I-485 Waiting for Derivative???

Hi geo,

Can the primary accompany with the spouse for the interview? I am also thinking to make an infopass. not sure when? Please post your outcome.

Thanks

Hi madgu,

By the "interview" you meant an infopass appointment, given the context? If so, yes, you can go with your wife and talk to an IO. We did our first infopass early this March, and I went with her and asked questions too (the upcoming one is our second, this Friday. We are going together).

You may want to try... it may help get clear our sense of uncertainty.

Hi geo,

Can the primary accompany with the spouse for the interview? I am also thinking to make an infopass. not sure when? Please post your outcome.

Thanks

a little late in joining in

Hi,
I'm jumping in a little late.
My wife's GC is pending since Nov 04. PD is Jan 2003. (She was stuck in security check). Then stuck in retrogression. She called TSC and spoke to someone at the end of June 07, and was told her file is assigned to an IO. She (my wife) specifically asked if everything was all clear, and the lady at the other end said "Yes, you are all set". Heaven knows what to believe. We don't know if her case will be adjudicated until Oct 07.
For the person with the infopass appt, please let us know how it goes. I'm thinking perhaps we should go for infopass too, then maybe things will be a little clearer.

Anya4ever, sorry to see you still here. I guess we are old timers here now.

no_idEAS

same boat ..

Hey no_ideas

Wait a painful wait ! My wive's is pending from May 05 and I know how painful it is :(
When she called TSC in jun, she ended up with a very rude IO and was given no information at all :mad: But there was a lud on her case after the call .Dunno whether its for better or for worse :( At least you have the consolation that you are all set !!

Hey no_id...

... welcome to the club ...

It's good your wife's case is assigned to an officer (at least per TSC). In that case things may not be entirely hopeless.

That's what we want to know if it's hopeless or not. We just don't want to live in the state of uncertainty and craziness for next several weeks. It is what it is if it is the end of the game till Oct. But not knowing what it is drives us nuts.

The spouse's case most certainly has been with an adjudication officer for quite a while. We had one infopass (3/2), two POJ calls (mid to late May and early to mid June), and one inquiry through Senator's case work office. The info are all consistent from all the sources.

So this Friday we're gonna ask if a visa is allotted to her case, or wait till Oct.

Infopass today... (7/6/07)

Hi madgu,

Any updates Geo???

Yup. We went to our local office at 10:00 AM today. It was a different guy today from the last time, but he talked to us in as a congenial manner as the officer the last time... so I guess friendliness was probably the whole local office culture thing.

Anyway, here is what we learned today.

(1) CIS is indeed working on those 60K visa numbers, and they will keep working on them for the next three months and approve cases as they are getting ready for adjudication. So the revised visa bulletin simply means they won't accept new applications during the rest of this fiscal year, but they will approve pending cases that are good to go. Meaning they did allot those numbers to pending cases in the RD order, regardless of the security check status.

(2) My spouse's case is one of those 60K, so she does have a visa allotted. Basically, if your case is with an adjudication officer, it means you have a visa. So madgu, I think this means your wife most likely has a visa allotted.

(3) However, although they did not care about security check status of those pending cases when they allotted visa numbers, they do care in adjudicating cases. Meaning they will not approve cases with their security check pending, including FBI name checks (at least that's what the officer told us).

(4) So when your case will get approved really depends on where you are and what cases are before you in the queue. It could get approved tomorrow, it could next week, or it could in September. You just need to wait. If many of those cases before you in the queue have their security check pending, then those cases are placed at the end of the line so you are pushed forward (CIS will see if those stuck in security check get it cleared in time for adjudication this fiscal year).

(5) You being allotted a visa number does not necessarily mean that you WILL get it approved within this fiscal year. There is no guarantee. Say if they cannot reach your case in time, then you may have to wait until after October. Meaning there are possibilities there may be wasted visa numbers at the end of September.

And another thing he mentioned that is interesting was H1-b dependents seem to "get lumped together." Last time we did an infopass on 3/2, we were told something similar. They seemed to be implying (but they did not explicitly say so, so take it for whatever it may be worth) those cases are often kept on hold for a while for sorta fine-tuning (numbers calibrating). Considering the way DOS was so conservative about authorizing visa numbers during the first three quarters this FY, this seems to make sense. In fact, we had it confirmed today (and it is 5th time we've confirmed this!) my spouse got NC cleared in two weeks and got everything cleared in a month. Really no other clear reason it's still pending in that light.

We will contact the Senator's case work office again next week, and also will try to call TSC, to confirm what we learned today.

geo

Travelling

I am planning to travel to India next month . Do I have to surrender the I-94 with an expiration dt. of 03/28/2007 at the time of departure. I have an AP good trough april of 2008 and EAD good through July 2008. Any advice is greatly appreciated. My husbands and daughters 1-485 has been approved already.my daughter is travelling with me.

ra, what is your current status?

I am planning to travel to India next month . Do I have to surrender the I-94 with an expiration dt. of 03/28/2007 at the time of departure. I have an AP good trough april of 2008 and EAD good through July 2008. Any advice is greatly appreciated. My husbands and daughters 1-485 has been approved already.my daughter is travelling with me.

Hi geo,

my attorney sent a fax to the director BUT there is no response as usual. I stopped thinking at the moment after seeing the VB. If there is something positive I will let you know.

Hi madgu, suggestion...

Hi madgu,

May I suggest that we change the thread title by adding the word "Tracker"? Looks like quite a few recent approval cases have their dependents still pending. It may be good to put info of those cases together at one place, rather than each starts a new thread and info scatters -- that may help us get some rough idea what is going on.

geo

Derivative Appproved!

Hi everyone,

Got the magic email yesterday for my wife.....

------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On July 16, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

So I am assuming they are sending us a notice saying that we have to go for PP stamping? I do not know what the procedure is now since I was approved almost 3 yrs ago.

Congratulations!!!!!

3 years is such a long time. I'm so happy for you guys!

I think they will just send your wife a new card. Wait for just a few days, and you should receive another email, either "card ordered" or "card mailed" (most likely the latter).

Celebration time! :)

Hi everyone,

Got the magic email yesterday for my wife.....

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On July 16, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

So I am assuming they are sending us a notice saying that we have to go for PP stamping? I do not know what the procedure is now since I was approved almost 3 yrs ago.

Hi madgu,

May I suggest that we change the thread title by adding the word "Tracker"? Looks like quite a few recent approval cases have their dependents still pending. It may be good to put info of those cases together at one place, rather than each starts a new thread and info scatters -- that may help us get some rough idea what is going on.

geo

no problem geo. how to change the title? let me know

How about "Tracker: Waiting for Derivative's I-485 Approval" or something like that?

I'll count later (when I get some time) how many such cases are posted here and in other "waiting for spouse" sorta threads.

no problem geo. how to change the title? let me know