I 485 receipt tracker. August 15 - August 30

I have not rec. the rec. notice and also my checks have not been cashed.

I have to wait this week as I may get Rnotice and EAD this week
.MD aug 21

No Title

Thanks Guys, but when ever I dial the INS number, it\'s always busy, what is the good time to call

CALL IIO and she will give you EAC no. I called up and they gave me all the EAc

I called up 2 min back and she gave me all the EAC no.
ead
But have not rec. the notice . I will keep u postd regarding the Rec, notice and EAD
ND oct 17
RN aug 22

I485 ISSUE

Hai,
   I filed my 485 in vermont one week back along with parolevisa & EAD.I want to go to India by nov 1st week. I have a valid H1 & my wife has a valid H4 until april2003. i have applied for EAD for both myself & my wife. I have not even got my receipt date. IS IT ADVISABLE TO GO TO INDIA IN THIS TIME.

Most of you may not like but pls. stop calling IIO\'s

Think about it guys we all are just waiting for the receipts and by just getting the receipt notices or knowing the EAC numbers really doesn\'t help us. And we all very well know that it is a long way to go. Every time we call a IIO we are taking them away from their work which might & will slow down the actual process of approving 485\'s. Let them spend their time for approvals and answering guys who really need assistance/information from IIO\'s. We all know that this week or next week we get our receipts so please be patient. We all will be there some day or the other.

I\'m sorry if it hurts someone\'s feelings but this is what I thought and most of the guys in this thread seems to be nice people so I\'m sure you will try to understand what I\'m trying to tell you guys.

Regards
Archie

No Title

It is no harm to call IIO, Their job is to answer questions and they do not judicate cases otherwise. However, most of the time, it is useless to call IIO since they never give you accurate information. So I have never called IIO, instead, I read posting in this board in the past 2 years. This is very good discussion board.

vscwaiter100, I agree that it is their duty but....

what do you get by just knowing the receipt number. I would say if you waited for a reasonable time and still if you didn\'t get the receipt then call but people are calling just to know their EAC # that is really not necessary.

I have to disagree with the statement that otherwise they dont\' adjudicate the cases. That is totally wrong whether you call them or not they will adjudicate cases. You are on this board for 2 years so there are many people who got their case adjudicated without even calling IIO\'s once.

So I\'m not saying don\'t call IIO\'s but be reasonable don\'t call them and waste their time for the things which you don\'t need to call them.

That\'s all folks.

I agree gc_archie

you can call IIO if for sure you know that people who filed in the same time frame have got their receipts then go ahead and call IIO just for your satisfaction. Otherwise realistically by having the EAC no\'s if of no use until we see some progress. When it comes to FP and other issues maybe it makes sense.

Hope this doesn\'t hurt anybody or their sentiments, ofcourse you could still call them after reading this!!!

Thanks
Krishnan

CLARIFICATION

I need to clarify my statment, what I meant is that IIO do not judicate cases so IIO taking your call will Not slow down the GC processing. However, since either IIO do not have access to the accurate information or simply IIO do not care, the info from IIO, most of time, not very accurate.

MD aug 16. Still waiting for receipt. Anybody else ??

MD aug 16. Still waiting for receipt. Is there anybody waiting for receipt around MD Aug 16. -- Vaman