I-485 Waiting for Derivative???

If you mean she called National Service Center's customer service, yes they are utterly useless (except for the basics and SR initiation). Try TSC by POJ. It still depends on your luck whether to get a helpful IO or not, but you should get one once in a while. Also try infopass if possible (more likely to be helpful).

My wife called the 800 number a while back and they had absolutely no information ! She hasnt tried the poj method mentioned in this forum tho' .

But what surprises me is that none of the derivative cases have been approved ! A friend's sons' case was caught in the retro also .. no news even on that ! We were all assured back then that ours will be the first to be approved as soon as the visa numbers would become available :( What do you think they are upto now ? Wait and send RFE's again and push us into another retro ??

Hi madgu,

Good for you and your spouse, at least that sounds pretty promising! Please do keep us posted... I hope you guys will hear good news soon. Yeah, June 30 is the line I too think... once the flood gate is completely open, our spouses' cases will most certainly be pushed far back away. I really hope we all can have it behind by the end of this month!

My attorney had a talk this afternoon with one of the TSC officer and the officer said that he will send an email to the adjudicating officer who is finalizing my spouse case. do you think once it has gone to the officer then even the dates crosses June 30 it matters? or we will get stuck with the flood gate :) I will ask again my attorney to call TSC next week.

Madgu:

That is good news. Does your lawyer also calls the usual 1-800# or he has a direct number? I am just curious and may perhaps ask my lawyer to do the same too.

Good that you have such a sincere lawyer. Do also let us know how the situation develops over the next few days.

Sun

sun07,

my attorney calls 1-800 #. I am now applying for AP for my spouse eventhough the present one expires in Oct. 2007 (second week). After we apply for AP can we travel abroad since current AP is valid till Oct. 2007. Will there be any problem? In case my spouse's 485 is approved will there be any problem at the port of Entry (USA)? Any suggestions........

There will not be a problem if the GC is approved when you are travelling outside US. My GC was approved on 7th, when I was in India. I came back on 11th (on AP). They did not say anything at the port of entry. All they did was make me wait for an extra hour(to verify the AP document) and gave back my passport.

Hi empyrean,

Thanks for your input. I have one more question. Now that the current AP of my spouse is valid till Oct. 2007. I am planning to apply for extension. AFter applying for extension (when the new AP is pending) can we travel with the current AP? what happens when we are away the extension of AP is approved? there will be a overlap of two APs. any clue..... I hope you got my question.

Hi empyrean,

Thanks for your input. I have one more question. Now that the current AP of my spouse is valid till Oct. 2007. I am planning to apply for extension. AFter applying for extension (when the new AP is pending) can we travel with the current AP? what happens when we are away the extension of AP is approved? there will be a overlap of two APs. any clue..... I hope you got my question.

Yes. You can travel with the current AP when the application for new AP is pending but make sure that you return before the end of the valid to date of the current AP.
If the new AP gets approved when you are travelling, it will not have any effect on your current AP. The new AP will be waiting for you in your mail box.

Thanks dallas,

If the new AP is approved say in July 2007 (when we are in India) then what will happen to the current AP that we have (which is valid till Oct 2007). can we enter to US with the current AP?

I dont mean to say other issues are not important but this thread is for people who had primary approved and derivative still waiting.

So coming back to that...

Anyone got any spouse/dependents approved yet?

Anya:

One more thought. Since all EB categories will become current from July 1, 2007 then service centers might start processing cases as per the RD of I-485 (no matter whether you got the approval under extraordinary ability or outstanding researcher). there are several EB-3 cases pending with PD 2002/2003 before your turn and my turn comes in :). that is what I am thinking.

Thanx for cheering me up madgu.;) I hope you are wrong. If not, then it translates to a few more years of wait for us.

Our lawyer is pressing us to file a case; which means more money for him. I wonder if we should get into this case filing thing by ourselves-without a lawyer...any thoughts?

Thanks dallas,

If the new AP is approved say in July 2007 (when we are in India) then what will happen to the current AP that we have (which is valid till Oct 2007). can we enter to US with the current AP?

Yes. You can enter US with the current AP till the valid to date in Oct '07. New AP does not have any effect on current AP.

Just an update.

My attorney contacted TSC again and was told that several weeks before my spouse case was assigned to an officer. BUT still nothing is happening. do you guys think once it is assigned to an officer Visa number is allotted to that case. Your input is appreciated.

good ..

hey .. thats some good news for you ! People have been posting in this forum that all cases assigned to oficers have visa numbers. So ..relax.

Here's our update...

So our senator's case work office contacted CIS for us. It does not make any remarkable difference, of course, but they were very quick to respond and we appreciate it. At least it is via official route and we can count on the validity, plus it may draw a bit of their attention to the spouse's case...

They confirmed that the spouse's case is indeed with an adjudication officer. This matches the info we got from Infopass and POJ, so I guess we can be sure it is really in a queue. The only difference was last we called it was "within 60 days" and now it was within 30 days. LOL. So hopefully it is making some progress. If nothing happens in 30 days, the case work office will talk to them again.

Hope we all hear good news about our spouses early July here...

Visa number assigned

do you guys think once it is assigned to an officer Visa number is allotted to that case. Your input is appreciated.

That's what I thought...although I'm not 100% sure. If that is the case (visa number alloted), then at least we wouldn't have to worry too much about what may happen on 7/2 or 7/3. I really want to have this confirmed... because otherwise it may be wait till October.

Thank you geofu54. My attorney has sent a FAX to the TSC center director. i am not expecting anything next week (july 4 holiday week :))

Hello Guys!

For what it is now worth (considering DOS July Update), my wife got "Card ordered" email yesterday. I was approved as principal on June 15th and nothing on my wife's case. I called TSC one time and I was all ready to get ready to wait at least until October and email came in... On June 30th we ordered production of your new card.....

I have never been so lucky in my life that you get approved a day before dates becomes unavailable. But then again it is not me but my wife's luck that played.

I wanted to update all the folks whose spouse are stuck that it is possible to get approval within a space of few weeks and perhaps will get approved, come October 2007.

Good look my freinds. I am now done with GC. Phew!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Sun, congrats!

That's great news. You guys can now have this whole craziness behind and enjoy your life. Congrats!

Hello Guys!

For what it is now worth (considering DOS July Update), my wife got "Card ordered" email yesterday. I was approved as principal on June 15th and nothing on my wife's case. I called TSC one time and I was all ready to get ready to wait at least until October and email came in... On June 30th we ordered production of your new card.....

I have never been so lucky in my life that you get approved a day before dates becomes unavailable. But then again it is not me but my wife's luck that played.

I wanted to update all the folks whose spouse are stuck that it is possible to get approval within a space of few weeks and perhaps will get approved, come October 2007.

Good look my freinds. I am now done with GC. Phew!

After a lot of thoughts...

We are going to Infopass anyway on the 6th as scheduled. Also ask Senator's office to obtain whatever info. We really need to know if those 60,000 were all "approved" or "pre-allotted." We know the spouse's case was assigned to an officer at the point of mid to late May at the least. Exactly since when it's been with an officer, we don't know, but hey, it may not be entirely hopeless.

Once we have a clear idea and there will be nothing until Oct, then we'll have this out of our head for a while and just get a life. Seriously, no point letting them ruin our life.

Meanwhile though, she will prepare filing for AP within this month (before the fee raise). She doesn't have an H1-b sticker, so just in case of emergency/urgent need to get out of the country, coz you have no idea if you can have an interview scheduled at the embassy in a timely manner in such a case.

Please post if anyone have any update. In the meantime, let's keep the spirit high.