved on 11th of this month, there is not LUD on my wife's case. [EB2/India/PD:12/2003]

We don't welcome you to the club just yet...

But your reservation is sure accepted ;)

Give us your case details. Also, any idea about your wife's security check status?

It may be too early to jump on this club, but let me reserve the slot anyway..

mine was approved on 11th of this month, there is not LUD on my wife's case. [EB2/India/PD:12/2003]

count ours too !

My 485 was approved in Apr 05. My wife got an rfe and then got caught in the retrogression wave :( .. pd 11/2001 . trfd to tsc on mar 15 '07 2fp in may 07 :confused:

Did anyone from this thread ever got thier derivative spouse approved yet? Its quite concerning reading thru this thread how many are waiting when both should be approved at the same time.

Nothing yet

Did anyone from this thread ever got thier derivative spouse approved yet? Its quite concerning reading thru this thread how many are waiting when both should be approved at the same time.

We havent heard anything at all. No LUDs or change in message. Senator's office says we have to wait at least 180 days to hear from their side-that makes it end of July for news from them....

Anya:

One more thought. Since all EB categories will become current from July 1, 2007 then service centers might start processing cases as per the RD of I-485 (no matter whether you got the approval under extraordinary ability or outstanding researcher). there are several EB-3 cases pending with PD 2002/2003 before your turn and my turn comes in :). that is what I am thinking.

We havent heard anything at all. No LUDs or change in message. Senator's office says we have to wait at least 180 days to hear from their side-that makes it end of July for news from them....

What is up with that 180 days? Are they flooded with similar requests? (Or are they going to fully and meticulously investigate? ;))

Hi geofu,

My attorney contacted TSC and the officer asked him to call back tomorrow. He has told last week that my spouse file was given to an officer to finalize. Nobody knows how far it is true. Tomorrow my attorney will call TSC again. I can't believe till I see something positive.

Incase if the date is passed by June 30, 2007 then i am not expecting something good can happen since all EB is going to be current. Then what ???? WAIT GAME WILL START.........

Hi madgu,

Good for you and your spouse, at least that sounds pretty promising! Please do keep us posted... I hope you guys will hear good news soon. Yeah, June 30 is the line I too think... once the flood gate is completely open, our spouses' cases will most certainly be pushed far back away. I really hope we all can have it behind by the end of this month!

Hi geofu,

My attorney contacted TSC and the officer asked him to call back tomorrow. He has told last week that my spouse file was given to an officer to finalize. Nobody knows how far it is true. Tomorrow my attorney will call TSC again. I can't believe till I see something positive.

Incase if the date is passed by June 30, 2007 then i am not expecting something good can happen since all EB is going to be current. Then what ???? WAIT GAME WILL START.........

My wife called the 800 number a while back and they had absolutely no information ! She hasnt tried the poj method mentioned in this forum tho' .

But what surprises me is that none of the derivative cases have been approved ! A friend's sons' case was caught in the retro also .. no news even on that ! We were all assured back then that ours will be the first to be approved as soon as the visa numbers would become available :( What do you think they are upto now ? Wait and send RFE's again and push us into another retro ??