I-485 rfe help!!!

santipawar

Registered Users (C)
Both me and my wife's I-485 have got RFE notices.Can someone please tell me what this means. Does it mean that my I-485 is up for adjudication or something else.

"Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On December 4, 2008, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address."

It means that they need additional evidence to process your case - perhaps you forgot to include a piece of information. When the notice arrives it should tell you what to send, and just send it in. Hopefully ti won't be too much hassle :)

"I-485 rfe help!!!"

That subject line sounds like a panicked scream. :)
The Gestapo or NKVD is not coming for you.
Chill out. Wait for the actual notice to arrive and see what evidence is being requested.
Most likely it's something simple that can easily be taken care of.
nj_skm

Thanks nutrient 2 and nj_skm. I am not panicking but just curious. Does it mean that they are now considering my and my wife's case for approval and need additional evidence (that they requested) to approve?