I-485 transferred from Vermont to Texas

I got the transfer email today.

"On March 7, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action.Please follow any instructions on this notice."

Any of you got the notice with the instructions? What do the instructions say? Do they require you to do anything within a specified time frame?

anyone still at Vermont?

My case (485) is still at Vermont. I am wondering: is there anyone whose case has NOT been transferred to Texas from Vermont?
Also, someone here said their message is more detailed now. Mine hasn't changed :(

.....So Many Transfers !!!!!!!!!
It appears to me as just a part of their restructuring/reorganizing/work redistribution process. Not to be read too much into it...
At least now let us hope they do what are supposed to do...customer service...;)

My Case Not Transferred

qplearn

Even my case is not transferred. Two of my friend's cases were transferred last week and this week.

I really start to worry now as why few cases were not transferred.

Our cases (me and my wife) are also transfered from Vermont to Texas. I got the same email. Our priority date is April 2005.

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status:
This case has been sent to another office for processing. On March 7, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register. If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283. *Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status & Processing Dates.*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message. Sincerely, The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Last edited by a moderator:
qplearn

Even my case is not transferred. Two of my friend's cases were transferred last week and this week.

I really start to worry now as why few cases were not transferred.
Don't worry about it ... they can't transfer everybody's case at the same time. Yours will probably be done before the end of the month.

This is what is going on

03/03/2007: Ongoing 485 Transfers from VSC to TSC for East Cases and from CSC to NSC for West Cases

Immigrants are reporting that their pending I-485 applications have lately been transferred from VSC or CSC to either TSC or NSC depending on where they are located. This report is consistent with the Phase III of Bi-Specialization Program. There also were some reports that these immigrants had received a confusing information from the officials as to the processing queue of their cases in the TSC or NSC, but the NSC and TSC have consistently reported in the AILA liaison meetings that they would keep the original processing queue before the transfers. Obviously such transfers and maintenance of queues may affect the processing times for I-485 cases and I-485 processing times for NSC and TSC.
The USCIS has yet to announce the exact date of launch of the Phase III Bi-Specialization Program, but pending the launch of Phase III program, some confusion may continue to arise for pending petitions and applications. Immigrants should bear with the USCIS to help them to complete its reengineering process successfully.
Source Immigration- law.com

Well I too join the list of I-485 transferred to texas as of Notice Date of Mar 2nd 2007.

This is horrible ! from more than a year I hv been waiting for the Priority date to become current (EB3 is 8May 2001) I am on Sep 2001.

Guess what ! Now I also need to wait the processing date at TEXAS center to become current. As of now they are processing EB-3 cases with NOTICE DATE of "Aug 1 2006" so I may have to wait 4-6 mths before they even touch my case.

And then I would keep waiting for the Priority Date...

Then I guess some thing else.....tll rest of the life span.....

Well, this is just great !! isnt it ??

official transfer notice says

"This is to advise you that in order to speed up processing we have transferred the above case to the following USCIS office for processing:
Texas Service Center,..."

Hope it's not just words... I-485 pending since march, 2004, PD is current

The case transfer may not good for couple of reasons

-How are they going to process these cases, I mean processing queue. On what basis the files will be stacked up. Atleast earlier we had a better chance of getting quick approvals because the officer would have known about the case very well; it'll take less time if the case is handled by the same officer, now its all going to one big pie.

-Whoever is going to pickup the case they need to understand the wholething before approval; if they have slight doubt then we can expect RFE's elongated processing time for no good reason

-Applicant's have similar priority date from different center will get stacked up based on the application arrival to TSC or NSC

Bottom line, add few more months than regular service center approval, expect RFE's, anything goes to backlog is not a good sign -- expect long long delays....

We got some emails today that our (myself+wife) cases have been transferred from Vermont to Texas service center. My I485 was filed with Vermont Service Center 2 1/2 years back and pending since then. Can somebody tell me where to file AP and EAD renewal?

Thanks

AP & EAD have to be filed at pending service center. So all people who have been transferred to texas will need to submit applications to texas

LUDs on 485s transferred to TSC

Since our 485s got transferred to TSC from VSC a week ago, I have seen 3-4 LUDs - almost daily. Wonder if this has something to do with the bulk transfer or if TSC is actually processing cases. Anybody else seeing LUDs on cases transferred to TSC in March?

EB2 RIR at VSC from New York
LC: FD 08/2001 AD 12/2004
self+spouse 140/485/EAD/AP at VSC: RD 12/30/2004 ND 01/19/05
140 approved: 3/2005
LUD: 12/3/2006, 3/7/2007 (transferred from VSC to TSC), 3/12/2007, 3/13/2007

i looked at the uscis site for texas center. it seems texas center has different po box numbers depending on type of application, i-131 or i-765 etc unlike vermont where we sent to 1 single address. did i read right?

I received transfer notice today, it states that 'inorder to speedup your case we are transferring to texas center', good joke :)

I dont know the definition of speeup :) :( :eek: :cool: :p ;) :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :D , does everyone getting a similar type of notice?

I have a feeling that I wont get my GC for next 2 years.