I-485 Receipt Tracking (TSC I-485)

No Title

Hi all,

I just received an Email from my lawyer about the fronglog of the immigration applications.

INS Mail Room “Frontlogs”

The mail rooms at the four INS service centers are currently experiencing backlogs processing incoming cases. The backlogs in the mail rooms are affecting the issuance of filing receipts, so it is currently taking up to three months to receive filing receipts.

These delays are caused, in part, by the high volume of cases filed under the recently re-enacted provision which allows aliens who would otherwise be barred to apply for adjustment of status. The service centers are allocating resources to reduce the backlogs, but until this is accomplished, delays in receiving receipt notices and approval notices should be anticipated.

This is a real test for our patience. Let\'s hang in there and keep exchanging info.

Thanks.

YK

No Title

My lawyer sent mine by Fed-Ex yesterday 6/26 and let me know that they definitely recieved it today 6/27. So the wait begins for RD/ND!

No Title

psvgc,
Bank of America updates their database only once a day. Sometime after midniht after all the checks are posted. Checking that site once a day should be OK.

The good news is that, no matter when you get RD, the day they enter the case into system they put FeD Ex date as RD. Your count down begins there..

Anybody has any other guess...

No Title

Could some one tell me how long it took for you to get the finger print call once filing 485? I received the receipt for 485 filing on the 15th of March and my understanding was it usually takes 3 months. Mine has crossed that time limit and I have not yet gotten the FPrinting call? Can some one enlighten me

thanks

Vinod

No Title

Vinod,
People who have filed in Dec 00 are still waiting. With current status, hang in there for 8 months.

No Title

YK, PSVGC, LongGC and others
Please give me your opinion on this situation. I have applied for 485/EAD on May 8th. Still waiting for the reciept to come. My wife has just started her residency and she is working there without pay. We were fine with not getting paid, but she just found out that since she is not officially an employee, her time from now till her EAD would not be counted towards her program. We are little worried now. They are willing to do H1. Here are my options, please add if I missed any:

1. Wait for EAD.
2. Apply for H1 now.
3. Apply for H1 after July 30th (Premium Processing start date)

Whenever I get my RD and assuming that my reciept date is around May 8th, then option 4

4. Wait for 90 days and get EAD from local INS center.

Please provide your input.
Thanks
GCHopes

No Title

Hello GCHopes,
The answer depends on whether you are willing to foregt the time spent working on residency? As it is your wife is working there for no money.

Let us take the worst scenario,
Your wife\'s 90 days of residency work will not be counted. (That is until you get interim EAD after approaching loacal INS)

In case, you need to include these days,then file for her H1. You do not need approval of H1. This way, she gets paid and the days are included in residency. It is likely that you will get EAD way before her H1 is approved. But I will not wait until premium processing starts. That does not help you in any way.

Once she gets EAD, then it is her wish to USE it or NOT.

Option 2. Best
Option 1. Last resort had there been no choice.
Option 3. When H1 can be done why wait. Good news is that the hospital is redy to do her H1.
Option 4. Same as 1.

Hope is helps.
Discalaimer: I am not an attorney and have very little knowledge of GC process.

No Title

Finally I got my EAD renewal Receipt from TSC yesterday. FedEx\'ed on May 18, 2001, received by TSC May 19, 2001, Receipt notices RD is June 13, 2001 and ND July 3, 2001. My EAD expires on August 12, 2001. Can I get temporary EAD from local INS?
Thanks

No Title

If the express mail receipt is not stamped with a date (just acknowledge with sign) when the 485 packet was received by the INS, what will be the RD in the receipt notice. Anyone have similar experience, please share. Thanks

No Title

GCHopes,

Sorry for the late response, but I just came home from vacation. I quite agree with longGC\'s opinion, though I do not quite understand the Premium Processing date issue. Your option 2 is the best to me.

Thanks.

YK